Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SO, SIX DAYS a week is not enough time for drinkers in Grovetown to buy their booze? Looks to me like barroom politics. I guess there are some that like to worship the bottle on Sunday. Must be two kinds of “spirits.”

THE NBA IS BACK: Now we have mindless drivel and mindless dribble on TV.

OUR HOSPITALS BRAG about being smoke free. They should also be fragrance free. People don’t know their condition when they go into a hospital.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

BIG RAVES TO George for coming back to WJBF to give us an accurate weather report. Thank you.

PUBLIC TRANSIT allows ASU students and faculty to ride the bus for free with proper ID. Why not let MCG, Paine and Augusta Tech students and faculty ride free also?

A BIG RAVE TO Brickles Cleaners on Washington Road for their sign wishing everybody a Merry Christmas and God Bless You. Thank you for showing that you are a Christian operation and for having the guts to go against the trends to not say Merry Christmas.

RAVES TO THE Fields family on Warren Road. They have their entire house, garage and yard decorated with lights and it is in sync to the radio. They also have a blue star with T31 in honor of the officer’s death. A very Merry Christmas to all!

IF YOU THINK the Christmas decorations downtown look terrible, make a trip to Harlem. The tree in front of City Hall looks like it has been caught on fire, put out and redecorated.

A RANT TO candidates and incumbents who continue to rely on negative campaigns while minimizing the issues and the media that encourages this practice.

FIREFIGHTERS GOT a raise. Why not the police? They put their lives on the line every day. They have not gotten a raise in over seven years.

THE DEDUCTIBLE for Social Security next year is $140. So where is our raise? They give it and they take it away.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/24/11 - 01:59 am
I'm glad I don't drink so I

I'm glad I don't drink so I don't have to worry about when alcohol is being or not being sold.
To the folks who keep complaining about it you really need to find something else to do. In Grovetown it is now the law that you can buy alcohol on Sundays. If you don't like the law then get your represenatives to change it.
You can complain all you want but it won't help.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 12/24/11 - 05:15 am
If anything, NO ONE should

If anything, NO ONE should ride public transit for free. It already costs the local taxpayers millions each year and very few taxpayers ride the busses.

The deputies do deserve a major pay raise. Not only have they not received raises, they have had to endure furlough days, pay more out of their check for insurance each year, etc. If we want the best law enforcement in the area then we had better start paying for it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 07:33 am
Now you made me want to check

Now you made me want to check the Christmas tree in Harlem....can it be that bad??

Another shooting & another death...how many now...28?
I hope we have some good news today---I'm sick of bad news.

Goodmorning CSRA----wake up & smell the coffee..
Just be thankful you aren't fighting the traffic here near Atlanta.....the Malls are bonkers with cars....I don't even try to go near right now....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 07:46 am

Near riots over a SHOE!!!......Splain this to me....Japan had a tsunami-earthquake-nuke disaster & they didn't riot or go crazy-----can shoe be that important???

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 08:00 am

Now this is what Broad St. could be at Christmas....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/24/11 - 08:41 am
Now for the good news......

Now for the good news...... Love ya SB4...... along with the rest of my ladies. And one that gets off at 3pm today who I can spoil a little while I am home.

The rants used to be "I can't buy beer on Sunday" now it's "OMG, they're selling beer on Sunday"

OK, basketball is back. Great for b-ball fans, personally I don't care one way or the other. Now if we are talking NASCAR....

The smell in hospitals is the antiseptic, used to lessen chance of diseases spreading.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Maybe if the COUNTY bus system served the ENTIRE county they would create enough revenue to pay the bill. I agree, if one student can ride for free, all should be able to.

That's enough for now..... Good Mourning Augusta, when the killings stop we can say good morning again.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/24/11 - 09:02 am
Good Morning America. Today

Good Morning America.

Today is Christmas Eve and you all can Rant and Rave on the shootings, killings, the smell in the hospitals, the king SMCICBHO's illegals, heck even those $180.00 shoes made in China that may even have lead dye in them.
Today I spend the whole day at the grave side of my murdered son and his two friends. It has been 24 years without the Christmas they should have had. Their cold blooded killer is still breathing, living on this earth, receiving visits from his families and getting Christmas gifts. Everyday, somewhere, there is someone/ family that gets to feel like I do and it's not the greatest feeling to have on Christmas. My heart goes out to them.

Let me wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 09:10 am
A good am to you

A good am to you RoadKill...

My heart is with you Cgee----no one should go through that hurt..
When I'm in town I will see my grandparents/parents graves out off Hy 1 near Willis Foreman Rd.... I have a great friend nearby & she puts the flowers on there for me...thankyou to the many friends in life..

mackit69
mackit69 12/24/11 - 09:12 am
This is in response to the

This is in response to the comment about Grovetown allowing alcohol sales on Sunday. Why should your specific religious beliefs dictate my buying habits? If it is about keeping Sunday as a holy day, then that is unconstitutional. What about the religions that do not allow any alcohol?

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/24/11 - 10:14 am
"Near riots over a

"Near riots over a SHOE!!!......Splain this to me.... The Japanese.........."

After reviewing many of the videos I can assure you that it is a culture thing. The Japanese have a culture. Fill the rest in yourself because if I say it, Sean will remove it.

See Snake Plissken, Escape From New York. We have not arrived at our destination yet, but we are certainly coming into the station. The only thing that would have made this better would have been if the OWS protestors had showed up to protest the hypocrisy of $180 sneakers and were trampled by the teenagers of the "working poor" who were buying them.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 12/24/11 - 09:13 am
Merry Christmas folks. God

Merry Christmas folks. God bless each and everyone who posts here.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 09:57 am
Ok what gives with river this

Ok what gives with river this am??

Did he just find out his taxes will triple next year?
Did he open his Christmas early & didn't get the new fancy car?
Did he see someone lick the sweet off of his lollipop?
or did he just sleep on the wrong side of the bed last night?? :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/24/11 - 10:00 am
SeenIt, good morning. These

SeenIt, good morning. These comments are getting entirely too stale, editorials, too. I'll fix that.

augustanative1969
augustanative1969 12/24/11 - 10:32 am
forget what i said it was

forget what i said it was taken out of context

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 10:17 am
1969.....your post is very

1969.....your post is very uncalled for...:(

augustanative1969
augustanative1969 12/24/11 - 10:21 am
seen it It wasnt meant to be

seen it
It wasnt meant to be rude if it came out that way then it surely wasnt meant to be. I just hate to see anyone to continue to hate all the time when there is so much of life left. You took my post wrong--life is just short and he needs to enjoy what time he has left not dwell on hate and hurt so much that it dominates everything. I meant it with a good heart I promise

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/24/11 - 10:30 am
Cobaltgeorge, I love your

Cobaltgeorge, I love your post. You are honest, real and willing to connect with others who are sharing the same grief. May our Lord continue to bless you and direct your steps. I so look forward to meeting you! Merry Christmas.

literallyamerican
literallyamerican 12/24/11 - 10:37 am
((((Cobalt))))) I will be

((((Cobalt)))))
I will be thinking of you today......not feeling quite the same emotions that you are but you know my heart
S

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 11:18 am
Like RM said on another

Like RM said on another post........watch out for the power of the media....

Make you stand in lines all night waiting on aticket-shoe-cabbagepatch dolls---etc.
In the past remember the cigarette adds...great looking actor with sexy stare with cig hanging just right from the lips-----making you feel you could look that sexy too if only you had that type of cig....

Now when we grocery shop they have sounds all around that entice your ears-& also some emit pleasant odors in certain departments like bakery & flower shops.....pulling your senses into another world---a perfume to draw you in for the kill..

All stores play music that calms & stirs our basic emotions....at Christmas time we are bombarded with it-----notice the perfume dept. next time you are in the store---beautiful-graceful pics of men/women with sex appeal .....
Heck....I could probably dress a dummy & use the right tricks to lure most men into buying stuff they don't need........I have had a lot of practice with GOB....:)

KSL
KSL 12/24/11 - 11:24 am
I think about Cobalt

I think about Cobalt everyday.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/24/11 - 12:04 pm
FIRST comment: Live and let

FIRST comment: Live and let live!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/24/11 - 12:12 pm
In the AJC... Guns as

In the AJC...

Guns as gifts....Firearms appear to be a popular item on the Christmas list this year..
Retailers estimate it willcost $1.8 billion in shoplifting-crime this year...a 6% increase......(we told you so on here)
Police arrest 1 & detain 3 at Stonecrest Mall outside of Atlanta....fighting for theJordan shoes----some damaged a door at LennoxMall fighting for high priced shoes...
a 21year old wakes up after 2months in coma since Oct....they had been discussing taking himoff life support-------maybe he heard that!!

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/24/11 - 12:52 pm
Why would anyone fight over a

Why would anyone fight over a stupid shoe. They will be making them by the millions.

And Cobalt, I will be thinking about you and your loss.

eagle
eagle 12/24/11 - 04:34 pm
Good for Grovetown. For

Good for Grovetown. For once, a gov't acknowledged what their citizens voted for. Don't like it? Don't go there. Cobalt, sorry for you loss. As for everyone else....Merry Christmas. Take care and be safe.

seenitB4