After comparing auto insurance rates for more than 900 vehicles from six large carriers, the survey found the Toyota Sienna LE to be the cheapest for insurance. The Audi R8 Spyder Quattro, a two-seat V10 convertible, ranked as the most expensive to insure.
Factors that can impact a vehicle’s car insurance quote include the frequency of crashes for that model, the cost of repairs, the cost to insurers when a vehicle is declared a total loss and the cost of bodily injury claims. Minivans have traditionally been included in the least expensive rankings, according to Insure.com.
Here are some of the least expensive annual insurance costs for 2012 models:
Vehicle Insurance per year
1. Toyota Sienna LE $1,111
2. Toyota Sienna 4 cylinder $1,114
3. Jeep Patriot Sport $1,116
4. Jeep Compass Sport $1,118
5. GMC Sierra K1500 Regular Cab $1,121
6. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab $1,125
7. Dodge Grand Caravan SXT $1,129
8. Ford Escape XLS $1,137
9. Toyota Sienna 6 cylinder $1,139
10. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab $1,143
The most expensive 2012 vehicles to insure include Mercedes, BMW, Porche and Jaguar models. To view the list, visit www.insure.com.
Insure.com calculated insurance rates using data from Allstate, Farmers, Geico, Nationwide, Progressive and State Farm in 10 ZIP codes per state.
Averages were based on insurance for a single, 40-year-old male who commutes 12 miles to work each day. The driver has policy limits of $100,000 for injury liability for one person, $300,000 for all injuries, $50,000 for property damage in an accident and a $500 deductible on collision and comprehensive coverage. The driver also has a clean record and good credit, according to Insure.com.
TODAY’S ISSUE of The Augusta Chronicle has $1,423.58 in coupons. This includes $30 in savings from Sports Authority and $60 in savings from Belk’s.
The SmartSource book has a coupon to save $1.50 on any one package of Huggies diapers. It expires March 10.
SWEETHEART DEALS: Valentine’s Day is days away, and Walmart has deals on gifts.
• Jewelry: Heart 2 Heart diamond pendant, $58; Sterling silver created ruby and cubic zirconium heart pendant, $38; Hello Kitty heart stud earrings and pendant, starting at $18
• Clothing: Valentine’s Day slippers, $9; heart print cami, $5.96; sleepwear, $8.96 to $14.96
• Technology: Pearl Pink Nintendo 3DS system, $169.96; Kindle Fire, $199 with bonus $50 Walmart gift card; Kodak C1550 digital camera, $89
• Traditional: Dozen roses, $15; boxed chocolates, $9.98; fragrances, $10