Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Two teens arrested for robbing elderly man

Aiken Public Safety arrested two teens Thursday evening in connection with a strong-arm robbery of a 54-year-old man.

The man told officers he was jumped by the teens at the intersection of Abbeville Avenue and Kershaw Street about 6 p.m. The man was punched in the face and knocked to the ground before the thieves took his cell phone.

Jabarece Jackson, 17, of Abbeville Street, and a 15-year-old were arrested. Jackson was booked at the Aiken County Detention center. The juvenile is being held at the Department of Juvenile Justice detention center in Columbia.

veggie-d
veggie-d 07/16/10 - 11:00 am
wish this story ended with

wish this story ended with jabarece being brained with a louisville slugger...next time...next time...

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 07/16/10 - 11:06 am
lol veggie. I'm so ready to

lol veggie. I'm so ready to start seeing a few of these lowlifes taken out myself by fed up citizens and victims too. The justice system isn't going to punish these criminals as they should, its going to take the citizens getting the message out that we are sick of it!!

dwb619
dwb619 07/16/10 - 11:22 am
1. Buy pistol 2. Learn how to

1. Buy pistol
2. Learn how to use it
3. Get Concealed Weapon Permit

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 07/16/10 - 01:06 pm
Two dogs off the street. Now

Two dogs off the street. Now keep them locked up.

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 07/16/10 - 01:10 pm
best advice for the unarmed:

best advice for the unarmed: jab to the adams apple and heel of the palm to the nose. When they go down a sharp blow to the ribs under the arm breaks and drives the rib into the heart. Call the coroner.

Charles Wilburn
Charles Wilburn 07/16/10 - 01:16 pm
Be alert, be aware, be on

Be alert, be aware, be on guard and, most of all, be prepared. Dialing 911 will get a response on the way so that they can write up the incident report and put you in a body bag--when they get there! And just what do you intend to do in the meantime?

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 07/16/10 - 02:35 pm
Exactly walrud, I'm scared I

Exactly walrud, I'm scared I wont have enough of a punch for the nose thing (not really a way to test it out lol) as I'm soooo small and weak, but that throat wont take much pressure, then for the nads when they grab the throat then a knee to the nose and run forest run!!!. Also another good tip for people...... when I walk I always carry my keys in my hand with one key locked sticking out in between my fingers (pointer and middle) as a jabbing tool for the eyes or throat so its takes out whatever I punch and will at least maybe give me a chance to run. When I was a teen a long time back when a creepy guy was following me and I was looking for something to protect myself with because my parents always said keep keys ready in hand when walking to car in parking lot so I was like ah ha, I'm gonna jab his eyeballs out, that will make him let me go so I can scream and run and it will be pretty easy for police to find him in the ER!! lol

oneofthefrontrowgang
oneofthefrontrowgang 07/16/10 - 02:36 pm
GLOCK 15 SHOTS BODY BAG

GLOCK 15 SHOTS BODY BAG

Dixieman
Dixieman 07/16/10 - 02:47 pm
4. vote Republican.

4. vote Republican.

walrus4ever
walrus4ever 07/16/10 - 02:57 pm
It takes little force to

It takes little force to drive the nasal bone upwards and inwards towards the brain. Use the palm heel rather than the fist and stay away from the teeth so you wont cut your hand. The throat area is best. Just a slight poke will disable the biggest thug. Keys held between the fingers will rupture the lyrnax and they wont be interested anymore. Retreat is the best initial response but when your grabbed go for the kill or you might be the fatality. Take two fingers and LIGHTLY poke at the throat and you will see how powerful this act is. Fight for your life since you cant do much from the cemetary.

disssman
disssman 07/16/10 - 04:57 pm
Actually the best thing to do

Actually the best thing to do is grab a hand and bite down on a finger, any will do. Then start rolling around. Believe me the perp will roll with you, and keep biting because he is about to pass out at this point. I remember a story years ago about a woman being attacked in the old Cardinal Motel. Well the woman was ironing her clothes for work next day, so she hit the guy in the head, knocking him out, and put the hot iron in his lap till the police arrived and took him to the emergency room. Now that was a way to take care of business.

corgimom
corgimom 07/16/10 - 08:04 pm
The Cardinal Motel was

The Cardinal Motel was legendary.

mindaz
mindaz 07/17/10 - 05:51 am
Elderly at 54?!? Wow.

Elderly at 54?!? Wow.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 07/17/10 - 10:36 am
I thought 54 was the new 44.

I thought 54 was the new 44. The man might be considered elderly to the 17 and 15 yr old but not to me.

Suzy Q
Suzy Q 07/17/10 - 03:13 pm
54 is NOT elderly, but he may

54 is NOT elderly, but he may be on the small-ish side, or have some sort of disability that led those rotten little thugs to think he was an easy target. Evidence that they are subject to preying on anyone with a disadvantage should be considered when they get in front of a judge.

They need to be locked up until they're 'elderly'.

Turkeys taste own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.