Monday: ServSafe Certification Spanish Only, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Augusburg Haus, 4460 Washington Road, Evans; $225; (706) 833-7677, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday: Ribbon-cutting, Trip Cut Travel Services, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, 4424 Evans to Locks Road, Evans; (706) 651-0018, email@example.com.
Saturday: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce A.M. Connection, 7:15 a.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.; $10 members with reservation, $12 members without reservation, $15 non-members; (803) 279-2323, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday-Sunday: ServSafe Certification English-Open Class, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Copy Center Plus, 3358 Wrightsboro Road; $175; (706) 833-7677, email@example.com
June 28: ServSafe Certification Korean Only, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Augusburg Haus, 4460 Washington Road, Evans; $225; (706) 833-7677, firstname.lastname@example.org
June 29: Starting a business, 6-9 p.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; $69; (706) 721-4545
July 6: Character-Driven Success Seminar, 8:30 a.m. to noon., Savannah Rapids Pavilion, 3300 Evans to Locks Road, Martinez; $85; (803) 624-6384; cherry@SpeakingOfCharacter.com
July 12-13: ServSafe Certification English-open class, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Somewhere in Augusta Bar & Grill, 2820 Washington Road; $175; (706) 833-7677, email@example.com
July 13: Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites, 2 10th St.; free for Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce members, $20 nonmembers; (706) 821-1318, firstname.lastname@example.org
July 29: Ribbon-cutting, Be My Guest Catering & Events, 4:30-5:30 p.m., 4216 Washington Road, Suite 10, Evans; (706) 651-0018, email@example.com
Aug. 23: SuCCess Columbia County Style, 5-7 p.m., Champions Retreat Golf Club, 37 Champions Parkway, Evans; for members only; (706) 651-0018, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Thursdays networking and social hour; UGA Alumni Association, Augusta chapter; 6 p.m., Indigo Joe's, 3730 Wheeler Road; free; www.alumni.uga.edu/alumni
- Social Media Class; 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays, Cleveland Group Certified Public Accountants and Business Advisors office, 3740 Executive Center Drive, off Davis Road; three-part series; for people in small business; $135; (706) 288-2800, email@example.com.
- Kiwanis Club of Uptown Augusta; 1 p.m. Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; seeking members interested in fellowship and community; Bill Bates, (706) 306-6328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free small-business consulting; Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; help developing or updating business plans and financial projections, identifying sources of capital, establishing record-keeping, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies, strategic planning and suppliers; appointment required; (706) 721-4545.
- Eliminate Your Mortgage and Consumer Debt workshop; 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Hawthorn Suites, 4049 Jimmie Dyess Parkway; free; RSVP to (706) 564-5885.
- Long Term Care Insurance 101; 9-10:30 a.m.; second and fourth Tuesdays; Elmcroft of Martinez, 515 The Pass; refreshments; RSVP to (706) 364-8862.
- President's Club and Foundations Classes; reinforcement of Sandler Training for business owners, managers and sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, 936 Broad St., Suite 2003; (706) 432-0040.
- The Best Referrals Network of Life's Opportunities; Tuesdays at 7:30 a.m., with free referrals, Sunrise Grill, 3830 Washington Road; Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m., Sunrise Grill, 404 E. Martintown Road, North Augusta; call (706) 736-5020.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University's Education to Go program; (706) 736-1636, www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta.
- Homebuyer workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-6222.
- Financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar on protecting assets from fraud and marketplace abuses; CSRA Area Agency on Aging, (706) 210-2000.
- The NoonTime Networkers chapter of Business Network International meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., DoubleTree Hotel, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Lead at Lunch chapter of Business Network International, 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Stonecrest Southern Steak House, 601 N. Belair Road, Evans; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International AikeNetWorks! chapter; 11:30 a.m. Thursdays, Woodside Plantation Clubhouse, 1000 Woodside Plantation Drive, Aiken; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International Referrals & More chapter; meets Wednesdays at 7 a.m., T-Bonz, 2856 Washington Road; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872
- Business Network International Augusta Lunch Leaders chapter; meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., Sixth at Watkins Restaurant, 559 Watkins St.; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International Business at Breakfast chapter; meets Wednesdays at 7 a.m. at The Garlic Clove, 4461 Washington Road, Evans; John Raborn, (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter, 7:30 a.m. Thursdays, Forest Hills Country Club, 1500 Comfort Road; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- President's Club; reinforcement of sales training systems; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- Real Estate Career Information: Blanchard and Calhoun Real Estate, contact Tom Horner, (706) 312-5800 or email@example.com.
- Decide whether a career in the insurance industry fits you. Complete Harrison Assessment; Sarah D. Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis, (803) 645-7883.
- Income opportunities in real estate, mortgages and investment services; Thursdays, 7 p.m., Clarion Suites, 3038 Washington Road; free; call to reserve seats, (706) 564-5885.
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call (706) 364-6612.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; day and evening classes available Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; call (706) 860-8313.
- Prometric Testing Center: MCSA, MCSE, MCP and Comp-TIA exams, Microsoft Office Specialist exams; at Savannah River College; contact Amy Barnett at (706) 738-5046.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99; augustasoftwaretraining.com.
- Homeownership Accelerator Workshop; learn how to pay off your home faster without any changes in payments; 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Clarion Suites, 3038 Washington Road; free; call for seats, (706) 564-5885.
- Trading Connections seeks members interested in learning how to profit from short-term trading on stocks or options; contact Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or email@example.com.
- Free and low-cost classes and seminars for entrepreneurs and small-business owners; University of Georgia Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; call (706) 721-4545.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
- Foreign and Southern accent reduction; improve business and professional skills; Snyder Speech Therapy Services; (706) 860-9385.
- Construction management; learn the risks before hiring a contractor for commercial project; PCM Construction Consultants; firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 373-0585.
- Global Career Development Facilitator Training class leading to National Career Development Association certification; The Pritchard Group Inc.; classes will be in Augusta; registration required; space is limited; call Constance Pritchard at (706) 627-3540 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Keller Williams Realty; personalized sessions for anyone considering a real estate career; The Atrium, 3633 Wheeler Road; call (706) 868-3772.
- Introduction to e-mail; free course, Wednesdays, 1-2 p.m.; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Job Searching on the Web; free computer course, Wednesdays and Thursdays: Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Keyboarding; free computer course; 8-9 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Free educational programs on money management and protection against ID theft for public/private schools, community/civic groups, employers, organizations, etc. Consumer Credit Counseling Services CSRA, a nonprofit organization; (706) 736-2090.
- Marketable Skills Training Center; hands-on software training for Microsoft Office and other applications; 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; weekday daytime and evening classes available; Gwen Watts, firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 729-0941 or (706) 790-4253.
- Free seminar for people who have considered being their own boss; call Gail Amstutz at (706) 790-8771 for times and appointments.
- Help Others and Work from Home; free one-hour information and question session; Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m., call Arlene at (706) 364-2373.