- ClariPath Laboratories (pathology services)
- Integrated Science Systems (diagnostic kits)
- Reach Call Inc. (telemedicine focused on strokes)
The investment between the medical center authority and the tenants was $900,000.
- "We need to build that (investment) infrastructure to not only support those companies as they're growing and emerging, but also ensure the capital markets are there and the presence is here. This year, we put $40 million in a fund. I believe we can do something in the neighborhood of $400 million to really try to get the venture capital present here." -- Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle
- "Every state in the union wants to play a role in biotechnology. They're investing a lot of money. There's only going to be a handful of places in the United States that are going to be real players in biotechnology. Georgia can be a player. It doesn't mean we're going to be, but it can be, if you look at our medical college, our incubators." -- Georgia Medical Center Authority Chairman Bill Brundage
- "Augusta is going to become a player in biotechnology. I have no doubt in that. We have the people in this city to make that happen. We need to work at it, gain funding.
"I believe we're an economy in transition. We're transitioning more toward IT and biotech. This fits with that perfectly. These are the kind of jobs you want in your city." -- Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver
-- Compiled by