Staind, Godsmack tickets on sale Friday

Rock bands to play April 13 at James Brown Arena

SPECIAL
Godsmack

Platinum rock bands Staind and Godsmack are kicking off The Mass Chaos Tour at James Brown Arena on April 13.

Staind  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Staind

Hard rock quartet, Halestorm, will open the show.

Exclusive pre-sale tickets for Staind’s fan club members went on sale Wednesday at www.dysfunctionalstaind.com.

Tickets are $45 and $39.50 and go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 27, at the James Brown Arena box office, by calling (877) 4AUGTIX or at augustaentertainmentcomplex.com.

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/23/12 - 03:38 pm
WHO???????????

WHO???????????

LemonJello
LemonJello 01/23/12 - 03:52 pm
Augusta has got to get these

Augusta has got to get these types of shows and more. To have Elton John come and then a quality rock act like this along with all the country artists that come through is paramount. With the touring information available online, many many music fans choose to travel 2-3 hours away to see bands perform. This is an opportunity for new/outside money to come into the CSRA which is a seed for economic growth an vitality. I truly believe that if we had a larger arena, more things like this with regional appeal (not just local) would happen more often.

BBSouth
BBSouth 01/23/12 - 05:03 pm
This is awesome, finally

This is awesome, finally Augusta's getting quality acts. Not just Elton, Lady A, Godsmack, and Staind, but Ralphie May and Steve Harvey. Yea for Augusta.

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 01/23/12 - 05:03 pm
I agree with LemonJello. We

I agree with LemonJello. We have 800, 2200 and 7000 seat venues in Richmond County, and now with the Lady Antebellum Amphitheater in Columbia County, we should have promoters standing in line to book tours here. We are the 2nd largest metropolitan area in Georgia, after all. I travel frequently to Macon to see artists like Randall Bramblett, Chuck Leavell and other Georgia homegrown artists like that. Randall played Sky City a while back to a half packed house. Lee Roy Parnell played Sky City once and I bet there weren't 75 people in the house. I'm not picking on Sky City, it's a GREAT room, but there's little to no promotion for these kinds of acts downtown. I was thrilled when The Tedeschi Trucks Band played at The Imperial back in February. They went on to get a Grammy nomination. THOSE are the kinds of artists we need to get in Augusta. So much potential here, venue wise, if we can just get the right promoters to look at us.

LemonJello
LemonJello 01/23/12 - 06:13 pm
Augusta has been a finicky

Augusta has been a finicky market for a long time. The availability of concert information on the web gives us a lot more reach on who can actually come to the shows. There is no reason that a music fan in Columbia would not travel the 65 miles to see a quality artists when tickets can be bought right over a computer. With more regional outreach, ticket sales can really pick up. As a city, we are well situated to capture this expanded market. I am old enough to remember seeing GREAT bands in the Civic Center throughout the early to late 80s, and that was when people had to stand in line to get tickets. Online availability widens the market and makes it easy to reach the decision to come to Augusta to see quality shows. I routinely go to shows in Charlotte, Savannah, Columbia, Atlanta, Athens, and Jacksonville. It would be a lot better to stay home and see these same shows and know that people are actually traveling here for a change!!!!

David Parker
David Parker 01/24/12 - 02:35 pm
Bring back .38 Special

Bring back .38 Special !!!

I'm j/k. I think if you ask around enough among touring bands and ask them why don't they swing into Augusta, most will tell you that Augusta is a void on the musician's map. To build real cred, Augusta has to draw some really fan-friendly bands that don't cater to one demographic. For instance, bringing Staind and the likes is the safe play. I've seen hardcore / metal type bands here for quite a while. Rubio brings in alot I think, correct me if I'm wrong. This is a great effort and doesn't detract from the big goal. But it does leave out alot of folks. Bringing in Sir Elton provides a little wider base but where's the WOW? I mean, he lives right up I-20.

Get the hard working bands that are touring the college towns like mad. Make that a staple. There should be a show every night of the week to catch some live music. Get the kids out and about on a regular basis and you'll get the rest of the town interested in going out too.

or just call up .38 Special and let's do it again !!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/24/12 - 03:17 pm
David, as I see it, the

David, as I see it, the problem is two-fold. Augusta won't support acts that cater to small venues; and the bigger acts can't make enough money on small venues.
We seriously need a bigger sports and entertainment complex in the area (NOT DOWNTOWN IN THE HOOD). Maybe when the economy improves, a corporate sponsor can be wooed to help build one.