According to a Friday news release, police simultaneously executed search warrants on two residences less than a mile apart. The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office Swat Team and the North Augusta Department of Public Safety Swat Team took part.
Three firearms and about 1½ pounds of marijuana and a half-ounce of cocaine were seized, with an estimated street value of $2,000 dollars.
“This is a direct result of the alliance that has been built between the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office, the North Augusta Department of Public Safety and the citizens of Aiken County,” said Sheriff Michael E. Hunt.
The two residences searched are located at 571 Samuels St., Belvedere, and 629 Celeste Avenue, North Augusta.
Arrested and charged were:
• Avis Jeremy Simpkins, 25, 571 Samuels St., Belvedere.
• Isaac Thomas Williams, 31, 571 Samuels St.
• Devon Cordell Davis, 20, 629 Celeste Ave.
• Darian Zabriel Davis, 19, 629 Celeste Ave.
• Daniel Rashad Lovett, 22, Barton Road, Trenton, S.C.