Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RAVE FOR THE lady who works in the paint department at the Depot in Aiken. She was very nice, helpful and kind. She went out of her way to help me.

ALL OF THESE PEOPLE on food stamps and welfare ought to be drug tested. If they are found with drugs in their system, cut them off.

WALMART NEEDS to watch out. Here comes Costco.

THE WAFFLE HOUSE on Peach Orchard Road needs to ban baggy pants. You ought to have a family-oriented restaurant. You can’t have that with people with their britches down to their you-know-what.

TO THE SMOKERS in Augusta who are protesting the possible law of no smoking in public places: There are entire states with this law already in effect: Arizona, California, Maryland, New York and Ohio, to name a few; there are more. You better pray this law doesn’t go statewide.

ANIMAL OWNERS need to be aware of any foods, meds, treats, hygiene products and other items that they purchase. I recently purchased a product for promoting fresh breath and healthy gums for my doggy. The back of the package listed the ingredients, company and location of business which distributed the product and that the company was American-owned. Before opening the package I noticed in very small writing “Made in China.” The product was returned and I stated my views on the company’s Web site. Absolutely no way would I give this to my beloved pet. An example of a company located in the United States but their product made in another country. What a shame.

A RAVE FOR THE young woman who bought my husband and me breakfast on Oct. 26 at the VA Hospital on Wrightsboro Road. I just want to thank her for being so sweet.

TO THE MOTHER who said her child comes home from Glenn Hills Elementary School with a headache. I have kids who go there in second-, third- and fourth grade, and I volunteer. I have to talk to unruly kids on a daily basis.

I SAY THANK GOD for radio station WDRR-FM (93.9), which plays music instead of talk, talk, talk. I’m so sick of Billy Bob and all of the rest of those clowns who have nothing to do but spew putrid stuff for four hours every morning.

TheArmyWife
TheArmyWife 11/14/11 - 08:39 pm
I agree with #2, if my

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 11/14/11 - 10:52 pm
Yes - many of those "freebee"

Yes - many of those "freebee" recipients are laughing all the way to the bank and the car dealers. Why is it so difficult to establish a system where these people have to abide by a law and prove they are worthy of receiving aid from us taxpayers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 07:57 am
Pants on the ground in a

Pants on the ground in a waffle house....uuuugh...yeh ...that could ruin the appetite...just thinking about it messes with mine.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/15/11 - 09:01 am
Drug test them and make them

Drug test them and make them show up every day to pick up their brooms, rakes, trash pick up bags, leaf blowers, etc. and put them to work. We should not have any shortage of public servants because we are already paying a bunch of them and providing good healthcare benefits too. We should be getting a lot of work done for the money we spend. We are so stupid. Fact is that if you offer to pay people to stay at home and not work there are plenty that will take you up on it. And the people at the welfare office don't care. The more they sign up, the more employees they need. The more employees, the more supervisor positions. The more supervisor positions, the higher the salaries for the director and deputy director. It's a self feeding process that's eating the taxpayers alive. Welfare, along with jails, should both be places where nobody wants to be. We have made both places too comfortable.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 11/15/11 - 09:08 am
Not really an R&R, but a

Not really an R&R, but a buddy in the Corps sent me a link about how Justin Timberlake did at the Marine Corps Ball. I've always considered the boy band member pretty much a tool. I was wrong. He did show up, suitably dressed for his date with the corporal who invited him over the net. He was on time, sans huge entourage, and actually behaved quite respectably towards the service members. To my surprise, he responded appropriately when the national anthem was played. (Which is something the Commander-in-Chief and First Heifer cannot bring themselves to learn.)

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 11/15/11 - 09:13 am
dstewartsr, thank you for the

dstewartsr, thank you for the laugh this morning.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:15 am
Headlines in the AJC... $1

Headlines in the AJC...
$1 Billion project adds little ...no traffic relief...

So now Gov.Deal is re-thinking the toll lanes for Atlanta....people are tired of the nickle & dime cost of EVERYTHING......this will be interesting because what happens here will probably play out all over the state.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:18 am
Hehehheh....stewart can be

Hehehheh....stewart can be funny...:)

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 11/15/11 - 01:14 pm
Good Morning seenit! Another

Good Morning seenit! Another gorgeous day!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:26 am
Also on front page..... City

Also on front page.....
City targets AWOL employees...
It seems the Atlanta dept. of Public Works has a problem with employees showing up for work.....on any given day only 3 out of 5 come to work....this makes more hiring necessary & more overtime....at least $1.3million in overtime...SAY WHAT?????
Can you see why illegals get so many jobs in the area???

The article goes on to say that most don't show up after paydays ...
Houston we have a problem.....FIRE THEM!

allhans
allhans 11/15/11 - 09:26 am
You are surprised about

You are surprised about sagging pants in a restaurant on Peach orchard Rd? You must not get out much.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:32 am
Yes WB it is...& a bright

Yes WB it is...& a bright good am to all..

GOB is still working on his project so I'm walking on egg shells right now...it is a good dang thing we don't have a bunch of kiddies & have to buy Christmas gifts he would have to assemble....:)
He did say one year at Christmas he put stuff together & the wheels felloff the next day....of course he had been drinking eggnog with Billy Ray during the night...yeehaw!!! (True story)

allhans
allhans 11/15/11 - 09:39 am

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:39 am
When GOB & Billy Ray lived in

When GOB & Billy Ray lived in Evans they would barbecue outside & play good ole country music REAL LOUD....& drink....:)
Good thing the neighbors liked country cause they could hear it for blocks-blocks.....Ole CharliePride & Patsy Cline stirring up the neighborhood at ole Ga.Hereford Farm......good times & good drinks with country folks!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:45 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 09:58 am
I'm beginning to think DWTS

I'm beginning to think DWTS needs a change with the JUDGES...they are showing favorites & really show their dislike for Maks....I think he is an asset to the show & a dang good dancer...
To criticize him for smiling is a little too much....we need new judges imo.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/15/11 - 12:47 pm
seenitB4, got a laugh at the

seenitB4, got a laugh at the cartoon but then scanned for other stories. Wish I hadn't now. What a disgusting man Sandusky is. His explanation for what the graduate assistant saw (sodomy), he described as "horseplay"......I say horse-hockey!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/11 - 03:24 pm
I agree ICL...his insanity

I agree ICL...his insanity went on for too long...:(

corgimom
corgimom 11/15/11 - 07:37 pm
"I agree with #2, if my

"I agree with #2, if my husband was found with illegal drugs in his system the Army would get rid of him."

Not true- if a soldier is found with illegal drugs in their system, they are offered rehab. It costs thousands and thousands of dollars to train a soldier, and they have to offer people a chance to rehab. Nasty thing called due process, you know.

Drug abuse is a huge problem in the military, and it's been that way for over 40 years.

BamaMan