April Klan rally planned in Clearwater

AIKEN - The state officer of the Ku Klux Klan plans to hold a rally in Clearwater the weekend before the Masters.

Tim Bradly, Grand Dragon of the Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan plans to hold the rally on April 3 in Clearwater. The organization's last local rally was held in Burnettown in September 2000.

Bradly would need to contact the county if he plans to use a public park, said Assistant County Administrator Todd Glover.

Bradly said he is interested in using Harrison-Cavers Park's ballpark, but he said he has not been able to confirm his reservation for April 3.

"I haven't gotten a call back yet," he said.

Glover said that the county Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department has not received notice about the rally. In some cases, a rental agreement would have to be signed, but there are no restrictions on what type of group can hold a rally, festival or other event at public parks, Glover said.

"If you rent to one person, you have to rent to all," he said. "We'll have to abide by that."

April's rally will focus on immigration issues and the current administration, Bradly said.

"We're going to have a membership drive, and see what the people have to say," Bradly said. "We support the rights of white people, and we do these rallies for the things we think we need. We follow the guidelines that the Klan was founded on in 1865."

The Aiken County area has about 85 Klan members, and there are about 220 members throughout the state, he said.

Bradly said he had no idea that the rally would fall on the week of the Masters.

"I don't follow golf, so I didn't know when it would be held," he said.

The organization will have its own security on hand for the rally in April, but Bradly said the Aiken County Sheriff's Office will also help patrol.

Bradly said he is currently finalizing the time and location of the gathering, but he hopes to hold the rally at a Clearwater ballpark.

County Administrator Clay Killian said Bradly would not need a permit or permission to hold the rally.

"If anybody wants to come, it's open to everybody," Bradly said. "Just come to listen to what's being said without drinking, drugs or violence."

dashiel
dashiel 02/24/10 - 12:29 pm
Are you Klueless, Ms. Tune?

Are you Klueless, Ms. Tune? It's KU, not KLU.

dashiel
dashiel 02/24/10 - 12:32 pm
I wouldn't worry about it,

I wouldn't worry about it, though. My ear's out of Toone too.

DaddyFrog
DaddyFrog 02/24/10 - 12:58 pm
The good people of Aiken

The good people of Aiken County support the rights of "all" people not just white ones.We follow the guidelines that our country was founded on in 1776 not the ones your organization was founded on in 1865.KKK,your presence is not needed or wanted in Aiken County or in the State of South Carolina.Do us and yourselves a favor, stay away !

Laguria
Laguria 02/24/10 - 01:13 pm
Let the chilren have their

Let the chilren have their fun. I just hope it doesn't take too many patron's away from the tournament.

Seashells
Seashells 02/24/10 - 01:17 pm
How ignorant that these

How ignorant that these people still exist.......that is why the confederate flag is hated by so many.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 02/24/10 - 01:21 pm
Where is the outrage/hatred

Where is the outrage/hatred from the Christian community? Do they embrace the KKK parade more than the gay parade?

dominionfs
dominionfs 02/24/10 - 01:25 pm
Give 'em a few minutes Baron,

Give 'em a few minutes Baron, they are praying for the poor, lost souls.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/24/10 - 01:29 pm
I can only speak for myself

I can only speak for myself but I do not approve of this any more than the gay parade. baronvonreich, let me correct your though. The KKK isn't having a PARADE, they are having a RALLY at a public ballpark. No where do I see mentioned that they will be marching in the street. Both events are despicable.

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/24/10 - 01:29 pm
Boo. I'd rather watch the

Boo. I'd rather watch the Gay Pride parade, and I don't like them very much...

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 02/24/10 - 01:36 pm
It is time to change the KKK

It is time to change the KKK to the NAAWP. (National Association for the Advancement of White People.) If that is really what they are all about, that is fine. After all, we have the NAACP. But it is not about black or white anymore, as we have a president who does not care for any of us. What their rallly should be about is educating those who voted for Obama on the dangers of voting for him a second time.

cristinadh
cristinadh 02/24/10 - 01:36 pm
this is too funny!!!

this is too funny!!!

GAterp
GAterp 02/24/10 - 01:50 pm
Tiger can't make the Masters;

Tiger can't make the Masters; but guess what, we've got the Klan!

karls0913
karls0913 02/24/10 - 02:10 pm
DaddyFrog, it is obvious that

DaddyFrog, it is obvious that you have never read the U.S. Constitution. The guidelines that our country was founded on in 1776, like you say, did not include any rights for the blacks, women, poors, native americans, and any other minorities. That is why the Constitution has been amended twenty-seven times after it was written. The first ten amendmends are known as the Bill of Rights, and they still were not enough to treat all americans with dignity and respect. If you were a negroe lover at the time, like the KKK refers to, you would have been guilty of miscegenation, these first ten amendmends did not protect your rights to choose who you went to bed with or loved or both.

Saddleman
Saddleman 02/24/10 - 02:01 pm
The time for the KKK has

The time for the KKK has passed. It has never been relevant to building the strength and prosperity of the United States. Rather, it is a destructive and devisive organization that tears down America.

On the other hand, I wish people would reconsider their views toward homosexuality. What difference does it make to others if someone chooses to live with someone of the same sex? Homosexuals don't reproduce so what's the big beef? Yes, their sexual habits don't appeal to us heterosexuals, in fact they are disgusting, but that is their choice. I don't believe that is going to destroy normal familial relationships. I know only one homosexual and he told me this. "I was born this way. I was never attracted to people of the opposite sex. Do you think, I would intentionally choose this lifestyle? I wish I was different but I'm not. This is how God made me." Hmmm! It makes me wonder. I trust this person and know that he is intelligent, kind, and a wonderful person. I know that I would rather have him as a neighbor than many of the "straight" people I know. Can't we all be a little more compassionate to everyone who wishes to contribute to our society?

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 02/24/10 - 02:04 pm
Dashiel, you're right. It IS

Dashiel, you're right. It IS KU Klux Klan (pronounced KOO, not cue.) Baron, Christians may be outraged, but their (our) faith teaches them (us) NOT to hate.

karls0913
karls0913 02/24/10 - 02:06 pm
baronvonreich, the

baronvonreich, the outrage/hatred from the Christian community is still exactly at the same place it was for almost 400 years when the white rich men enslaved the women and the black people. At the same place when the white rich men thought that black people were less than human.

karls0913
karls0913 02/24/10 - 02:06 pm
baronvonreich, the

dominionfs
dominionfs 02/24/10 - 02:14 pm
Tim Bradly, Grand Dragon of

Tim Bradly, Grand Dragon of the Church of the National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan plans to hold the rally on April 3 in Clearwater possibly at a public ballpark. The organization last local rally was held in Burnettown in September 2000.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
When did the Klukkers start their own church????

mikeelliott
mikeelliott 02/24/10 - 02:20 pm
The KKK is attempting to

The KKK is attempting to preserve a dinasour. Not necessarily impossible but interesting to a few, important to even fewer. They remind me of the "Dixiites"..."the South's gonna do it again"...What are we going to do again, lose the war? Let them continue to fade into the past. Let's look to the future...

Notreally
Notreally 02/24/10 - 02:28 pm
Why would the chronicle even

Why would the chronicle even try and connect these two anyway? LOL

SNOB30904
SNOB30904 02/24/10 - 02:43 pm
INCHRISTSLOVE- People are

INCHRISTSLOVE- People are born gay. No one would choose to add hurdles to their lives.

The difference between The Gay Parade and the KKK rally is that the KKK centers around bigotry. Most homosexuals don't hate heteros, hispanics, blacks, or whites they just have a different sexual preference.

The KKK on the other hand needs to be brought down. I for one would like to show up to this rally and let them know what I think of them.

Augusta needs to break out of the stereotype set forth by genertions of hatred. Embrace those who are unlike yourself.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 02/24/10 - 02:45 pm
85 out of 220 Statewide KKK

85 out of 220 Statewide KKK members live in Aiken? That is telling.

Notreally
Notreally 02/24/10 - 02:55 pm
I wonder when he sees a black

I wonder when he sees a black person in his everyday life how does he corresponds with them? Like, if he's at the gas station and a black person is the only clerk in the store working, would he go to another store to get gas where a white cashier is working, what about if he get's to that store a black and white person was working would he get gas anyway or give his money only to the white cashier? How do they live life without running into a minority? What does he do when he in his car and he pulls up next to a black person? do he move over away from them to the other lane and speed up? If his child needed pampers and he's such a racist and the only bag of pampers left on the shelf had a black baby on the cover would he get those pampers or go somewhere else to get pampers with a white baby on it? These people are living in yester year, there isn't anywhere in the country you/they can go and not run into a minority. How do they live?

Notreally
Notreally 02/24/10 - 02:48 pm
Brad that's a hub for them in

Brad that's a hub for them in the Clearwater area, everyone knows that.

Notreally
Notreally 02/24/10 - 02:52 pm
If a KKK member was offered a

If a KKK member was offered a job and accepts, walks in on the first day and see's a black person does he quit that job? How racist can one of them be in todays society when you can't go anywhere without seeing, being around, in the presence of a minority.

Notreally
Notreally 02/24/10 - 02:57 pm
The Chronicle should send a

The Chronicle should send a black reporter to him for an update would he talk to them?

disssman
disssman 02/24/10 - 02:59 pm
Notreally I think you hit the

Notreally I think you hit the nail on the head. I sure wish people would quit refering to caucasians as white though. I find that reference to be disgusting, White is the color of the background I am typing on, and it is a long way from my skin tone.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 02/24/10 - 03:05 pm
RogueKnight - I understand

RogueKnight - I understand true Christianity teaches Christians not to hate but there sure are a lot of Bible quoting and Christian proclaiming people on the gay parade articles in the past week spewing a whole lot of hate not to mention the plethora of Baptist ministers who, in writing, state they want to deny basic, human, Constitutional guaranteed rights to other Americans.

Jillian
Jillian 02/24/10 - 03:01 pm
I've been around almost half

I've been around almost half a century and I have yet to see ONE "white" person, or "black" person.

What I have seen is many people of many ethnic backgrounds, and stupidity is an equal opportunity employer.

Hatred and racism stems from ignorance.

justus4
justus4 02/24/10 - 03:05 pm
Is anyone surprised at this

Is anyone surprised at this development? The entire area is fertile ground for such activity, and the KKK along with their relatives are thriving in the south. To the skilled observer, everyone who denies an association with the KKK probably is not being truthful, so there are probably more members working at governmental agencies that are hiding. This dishonesty is illegal, because their flawed beliefs may affect professional ethics resulting is an illegal detention or worse. Again, nothing new here just legitimate hate being put on display.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.