Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Drug agents arrest 2 men, find pot plants

Two Wagener men were arrested on drug charges this week after police flying over their property spotted marijuana growing.

Local narcotics investigators and SLED conducted a routine marijuana eradication flyover of the Wagener, Salley and Perry area Monday.

During the inspection, investigators saw what they determined to be about 135 marijuana plants growing at 7323 Wagener Road, according to a news release from the Aiken County Sheriff's Office.

Police also found a large quantity of marijuana seeds and other evidence, and two men who lived at the address - Timothy Leon Woodby, 52, and Roger Dale Woodby, 63 - were charged with trafficking marijuana over 100 plants.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/01/10 - 11:38 am
Apparently they have a green

Apparently they have a green thumb. Wish they had a more legal and lucrative crop to grow with their skills.

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 09/01/10 - 11:43 am
Just sending more jobs

Just sending more jobs overseas.

reader54
reader54 09/01/10 - 11:43 am
100 or more plants makes it a

100 or more plants makes it a Federal offense. Heck, we have to get everything imported! Do we manufacture anything in the US?

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:49 am
All that money and

All that money and investigative time wasted on a PLANT that's never killed anyone. What a waste.

ruudvonbaron
ruudvonbaron 09/01/10 - 11:57 am
The War on Drugs = epic

The War on Drugs = epic failure.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 12:06 pm
" It's Not A War On Drugs,

" It's Not A War On Drugs, It's A War On Freedom and Consciousness,... a reversion to the world of the..Inquisition " -- Graham Hancock

"A prohibition law strikes a blow at
the very principles upon which our
government was founded."
- Abraham Lincoln

ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS
TOBACCO ..........400, 000
ALCOHOL ..........100, 000
ALL LEGAL DRUGS ......20, 000
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS ....15, 000
CAFFEINE ..........2, 000
ASPIRIN ..........500
MARIJUANA .......... 0
Source: United States government.
National Institute on Drug Abuse,
Bureau of Mortality Statistics

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."
-Albert Einstein

Law Enforcement Againt Prohibition

The Churches Support Ending Prohibition

Stand Up For Your Rights!
Don't Give Up The Fight!
In Tribute to the Brave Drug Warriors, Fighting For Freedom and Against Prohibition:

" Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of Hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak, if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature placed in our power. Three millions of people armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone: it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. "

- Patrick Henry

disssman
disssman 09/01/10 - 12:35 pm
JFE. What has you so riled

JFE. What has you so riled up? Did they bust your supplier? P.S. essentially every addict on cocaine, crack, heroin, etc, etc, got their start on MJ or do you dispute that also?

chello36
chello36 09/01/10 - 12:46 pm
Most crackheads, cocaine

Most crackheads, cocaine addicts, heroin addicts, meth heads cannot stand MJ because it will not speed them up or jack them up. MJ also does not cause people to loose their mind or rob someone but the rest will crack, cocaine, herion, meth. And their are plenty of crackheads, cocaine addicts, heroin addicts, meth heads who have never bothered with MJ & never started their habit with MJ. The problem is with the individual & the choices they make in life. To me this was a waste of time & tax payers money bc they need to be concerned about the people who will knock you over the head for your last $5.00. The jails don't have enough space for the speed heads & the child abusers, etc
bc of having too many pot heads in jail who never bother anyone.
Quote your opinion or your arguement if you want but I feel this way & will not argue about it!!

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 12:52 pm
Dissssman maybe you should

Dissssman maybe you should watch something other than Reefer Madness before saying something unintelligent like you just did ;-)

truthnlove
truthnlove 09/01/10 - 01:00 pm
I have to say, trying to

I have to say, trying to eradicate MJ is like trying to eradicate dandelions...it ain't gonna happen. Both are weeds and occur naturally. I don't buy into the MJ is a gateway drug either. I've known a lot of people who have done MJ and nothing else, and I've never known a MJ user to be violent. It is a waste of taxpayer's money to continue this "war" with no feasible plan of winning it. Do I advocate that everyone should try it? No...it's a choice just like anything else.

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 09/01/10 - 01:09 pm
Some good posts on here, well

Some good posts on here, well done, folks!

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 01:11 pm
I just cannot, you know,

I just cannot, you know, believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on TV all day long, followed by, "This Bud's for you." - Bill Hicks

Ushouldnthave
Ushouldnthave 09/01/10 - 01:26 pm
A couple of more articles to

A couple of more articles to chew on about the harmless drug you people are in love with. Eva may want to rethink your "0" number.

"The National Transportation Safety Board is saying there is evidence of marijuana use by an engineer involved in a fatal collision of two Union Pacific RailroadUnion Pacific Railroad, transportation company chartered (1862) by Congress to build part of the nation's first transcontinental railroad line."

"Federal investigators say the conductor of a freight train involved in a collision that killed 25 people tested positive for marijuana after the accident."

"A man that is suspected to have hit and killed a woman jogger in Chico just after 9 AM has been arrested under the suspicion of driving under the influence of Marijuana and vehicular manslaughter."

"Driver in crash that killed Ashley Roberts, of Paw Paw, faces felony for driving under influence of marijuana"

Some things are worth prohibiting.

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 09/01/10 - 01:37 pm
Now, give us the numbers on

Now, give us the numbers on under the influence of alcohol or prescription medications incidents for a similar time period.

I am not advocating anybody drive or operate machinery under the influence of anything. But picking out a few unfortunate incidents doesn't make much of a case for your side of this discussion.

I'm guessing you don't shop at X-mart either.....

Mwilli5009
Mwilli5009 09/01/10 - 01:40 pm
Ushouldnthave: Yes, those

Ushouldnthave: Yes, those people might have tested positive for marijuana or were under the influence. Does that mean that is the sole reason for the accidents? No. Does it mean it played a role at all? No. It means they used it prior to the incident. That is all.

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 02:02 pm
They wont get any merry outa

They wont get any merry outa that whana

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/01/10 - 02:04 pm
Hey Jay, I like your new

Hey Jay, I like your new logo. Back to the marihuana plants. "Them" were some expensive ones for the local gendarmes to eradicate if they used a helicopter to find them. Oh, did you see my post regarding your turning me into the AC police. I never once thought that you did it. Have a gooooood day!!! son

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 02:10 pm
I usta fly (private pilot

I usta fly (private pilot single engine land) and I happend to know where a patch was growing. I decided to fly over and see if it stuck out and trust me it did. As soon as I got back home I pulled those suckers up.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/01/10 - 02:27 pm
esmc68, had a good laugh

esmc68, had a good laugh from your post. Some years ago I had the opportunity to fly in the helicopter on the eradication program. I flew all day and still couldn't see the stuff until the pilot pointed it out to me. Once you know where to look it is obvious.

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/01/10 - 02:36 pm
Here is an old one that just

Here is an old one that just seems to fit here!!

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 02:57 pm
Glad I made you laugh sweet

Glad I made you laugh sweet son.

reader54
reader54 09/01/10 - 03:02 pm
Justicefor Eva: I got a

Justicefor Eva: I got a chuckle from your 12:52 post. I vividly remember that film being played in Government schools. It was after the "duck and cover" propaganda of the Cuban Missile Crisis era. I didn't believe that spiel as an adolescent! Now, we have Big Pharma bombarding our airwaves with their "pills for your ills" diatribe. Madison Ave. has convinced everybody that they just need to walk into their docs' office and tell em what they need. The fact that MJ is a natural, God given plant that does need to be "synthesized" or manufactured has been the main reason that Weed has not been legalized, IMO. Big Phama would lose money and everybody knows that the FDA is in the pocket of Big Pharma. I say BUY AMERICAN! Do you think that The Cartels find the politics amusing and profitable?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/01/10 - 03:21 pm
Those Woodby's are good ole

Those Woodby's are good ole boys. They ain't never hurt nobody.

Dudes, you have drunks driving through stop signs and all. Stoners are peaceful and passive and wait for the stop sign to turn green.

Mwilli5009
Mwilli5009 09/01/10 - 03:23 pm
I'm no professional on the

I'm no professional on the subject, but it seems to me that legalizing marijuana would cripple the drug war in Mexico. It's supply and demand. If the USA provides the supply to meet the demand (which is obviously quite high...pun intended), we no longer need what is brought up our interstates. This cuts their funding significantly.

Of course, cocaine would still be an issue. But, anything that can be done to reduce their business within our country is a positive.

It's time. Make it happen USA.

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 03:23 pm
Sweet son
Sweet son 09/01/10 - 03:49 pm
esmc68, I believe that the

esmc68, I believe that the guy singing must have been stuck on the number 2. Maybe he just should have rolled a "fat daddy".

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 03:53 pm
LOL Riverman!

LOL Riverman!

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 09/01/10 - 04:15 pm
5 minute warning for the time

5 minute warning for the time hack.....

mjb1978
mjb1978 09/01/10 - 04:20 pm
It's really sad that this

It's really sad that this country has spent so much time and money on what is clearly a lost cause. I'm 32, and I'm fairly certain that when my generation comes to power over the present one - we'll do away with alot of these silly laws. Legalize and tax this drug - then use the tax proceeds to fund drug education and healthcare.

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 04:24 pm
1978 what ur saying aint

1978 what ur saying aint nothing new. Im 41 and just knew hooboliejoobolie (still cant spell merrywana) would be legalized by the time I turned 20.

Royal & Ancient Golf Club at St. Andrews votes yes on female members

The Royal & Ancient Golf Club at St. Andrews has voted overwhelmingly to admit female members for the first time. The club, exclusively for men since it was founded in Scotland 260 years ago, ...