Rants & Raves

ANY AMERICAN WHO travels to a foreign country and causes violence or damage should be held accountable for their actions. Just like they are here ... toss them prison!

NOTHING AGAINST the Chinese. I have approximately 50 percent of small items in my house that came from China. Why can’t the U.S. make it? You save a job, save a buck and contribute to the economy.

I KNOW OLDER and other folks have a loss of control of body fluids, but they need to wear pads or even diapers as necessary. No excuse can permit someone to just leak and walk away and leave that mess. Plus, other people can be contaminated with something contagious.

A COURTHOUSE and highway are quite fitting, considering the many, many ways Judge John Ruffin Jr. has moved and shaken civil rights for decades. In fact, I hope the African-American Historical Society or whatever group that puts on those monuments along Laney-Walker Boulevard, would consider making sure there is one for him soon.

I WALKED AWAY from the newsstand Thanksgiving, seeing the paper would cost $3. Someone tell me what I missed.

IN THE 1920S and ’30s a man named Keynes invented an absurd argument for socialists to use to persuade people that socialism works, even though throughout history socialism has never worked (except to help dictators become dictators). It’s called Keynesian economics and it teaches that spending is good – even when you have nothing to spend. Nowadays, most young folks have been brainwashed with this destructive idiocy by corrupt and stupid schools and politicians.

THANK GOD THE editorial about giving thanks mentioned the thanks go to God and not to other people. Alas, a story about psychologists claims giving thanks to humans is what’s important and it never mentions God. Where are we headed?

BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES wish to appeal to Hispanics, so career politicians like Newt Gingrich come out for giving amnesty (he calls it something else) to people who have broken our immigration laws for decades. Surely, the legal immigrants are sick and tired of hearing about helping people who didn’t pay.

CPO Mike K
CPO Mike K 12/05/11 - 11:09 pm
After having a bag of

After having a bag of merchandise stolen from me and returned to Bath and Body Works for a full refund by the thief, mall security informed me that they were not able to do anything about it. In fact there is nothing that they can do about theft at all. Let this be a warning to all shoppers there that you are now an open target for theft and to the thieves out there come on down it is open season. Thank you Augusta Mall for insuring that at least one person will never again shop there.

arealist
arealist 12/06/11 - 04:36 am
#2 - I bet more than 50% of

#2 - I bet more than 50% of it is made in China. We could make it here and it would be a little more expensive and of higher quality but consumers demand cheap, disposable things these days. If everyone committed to buying only American made products for one week our economy would immediately correct itself. Of course Walmart would go out of business but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/06/11 - 07:21 am
Bruno
Bruno 12/06/11 - 07:52 am
bjphysics, it wasn't about

bjphysics, it wasn't about the laughing. Listen to what the soldier said an you may catch a clue about the issue.

Bruno
Bruno 12/06/11 - 07:55 am
People who think Keynesian

People who think Keynesian economics is about spending what you don't have need to read him and not what others say that he said. Go to the source not those referencing and paraphrasing the source.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 08:25 am
The stats that I just saw

The stats that I just saw this week said that....
If you buy from a big box store less than 20% of the $$$ stays in thecommunity---if you buy local (from a local business-restaurant)more than 54% stays in the local community....now think about that the next time you pickup a China product.
The money could go for MORE police...just read the headlines..we durn tooting need more police!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/11 - 08:30 am
SeenIt, I've seen that stat,

SeenIt, I've seen that stat, too. It makes you wonder why we had to give an international company, Costco's, a tax break so they could build here and end up taking not only tax money from the community, but business from local stores who leave the money here. We have such an unthinking leadership at times.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/06/11 - 08:35 am
seenitB4 wrote: . . . just

seenitB4 wrote:

. . . just read the headlines . . . we durn tooting need more police!!

Actually, if more money pops up, I would say it would better be put to use to build more prison space. Every time a crook is sent to prison in Georgia, another inmate must be released early because of the overcrowding situation. Building more prison beds would allow people to stay in prison longer, rather than being released back to terrorize their fellow citizens.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/06/11 - 08:39 am
To ranter # 5, the main thing

To ranter # 5, the main thing you missed was about three-quarters of a pound of slick, glossy advertisements along with about a hundred dollars of coupons.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 08:41 am
Stakeouts & shoot to kill

Stakeouts & shoot to kill orders & you won't need prison space LL...

I don't know why someone would think killing a jerk who is waving a gun in your face is not pc...The Judge didn't hesitate..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 08:43 am
I'm not talking about you

I'm not talking about you LL..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 08:47 am
Do something different this

Do something different this year at Christmas....
Give gift certificates from local businesses..

Restaurants
Hair Salons
Spas
Barber Shops
Lawn Services
LocalShops
Movies
Car Wash
Novelty Stores
Look around your area....even HomeCleaning services.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 08:51 am
This year we will give

This year we will give Bonefish-Chilis-Movie-BassPro-Applebees--

and we ask our family to give us local certificates....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/06/11 - 08:57 am
Hey Seenit I love

Hey Seenit I love Bonefish!!!! A friend of mine says he's had everything on the menu. I like Applebees too! We used to go once a week. There's just sometin' about dem steaks!
Mornin' Y'all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/11 - 09:01 am
LL, I don't think we can

LL, I don't think we can build prisons much larger. It's bankrupting the state from what I've read. That's what the new state commission is studying. Which ones to let go or how to avoid sending them to prison. But maybe we should start just blocking off and fencing in whole areas of the county? One entrance and exit that's controlled by armed guards.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 09:26 am
shrimp are you trying toget

shrimp are you trying toget on my gift list??heheh

I like the saucy shrimp & bang bang shrimp at Bonefish & the cajun martinis at French Market...:)

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 12/06/11 - 09:49 am
To the last ranter, not all

To the last ranter, not all illegal immigrants are hispanic. There are Canadians, English, Jamician, Haitian, Chinese, Indian immigrants here who have been here longer than their visas allowed them to stay. Please be informed before going on an unknowledgeable tirade.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/06/11 - 10:08 am
Approximately 80% are

Approximately 80% are Hispanic. Amnesty would be appealing to that group of voters, which was the ranter's point.

Techfan
Techfan 12/06/11 - 10:52 am
You can be legal and non

You can be legal and non Hispanic, and still get arrested in Alabama.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 12/06/11 - 11:00 am
Didn't click the link related

Didn't click the link related to the Tomb of the Unknowns. (I rarely click ANY link) but I can tell you after having been there during the changing of the guard, not only is there no laughing,. there is no sitting, nor is any irreverent behavior tolerated.
And this is how it should remain.....

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/06/11 - 11:10 am
"You can be legal and non

"You can be legal and non Hispanic, and still get arrested in Alabama.". Yes, removing your "Geaux Tigers" bumper sticker would be a wise move.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/06/11 - 11:13 am
CPO Mike k "After having a

CPO Mike k "After having a bag of merchandise stolen from me and returned to Bath and Body Works for a full refund by the thief, mall security informed me that they were not able to do anything about it. In fact there is nothing that they can do about theft at all"

Mike, question, did you have your receipt in your pocket or in the merchandise bag? If it was in the bag, nothing can be done. There is no proof the merchandise was yours. If you had the receipt in your possession then you could have proven that the merchandise was originally ours. This time of year we all need to be extra observant. Did you happen to leave the package unattended or were you in possession of it at all times. If you are sitting in the food court, if possible, place the package in a chair next to you and push the chair up to the table or place the package between your feet. Do not leave it sitting beside your chair on the floor...too easy to walk by, pick up package and you aren't aware of it until you get ready to leave. Officer's are not miracle workers and there is only so much they can do. You can file a report but most times your merchandise/property is gone and there is nothing they can do about it. Sorry man.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/06/11 - 11:27 am
Hey, Techfan, I don't know

Hey, Techfan, I don't know how to navigate on YouTube, but perhaps seenitB4 will search and post the link to "There Ain't No Good Chain Gangs" as sung by Johnny Cash. It would be good background music to your 9:52 post.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 11:36 am

Here it is LL.....you know more about posting/computers than you let on...heheheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 11:37 am
Gotta go.....seeya in the

Gotta go.....seeya in the pm..:)

happychimer
happychimer 12/06/11 - 11:37 am
Little Lamb you can put that

Little Lamb you can put that phrase,There Ain't No Good Chain Gangs, in the search bar on youtube and find it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/06/11 - 11:56 am
Thanks, Happy. And thanks

Thanks, Happy. And thanks for calling last night!

happychimer
happychimer 12/06/11 - 12:09 pm
You are very welcome. I hope

You are very welcome. I hope it is good news. Let me know how it goes.

harley_52
harley_52 12/06/11 - 12:54 pm
Prisons are full and

Prisons are full and expensive because society has chosen to make it a pleasant and rewarding place to reside and those kinds of places are expensive to build and maintain.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/06/11 - 01:52 pm
I hope I am on SB4's

I hope I am on SB4's Christmas list.