Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

$5,000, gold brick taken in burglary

An Augusta man had $5,000 and a gold brick stolen from his house.

Anthony Benard Sulli­van, of the 1200 block of Hol­ley Street, said the back door of his home was forced open and the inside ransacked, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s report.

A trunk he said was full of clothes, shoes and his father’s gold brick mason card with “Wilson Sullivan” inscribed on it was empty.

He said the total value of the stolen items was about $6,000.

Sullivan said the burglary happened between Mon­day afternoon and 4 p.m. Friday.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:16 am
Ummmm, someone knew that gold

Ummmm, someone knew that gold brick was in there to state the obvious.

If the value of gold goes any higher, those mines in Lincoln County may have to reopen. I don't believe I'd drive to Alaska to mine for gold, but I might make it to Lincoln County.

Let's some of us get together and start gold mining. I've learned how to do it watching those out of work guys on TV who went to Alaska. Dig, wash, shake, get in a few fights. Easy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 07:19 am
I was told yesterday that the

I was told yesterday that the AC didn't have room to put all the breakins/robberies on their pages ...so I wonder how does some make the paper?? Why not just list as they happen & give CSRA a big picture.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/12/11 - 01:09 pm
I'd like to know too

I'd like to know too seenit...I've had way more than that stolen from my house and I don't even know if it showed up on the crime map. The people responsible never showed up in the paper either.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/11 - 01:20 pm
Could it be some crimes are

Could it be some crimes are not reported to the media or do you think the media chooses not to report some crimes. I think the former.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/12/11 - 04:44 pm
Citizens are informed of less

Citizens are informed of less than 10% of all crimes committed. Some crimes aren't even reported:o(

This leads some criminals to think that they can always keep getting away with it.

If we nip it in the bud when it's SMALL time crime we won't have to loose as many of our patrol officers to Big time crime.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/12/11 - 04:51 pm
Well a good headline for mine

Well a good headline for mine would've been...'Ladies door kicked in for the 100th time'

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/12/11 - 05:45 pm
I saw the stack of

I saw the stack of miscellaneous reports when I was working for a certain neighborhood association and was sent to look them over. There is no way any newspaper could keep up with all those reports that occur on a daily basis in Augusta. There are too many. Whomever the AC has pick them out, just has to pick a sampling of them.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/12/11 - 08:09 pm
Autumn....I guess our posts

Autumn....I guess our posts about not reporting every single burglary got someone's attention at the Chronicle. All the top headlines now are on burglaries.

Summer demands blood donations

Even as blood donations dry up during the summer months, Grovetown resident Donna Morrow finds the time to give a little bit of herself to the community she lives in.