Rants & Raves

WHY WON’T The Augusta Chronicle consider making the Word Salsa and the Scrabble bigger so seniors like me would be able to read it?

NCAA BASKETBALL: Finally something good to watch on TV!

IT IS TIME FOR the principals of the underperforming high schools in Richmond County to stop threatening their faculty with dismissal. It is time for the principals to lead and not to dictate.

WHY IS THE news media still covering the circus formerly known as Occupy Wall Street?

IN RESPONSE TO the gun hypocrisy rant: The problem isn’t the guns but the lack of parental supervision and responsibility. I grew up with guns and was taught the proper way to handle them and myself. Stop blaming the guns. It’s the parents!!!

THE TWO DUMPSTERS near the Peach Orchard Post office branch continue to put off a really atrocious scent. It’s a shame that south Augusta has no voice anymore in the community since the days of Mayor Sconyers. It’s a sad day. No wonder we have lost so many good residents.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE for the Family Y to get some security?

MR. CAIN, it looks like the people are out to get you. My husband and I thought about voting for you, but we feel sorry for you. We think the best thing for you and your family is to go home and sit on the porch. You don’t need all this aggravation.

TO THE PERSON who found my $45 in the Walmart in North Augusta, I wish you had been honest enough to turn it in to the service desk. Maybe if you read this, you will do the right thing and turn in my money.

I’M SUPPORTIVE OF Cain. These women that have come forward are bogus. Where are Sharpton and Jackson on this?

ARE THEY GOING to build another What-A-Burger on Broad Street or anywhere? I really enjoyed it.

Comments from our readers.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/21/11 - 08:13 pm
Burger King...haha. Too

Burger King...haha. Too funny.

happychimer
happychimer 11/21/11 - 08:49 pm
I like Burger King

I like Burger King burgers.Checkers is good too. The best ones are homemade on the charcoal grill.

happychimer
happychimer 11/21/11 - 08:51 pm
What's so funny about Burger

What's so funny about Burger King? They are not expensive enough for you?

allhans
allhans 11/21/11 - 09:25 pm
The Sports Center that is

The Sports Center that is owned by Sandy and Bill has fresh made while you watch hamburgers. Second best to me is Village Deli. Scrumptious.

Vito45
Vito45 11/21/11 - 09:29 pm
Harley, it isn't called

Harley, it isn't called Riverfront, Riverfront is next door to the gentleman's club across the street. I was told that both establishments were owned by the same person and had the same food, or at least used the same same supplier of meat and buns; but the only one I've ever frequented is the one next to Luigi's. Based on that I was led to believe the hamburgers were the same at both places.

harley_52
harley_52 11/21/11 - 10:15 pm
Vito45 said "Harley, it isn't

Vito45 said "Harley, it isn't called Riverfront, Riverfront is next door to the gentleman's club across the street."

You mean the place with the snake lady? Not that I've ever been there, mind you, just what I heard.

daphne3520
daphne3520 11/22/11 - 12:25 pm
WHAT do "burgers," have to do

WHAT do "burgers," have to do with Rants and Raves?

allhans
allhans 11/22/11 - 12:40 pm
Because the pros and cons of

Because the pros and cons of good hamburgers are important to us hamburger lovers.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 11/22/11 - 12:48 pm
"ONE CAN ONLY question the

"ONE CAN ONLY question the intelligence, moral compass and sanity of anyone who will vilify someone of Herman Cain’s caliber (i.e., a man with a work ethic, common sense and a valid birth certificate), yet willingly follow and glorify an individual with ambiguous, questionable beliefs and a totally mysterious background, who seems to be hell-bent on destroying a great nation. I don’t get it."

Why would one need to vilify Cain when he does a great job on his own:

The GOP front-runner was criticized this spring when he said he wouldn't feel 'comfortable' appointing Muslims to Cabinet should he be elected President
BY Aliyah Shahid
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, November 22 2011, 10:17 AM

Haraz N. Ghanbari/APRepublican presidential candidate Herman Cain was diagnosed in 2006 with Stage IV colon cancer. He is cancer-free today. Take our PollGod-fearing Cain
What do you think about the Republican's latest remarks?

What's the big deal? He's speaking his mind.
What a terrible thing to say. He should be ashamed.
I don't know.

Herman Cain prefers a God-fearing doctor... apparently, so long as that God is not called Allah.

The Republican presidential candidate -- who has come under the microscope for remarks about Muslims before -- shared a story with a crowd at a Christian-themed amusement park about a time several years ago when he was being treated for colon cancer.

One physician was named Dr. Abdallah, which he thought "sounded too foreign."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said ‘That sounds foreign’ -- not that I had anything against foreign doctors -- but it sounded too foreign," the Republican presidential candidate told the audience at Orlando's Holy Land Experience over the weekend.

But the assistant quickly calmed his fears, he said, as first reported by Yahoo News.

She told the pizza business magnate and devout Baptist that Dr. Abdallah was from Lebanon.

“’Oh Lebanon!’” Cain said. “My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine. She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.’"

"Hallelujah!" Cain said he replied. "Thank God!"

The GOP front-runner was criticized this spring when he said he wouldn't feel "comfortable" appointing Muslims to Cabinet should he be elected President. He later backtracked, insisting he was talking about extremists.

Cain, 66, has previously discussed his battle against Stage IV colon cancer on the campaign trail. He was diagnosed in 2006 and now says he's cancer free.

In the "great melting pot" nation that we live in, I find it hard to believe a person whose relatvies werer treated like crap for years, has the ease to show prejudice to anthoer group of people and think its ok to run for president. Clearly, this man does not think very well.......

Vito45
Vito45 11/22/11 - 01:23 pm
And we are looking for the

And we are looking for the best one in town to Rave about.