Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

4 Aiken County meth labs discovered; 8 arrested

AIKEN --- Finding four meth labs in six days was pure coincidence, said Aiken County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Dave Myers.

Topic: Crime and Courts
 - More coverage on this topic:

"In narcotics there's no rhyme or reason and it was all very coincidental that it all came together," he said.

The string of busts, leading to eight arrests, began May 18 when investigators discovered a meth lab in a wooded area off Pine Log Road in Warrenville.

The next day officers discovered another lab at the Rainbow Motel in Clearwater, where stolen goods from recent burglaries in Aiken and Richmond counties were also found.

On May 20, officers were led to their third bust in three days at 100 Turnball St. in Gloverville. The last discovery came on Sunday when a vehicle pursuit with the South Carolina Highway Patrol and the Aiken County Sheriff's Office led deputies to the Ashley Motel in Clearwater. Additional tips led officers to the room where a meth lab was located.

"We're really just appreciative of the complaints because we need more eyes in this county and, in this case, it led to this series of arrests," Myers said.

More than 40 charges were filed in the eight arrests.

Facing charges are: Christopher Sims, 31, of Front Street in Bath; Oliver Harden, 44; Justin Harden, 20; and Mary Louise Harden, all of the 200 block of Chesnut Drive in Clearwater; Shane Calvin Tyler Rhodes, 19, of the 500 block of Willow Lane in North Augusta; Charles Marion Beard, 40, of the 100 block of Turnball Street in Gloverville; Raven Renee Hartman, 25, of the 500 block of Lucy Avenue in North Augusta; Donnie Stewart McPherson, 37, of the 600 block of Seymour Drive in North Augusta; and Dealva Nicole Sheppard, 31, of the 200 block of Deans Drive in Beech Island.

All were being held at the Aiken County Detention Center late Wednesday.

Real E Bugged
Real E Bugged 05/27/10 - 06:50 am
Aaaaaww, where will the

Aaaaaww, where will the midland valley residents get their meth now??

bettyboop
bettyboop 05/27/10 - 07:21 am
Keep it up Aiken County

Keep it up Aiken County !!!!...

curly123053
curly123053 05/27/10 - 07:53 am
What a bunch of losers. By

What a bunch of losers. By the photos I saw on another media of the suspects you can tell they are into meth. I can see someone in a supermarket checkout and tell that they are most likely on something like meth. They almost always have that drawn in look. When I worked EMS I called it the look of a loser when we picked up those people. Of all the drug abused people we picked up the meth look was the most noticeable I would say. It is really sad people do that to themselves.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 05/27/10 - 09:33 am
Most people coming to those

Most people coming to those hotels are more then likley Georgia residents. Every time I went down highway 1 in Clearwater, a car with a Georgia plate was turning into them.
Those motels needed drug busts along time ago.

angeleyes
angeleyes 05/27/10 - 08:44 pm
oh well, its a shame that

oh well, its a shame that people are so stupid thinking that they will never be caught. haha glad you are shut down.

cward
cward 05/28/10 - 07:57 am
to Sgt. Dave Myers, exactly

to Sgt. Dave Myers, exactly what drugs were found at Turnbull street? Oh yeah there was not meth. You did find where my brother was cleaning a car garage. and found a trash bag of old car painting chemicles, You all act like he was running something knowing you are all telling stories. Now the other 3 I don't have a clue. but be truthful in your reporting please. Pull some hair and run you a drug test on it... Oh yeah, go on to the middle of the street and start digging to. Bet you will find the real drugs you want to find.

curly123053
curly123053 05/28/10 - 08:15 am
cward, you can get off

cward, you can get off whatever drugs you want to. I assure you the authorities know the difference between a trash bag of old painting chemicals and a meth operation. You don't like negative publicity on your brother? Then tell him to associate with better people rather than the trashy types down there. There are a lot of good folks down in that part of the county. Quit hanging with the losers of society.

cward
cward 05/28/10 - 09:57 am
curly123053, I can assure

curly123053, I can assure you, I am on No type of drug. Authorities, are not giving the entire case. No I don't like the likes of what is being printed. Because I believe in Truth. I will tell you. I agree on a group of better friends. All of the Valley is not trashy. I hang with no one. I sure would not want to be the person standing next to you when your judgement day comes. Like this. You can only go on the stuff you have read. You don't KNOW the entire truth of this 1 case. I'd be glad to tell you. I will have you know I'm a CLEAN CITIZEN OF HORSECREEK VALLEY. I AM A CHRISTIAN. and I know GOD will have GOOD COME FROM ALL OF THIS. I am angry because the truth is not being told.

ispy4u
ispy4u 05/30/10 - 10:24 am
Those " Pesky Blonde-haired,

Those " Pesky Blonde-haired, blue eyed Swedish-American kids".

taelor2011
taelor2011 06/01/10 - 08:27 pm
Now; i'm not trying to be

Now; i'm not trying to be rude, or disrespectful in anyway. But i swear the people commenting on this post are not only illiterate but half mentally retarded. drug abuse affects everyone. I know a few of the people arrested for meth labs. Did you ever take into consideration that the economy is hard?! no one can find jobs. drugs are like permenant jobs to these people. Help find them jobs, and maybe, just maybe... they wont have a reason to manufacture meth. ALSO; from experience, i know that dealers rarely use their own products. so stating that the people arrested appear like they are meth heads. is stupid. Manufacturing drugs to drug dealers is like a blue coller job. They work all day on it, and they get paid after the product is complete. Help find us jobs in the CSRA, and the drug problem, might just settle down. Take into consideration when you post, that EVERYONE has to make a living. Support their need for work, help show them the better route opposed to drugs, do not condemn them for trying to make some money to support themselves and their families. Who are you to judge them?! exactly. You have no Heaven nor Hell to put them in.

'Do not swim' order lifted for Savannah River

Officials have lifted the "do not swim" order for the Savannah River, but questions still linger on the unknown substance's origin.