Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO THE Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputy who flies up Boy Scout Road about 5:35 every morning. Please slow down before you kill someone. You are not in a rush to get to a site; you are in a rush to get to roll call.

IT WOULD HAVE been nice to honor Winston Churchill’s birthday Nov. 30. He was such a great historian and leader.

WHY DON’T WOMEN keep their kids from running all over the store and keep their buggies and kids out of everyone else’s way?

I’LL BE GLAD when that low-income housing is ready on Columbia County. I have to get ahead of this stormwater fee.

EVERY WEEK WHEN I go into the grocery store the price has gone up on the same item. Now we can’t afford what we need or like. We learn to do without. Is there an end?

RAVES TO THE ANGELS who picked up our tab on Nov. 21 at the Waffle House. Our daughter was in an accident. We appreciate what they did for us. It was a difficult time.

DOES MARION WILLIAMS still have drag strip stars in his eyes?

RANT DIRECTED at Santa’s personal hygiene and appearance in the Christmas parade Saturday. We found it disgusting that Santa’s hair and beard were dingy and dirty. The suit Santa wore was in definite need of cleaning.

I THINK THE Obama administration and the Democrats in Washington are the most deceptive people this country has ever known. I don’t trust anything they do or say.

RANT TO THE RUDE people at the Christmas parade. Do you come to enjoy the parade or beg for candy? You were so rude to the people and students in the parade, all because they did not have any candy. To the students whose feelings were hurt because you did not have candy, you all look great and behaved excellently.

TO ALL YOU wannabe NASCAR drivers: River Watch Parkway is not a race track. Bump drafting is not cool. Riding my bumper, flashing your lights or waving your arms like a primate will not turn my car into a magic carpet, which will leap over the cars in front of me.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/10/12 - 10:17 pm
"(H)onor ...Churchill’s birthday Nov. 30."?

Really? We bundled all the presidents' birthdays to make a racial set-aside holiday, and our nation's veterans' sacrifices are celebrated by mattress sales. So, figure the odds.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/10/12 - 10:23 pm
"Do you come to enjoy the parade

... or beg for candy?" For them, it's 'life skills' training; ignoring the good things going on around and getting something for nothing.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/10/12 - 10:25 pm
"WHY DON’T WOMEN

...keep their kids from running all over the store and keep their buggies and kids out of everyone else’s way?"

Short answer: They can't.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/10/12 - 11:20 pm
"Now we can’t afford what we

"Now we can’t afford what we need or like. We learn to do without. Is there an end?"

Is there an end......you ain't seen nothing yet. The way the FED has been printing worthless money you will continue to see prices rise dramatically. And when the Chinese decide that we owe too much and are a credit risk our interest rates will go up. I don't know if you were around in the Jimmy Carter years but we had 16% annual inflation and 22% interest rates to get a loan. With Obama's spending, things counld be even worse than Carter.

I know some of you snapping puppies out there weren't around then but believe me, you have no idea what you have done.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/11/12 - 01:09 am
RANT TO THE RUDE people at the Christmas parade. Do you come to

"RANT TO THE RUDE people at the Christmas parade. Do you come to enjoy the parade or beg for candy?"

Obviously the same mindset that put the current administration back in office. Wanting freebies from somebody else because that person has "candy" and they don't.

So typical....

GGpap
GGpap 12/11/12 - 03:40 am
"Now we can’t afford what we need or like..."

"Is there an end......you ain't seen nothing yet."

Yep, there will be and end. Hard times are cyclical and Americans have experienced many of them since our Constitution was ratified in 1789.

As for this yapping puppy, having been born during the Hoover administration, I can say from my experience that the Carter era was not the worst time in America's history; nor will our current economic downturn (presently recovering under the Obama administration) bring the doom and gloom that some revel in prophesying.

I prefer to look for the rainbow at the end of a summer storm.

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 12/11/12 - 03:47 am
"I THINK THE Obama administration and the Democrats..."

Might I suggest that you see your local optometrist and have your lenses improved so that you will be able to see the faults on the other side of the aisle as well.

Myopia is a condition that can be dealt with, sir or madam.

GGpap

JggrNAUT
JggrNAUT 12/11/12 - 04:01 am
Thanks GGpap

Thanks for attempting to be a reasonable voice. Unfortunately, a centrist voice is too positive for the commenters that seem to want the demise of the country in order to prove their position, republican or democrat.

Fortunately, Fox doesn't screen public rants to hire new commenters or it would be worse......

GGpap
GGpap 12/11/12 - 04:02 am
"...kids....running all over the store..."

I believe that women (or men) psychologically feel that the aisles of a store are safe havens for their uncontrolled darlings, and that grown ups would surely be willing to step aside, move to another aisle, or simply disappear when in danger of stepping on the toes of a one of their undiciplined gremlins.

Suggestion: Simply take the child by the hand and return "it" to the parent and gently inform them that you have just rescued the child from the gaping worm hole at the south end of the store.

Lot's of luck!

GGpap

Tullie
Tullie 12/11/12 - 05:31 am
GGpap said:

Your suggestion should be a good one. Unfortunately, people that have rotten gremlins like that would probably turn it around on you and somehow you would end up being the gremlin and in trouble for messing with a child.

I would not touch one of those things for nuttin in the world.

wayne2410
wayne2410 12/11/12 - 06:38 am
Runaway debt, higher taxes on

Runaway debt, higher taxes on all( if you thought only the rich were going to get taxed you have reality issues ), credit rating downgrades, no clear energy policy, no clear immigration policy, and a divided country. This has been the democrats gift to America and it is going to get worse. I feel bad for the conservatives but I will be glad to see the suffering the liberals will endure, it is what they deserve for voting as stupidly as they do. It is just too bad they are taking the rest of us down with them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 07:40 am
We are not in love !!!

Ok now.....RA & I are not in love BUT he is sending me sweet country songs....this is one of them.....

But we have fallen in like though.....just sumthin about the grouchies ....I just can't get enough ofem...lol

Hello fellow grouchies on here...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 07:45 am
Lily you are right my lady...

Yes countyman does like to mention my name.....he wants to push my buttons heh heh....
but we have to watch him.....he is like a used car salesman.....puts a wax & shine on his goods for sale.....makes us think we are buying a caddy but we are really getting rollar skates instead...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 07:49 am
GGpap...do you ever get out of the house>>

If we DARE touch a child's hand in a store we would be slapped with a law suit a mile long...next thing ya know our pics would be all over AC saying we have molested a child....we would probably get 10 years in the pokey....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 07:56 am
The rant said....

Well now I guess ole Santa is paying some extra taxes & can't clean his suit anymore.....he might live at the North Pole but he still has to pay his share & all the little gimmies in the world.....he must be in the top 2% percenters yaknow...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 07:59 am
Krispy Kreme light is flashing then....

They are hot & juicy....don't get in his way....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 08:36 am
Baseball Stadium to North Augusta

Other media is reporting a new baseball stadium will be constructed on the river on the N. Augusta side and the Greenjackets will "move" there. I think it's a fantastic idea and will save Richmond Cty tens of millions. ASU can take over Lake Olmstead Stadium and have one of the best college baseball stadiums around. If they go D-1 as has been discussed they could bring in some bigtime college programs for games in the stadium. Go North Augusta. Go ASU. Go Greenjackets.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 08:48 am
Paine Football

Paine College is going ahead with football and that leads to another use of Olmstead Stadium if the Greenjackets are moving to North Augusta. It would be easy to play football there too. Place temporary bleachers facing the first base side for visitors.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/11/12 - 08:49 am
RM

You can bet they will build it for a lot less cost. They won't spend millions on unnecessary paper work and pay offs.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 08:52 am
Hello guys

I see doberman & cgee are awake now....lol...that name doberman is kinda catchy....I like it....:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 08:55 am
CGEE

A stadium built in N. Augusta is a much better deal all around including the reliability of the whole construction process. Fans will love to go to N. Augusta for games in that beautiful and safe environment.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 09:01 am
JTF

By the way, since I have some college eligibility left, I'm practicing long snapping in my yard. I may enroll at Paine for night courses and go out for football. JTF, you game? Let's try it. Life as a long snapper in Augusta.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 09:13 am
"Information to Share With You"

I should have opened my comment about the North Augusta stadium and Greenjackets' move with, "I have some more information to share with you." Heh.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/11/12 - 09:15 am
Long snapper

Nah, not enough glory. They only mention your name when you roll it back to the kicker. I would consider the Head Cheerleader picking job.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/12 - 09:17 am
Also a good morning to Rebellious

Whenever he arrives....he is our Pit Bull with an ATTITUDE.....:)

Now I have to go pay DOCTORS more money .......do yall know with enough xrays you can light up a room without turning on the lights...:)
seeyall

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 09:31 am
JTF, you pick the

JTF, you pick the cheerleaders and I'll be the guy who lifts one in the air. On second thought, you might pick one I couldn't lift.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 09:58 am
Question. Why do liberals

Question. Why do liberals oppose "right to work" states? Most claim to be pro-choice, but only when it pertains to killing children. If it is the choice to join a union or they oppose choice.

Unions: An idea so good, they have to be mandatory.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/11/12 - 10:03 am
H Angie

It's the double standard -

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/11/12 - 10:35 am
Rant # 3 and Last Rant:

Rant 3" Because Mothers don't know that kids know their Mothers do NOT discipline them, for one.

Last Rant....Did ya see the pic on today's Front Page hardcopy of the A?. Hmmmmm, Wonder what the husband/passenger was doing at the time she ran the tedlight and, subsequently, sped down the wrong land of the Parkway?

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 12/11/12 - 11:24 am
Put cops on Riverwatch!

I have often wonder why there are not any cops posted on Riverwatch....Back in the day, we USED TO race our cars after school...Thank God for his grace and mercy.

Put cops on Riverwatch! Speaking of cops and racing...

RANT to the officer in the silver unmarked Impala traveling North on Gordon Hwy. most weekday mornings- I will NOT race you. Please stop playing....its too early in the morning for that. You have tried this twice within the last month. Thank You.

'Do not swim' order lifted for Savannah River

Officials have lifted the "do not swim" order for the Savannah River, but questions still linger on the unknown substance's origin.