Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE who lived in the trailer park on Deans Bridge Road: You left a bunch of cats and dogs to fend for themselves and put the burden on an old man who can barely feed himself.

SCOTT DEAN’S sentence of 20 years is extreme. Rapists get less of a sentence and are not convicted for possible future rapes. Dean needs to appeal. Serving up to 10 years seems more reasonable. The media shouldn’t attack his wife. How do you think she feels?

RAVES TO THE DEAN family. May God bless them. We all do wrong. I’m so glad God will have the final say. My heart is heavy tonight as I think about Mr. Dean. I don’t know what happened. Keep praying.

IF ALL PEOPLE conducted themselves properly, there wouldn’t be any difference in race, color or creed.

A RAVE TO Jim Blan­chard for protecting our children. I hope others take note.

THE COMING SUMMER in Augusta is going to be horrible. Is anyone planning ahead?

WHY DO JURIES keep putting murderers and other criminals back on the street with a not-guilty verdict? How is Augusta (or any other city) ever going to be a safe place to live? Do we need better prosecutors or should we scratch the jury system because of blind incompetence?

A RANT TO THE person who has a concession stand in the street in the Glenn Hills area. That is an accident waiting to happen.

THIS IS FOR ALL the greeters at the Walmart on Deans Bridge Road. Thank you for making me feel welcome each time I came into your store, and thank you for all the times you found a wheelchair for me to use while I shop. I will miss all of you very much. I am sorry to see you go.

A RAVE TO Doctors Hospital for the staff, doctors and personnel there. This was my first and, hopefully, my last cancer treatments I ever have to experience. These people went out of their way to explain each procedure. Thanks to you, Dr. Hall, and my two techs, Don and Miles.

SOMEONE BEATS his girlfriend enough to send her to the hospital. He’s not in jail?

I AM A POOR person. I am legally crazy in the eyes of the law, but I know better than to shoot a policeman.

myopinion3
myopinion3 02/07/12 - 01:11 am
Planning ahead? Just what

Planning ahead? Just what exactly do you want us to plan on? What are YOUR plans?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 05:20 am
Last ranter.. I'm not legally

Last ranter..

I'm not legally crazy (yet) but yeh you are right......most of us know NOT to shoot at a policeman..only the spolied brats living in the pc world of today think that is ok....amazing how a few years can turn everything upside down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 05:22 am
Anyone who leaves a bunch of

Anyone who leaves a bunch of animals to fend for themselves needs a good "whupping"....I mean a GOOD one.

shrimp.....In your eyes who is everybody??:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 05:24 am
I like greeters at

I like greeters at Walmart...I think they have been a plus for the store & it gives a job to some oldies ...keeps them out of trouble at home....ya know they can be trouble when they are bored..heheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 05:31 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 05:40 am
corgimom
corgimom 02/07/12 - 05:58 am
"We all do wrong" is no

"We all do wrong" is no excuse, ever, for child molestation and incest.

I just don't understand how anyone could ever excuse or justify that.

And it is just astounding to me why people think he shouldn't serve a long sentence. He committed incest. How that child must have suffered.

Trouble
Trouble 02/07/12 - 06:11 am
morning all

morning all

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 06:25 am
Hi ebbbybody.... I have a big

Hi ebbbybody....

I have a big decision to make now.....will it be grits or slimfast....my o my...grits with shrimp/cheese....creamy ....slimfast in the tiny-skinny bottle they put it in now....with the hard top to open & they give half as much as the old can of slimfast....who do they think they're kidding---like we don't notice the DIFFERENCE....cost as much but 1/2 as much...I've noticed lots of products have been reduced in size....& that reminds me of the tough bottle caps om meds....why did things have to change anyway..:(

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/07/12 - 06:33 am
Shrimp seenit Shrimp! to heck

Shrimp seenit Shrimp! to heck with slimfast! Go for the shrimp!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 06:35 am

Something to make me smile this am....love to hear this guy sing......
soooodivine...wish you were mine....oooh sea of a heartbreak....I'll play his music while I chug down this slimfast....

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/07/12 - 06:36 am
corgimom, people defending

corgimom, people defending Deen don't think they feel it's an excuse or justification because they don't think Deen is guilty. Although he has been found guilty in a court of law and sentences, they don't believe he did what he's been accused of.

I have to ask the same question myopinion3, "plan for what this summer? It's going to be HOT, what more do we need to know.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 06:36 am
Hiya shrimp....what made of

Hiya shrimp....what made of my mind is seeing my behind...hahah

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/07/12 - 07:09 am
Hey, SeenIt....Shrimp....and

Hey, SeenIt....Shrimp....and others who like someone to say hey to them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 07:13 am

Some would rather have this in the am...BUT hey not me.....I like the he-man tough rough ...me man you woman type...heheh
hahahahaha
It is so hard to please a woman sometimes...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 07:53 am

ok now I have the summertime blues....work-work to do...

bills to pay---floors to clean--mopping---calls to make--I need a dang maid.....
I've done my part for r/rs today------show me what ya'll can do......:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/07/12 - 07:55 am
Okay..I'm out of here. I have

Okay..I'm out of here. I have to give a little talk today. Wish I could just type it. Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/12 - 07:59 am

This is for JRC today...Little Richard all grown up.....:)

allhans
allhans 02/07/12 - 08:51 am
Planning might mean the cost

Planning might mean the cost of energy. A long hot summer?
Gasoline is predicted to go up another 58 cents a gal, or so I heard someplace.

Anyhow, what do I know..I can't even predict what will happen today.

allhans
allhans 02/07/12 - 08:52 am
Randy Travis arrested for

Randy Travis arrested for public intoxication at church..huh?

allhans
allhans 02/07/12 - 09:14 am
Rant #7. Have you ever sat

Rant #7. Have you ever sat through a trial and heard the words coming from the mouths of defense attorneys. The person charged is just an innocent, put upon, poor, mistreated person who is not to blame for what he did. In other words, statements that have never been near the truth.
What are juries to believe? They aren't allowed access to pertinent information and the defense attorneys laugh all the way to their bank..

bdouglas
bdouglas 02/07/12 - 09:26 am
Raver #9 about Walmart

Raver #9 about Walmart greeters... Perhaps you're misinformed? Greeters aren't going anywhere for the most part, they just won't be working the doors by the time 3rd shift starts. The times you and most people shop there you'll still have your beloved greeters.

David Parker
David Parker 02/07/12 - 09:28 am
since winter is so warm and

since winter is so warm and mild, obviously, summer will be cooler. That's my plan, to be hopeful.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 02/07/12 - 09:35 am
Another long, hot (hazy &

Another long, hot (hazy & humid) summer in Georgia. Who wouldn't totally not be prepared for that?

Waiting to see if the Occupy Random Spaces/OWS crowd can stand the heat like they did the cold....

twolane
twolane 02/07/12 - 12:01 pm
well with scott dean just how

well with scott dean just how much does its take a girl said he did it then said she lied to just get money and then little sister jumps in with her story....from what i gather it was he said she said....and one accuser recanted and admitted she lied seems it was a very weak case altogether and even one juror has already admitted she thought he was innocent but caved in to pressure from the other jurors ...he was convicted not on this case but purely for reason outside the court room such as the rash of child abuse cases

happychimer
19396
happychimer 02/07/12 - 12:19 pm
The judge was easy on Dean.

The judge was easy on Dean. He could have been given 20 yrs for each count, which would have been 40 yrs.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/07/12 - 12:38 pm
Some feel that way happy but

Some feel that way happy but let me ask you....if your son, husband, or father, was in the same shoes as Mr. Dean, would you still feel the same way?

happychimer
19396
happychimer 02/07/12 - 12:48 pm
ICL yes I would.

ICL yes I would.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 02/07/12 - 12:54 pm
I don't defend anyone who has

I don't defend anyone who has injured a child physically or mentally. for your info, my daddy felt the same as I do on that subject. He never did anything to harm me. My husband won't harm a child either. I know him like I know the back of my hand. My whole family knows that I will not defend anyone who harms a child, the elderly, and animals. As for dui, they all know not to call me if they are caught dui.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/07/12 - 03:19 pm
I haven't seen any concession

I haven't seen any concession stand in Glenn Hills. What street is it on? Do you mean Bellemeade near Terrace Manor School?

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen