The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Augusta Magazine, on Thursday announced this year’s list top 10 list of “Young Professionals to Watch.”
The chamber’s annual initiative to promote Augusta’s talent pool of young professionals will formally recognize the recipients during the organization’s quarterly Member Economic Luncheon on June 13 at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center.
“After a competitive nomination process, these 10 rising business professionals have emerged as this year’s most promising young talent to watch over the next 10 years,” the chamber said in a statement.
The chamber will nominate each of the professionals for Georgia Trend magazine’s statewide “40 under 40” list.
This year’s recipients are:
• Dr. Bhagelu Ram Achyut, assistant professor at Augusta University’s Medical College of
• Aliegha Brigham, project manager for the Augusta-Richmond County Tax Commissioner’s Office
• Curtis Briscoe, commercial/industrial tax appraiser III for the Augusta-Richmond County Tax Assessor’s Office
• Daniel Burroughs, attorney and managing member of Burroughs Elijah LLC
• Karlton Clay, founder and CEO of Victory Productions LLC
• Bianca Islam, research assistant at Augusta University’s Georgia Cancer Center
• Dr. Iryna Lebedyeva, assistant professor of chemistry at Augusta University
• Paige Miller, development director for Hope House Inc.
• James Scott Quarles III, assistant men’s basketball coach and adjunct professor at Augusta University
• Lindsey Swartzbaugh, marketing and business development, R.W. Allen LLC
The Member Economic Luncheon will feature a presentation by Mayor Hardie Davis and a keynote address on “Building and Entrepreneurial Tribe” by Jennifer Bonnett, general manager of Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center.
Advanced registration is required. Contact the chamber office at (706) 821-1300 or AugustaMetroChamber.com by June 7.