- Lisa Hayes has been named assistant vice president and controller of First Bank of Georgia. The Martinez resident is a certified public accountant and is a member of the Georgia State Board of Accountancy.
- Amy Sykes has been named assistant vice president and manager of human resources for First Bank of Georgia. The Martinez resident has more than 15 years of experience in the human resources field and holds a senior professional human resources certification.
- David B. Amerine has been named Parsons' acting project manager of the Salt Waste Processing Facility project at Savannah River Site. He will be responsible for managing Parsons' personnel and team partners contributing to the completion of the design-build contract with the Department of Energy. Mr. Amerine joined Parsons in 2005 and has more than 40 years of experience in the nuclear industry.
- Kristina B. Baggott has been promoted to vice president at Carolina First. Ms. Baggott joined the bank in 2001 and is the retail area manager for its Midlands region.
- Linda M. Dollar has joined McManus and Bone LLP as staff accountant. She will be responsible for assisting the certified public accounting and financial planning firm's clients with accounting, bookkeeping and tax-return preparation. Laura Gann has joined the firm, and its affiliate, McManus & Sinclair Wealth Management LLC, as a receptionist.
- Frank Lee was the top producer at First Bank Mortgage during September.
- Karyn Nixon, the executive assistant to Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver, and Lee Prather Sr., a sales representative for Syngenta Crop Protection, have been named to the 2007 class of Leadership Georgia, an organization of community leaders affiliated with the Georgia Chamber of Commerce.
- Whitaker Electric has received the CSRA Home Connection's Preferred Provider designation from the program's executive review committee for achievements in service and customer satisfaction during the past 25 years.
- John T. Chandler was the top producer at Georgia Bank & Trust Mortgage during August, September and October.
- Sheral Phillips, an Avon representative in Hephzibah, was named to Avon's President's Club and earned a cruise to the Bahamas for sales achievements.
On the Move/Biz Bits is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form and attach photos at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.