Rants & Raves

A RAVE FOR Ruthie at the Kroger on Wrightsboro Road. I am an extreme couponer in training. I have been in line a watched these people and know how aggravating it is to wait in line while these people do so many transactions to save. She was so patient and very helpful.

PARENTS WITH children in middle and high school. When your child was in elementary school you always came to have lunch with your child, help in the classroom, volunteered for field trips, class celebrations, and PTO. You were able to meet your child’s friends and their parents. Now that they are in the upper grades they still have these activities but you have stopped coming.
Of course having lunch is “not cool” but you can still volunteer for field trips and sign up for PTO. You should get to know who your child is in class with and get to know their parents. It shouldn’t stop when they turn 10.

TO THE LONE gentleman in the UPS uniform who stopped to check on me after I hit a deer in Evans, THANK YOU!

I truly appreciate you stopping and not only asking if I was hurt but ensuring that I had a working cell phone. It is rare these days to see people stop for others. God bless you for your kindness, your actions meant a lot to me.

TO THE PERSON Who wants to stop doing Halloween: Don’t let the thief get the best of you. Just only have the item out when you absolutely can keep an eye on it so that you and the little kids can still enjoy the fun.

SO TEENS ARE supposed to get to trick-or-treat at will? Let them do it under supervised and approved places only but kids are the ones that most people treat to candies and other things.

PLEASE DON‘T BE intimidated by the rants on the size of the newspaper. I have been reading The Chronicle for over 50 years, and I love it. It is just right; my arms don’t have to open as wide.

THE PHONY CAIN story allows the socialist media to grab attention by screaming “sex,” and at the same time fills headlines that could be filled with the real news of corruption in government.

THE U.S. AND world economies are in the ditch, so Obama spends another million dollars or so to fly to a posh vacation land. Notice none of Obama’s expensive trips – no other kind – are ever to a quiet basement where he can actually do some work.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 05:21 am
Good

Good morning-goodmorning.....yesterday I saw the most beautiful trees/leaves this fall season....& I thought...at least this is free & it is just out of sight beautiful...we hear sooo much negative news on tv everyday & it really gets old....too bad because I really think people were happier when we didn't have 24/7 news coverage...BINGO!!
That's the answer to fix the economy....only positive news for awhile....people shop/cook/travel/dineout when they are happy.....so today I'm going to explore that feeling..:)

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 05:34 am
Hey Seenit. You sound so

Hey Seenit. You sound so happy today, you need to smoke a cigarette or something.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 05:46 am
River...heheh...I don't

River...heheh...I don't smoke.......but I do drink martinis..:)

You know sometimes things just fall into place......you get a check out of nowhere----a construction job goes well----compliments-----hubby is "extra" nice.....your children say they appreciate you----wow-
A good nights sleep works wonders too!

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 05:53 am
I worry when I feel extra

I worry when I feel extra good like that. I must be a pessimist or something. The other day I had a good night's sleep, felt wonderful and wise. I went to work and felt like being so nice to everyone. I was so confident and friendly that I consciously made myself reel it in. I figured there would be some kind of rebound. Pessimist.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 05:55 am
I don't smoke either, but you

I don't smoke either, but you know in all the movies...the after seen, SeenIt.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 05:59 am
Here's me fulfilling my duty

Here's me fulfilling my duty to submit a real rant and rave now and then.

Concerning Penn State, when you have an 84 year old in charge of any organization, people are going to take advantage of the situation. There's a reason people should retire.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 06:09 am
but you know in all the

but you know in all the movies...the after seen, SeenIt.....hehehh
I gotcha river....:)

You are right about the 84 years old.......he needed to retire...I'm sure he meant well BUT the ole mind couldn't keep up.
Sad that so many didn't stepup..

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 06:13 am
You are making me think of

You are making me think of Scarlett & the after scene of Rhett carrying her up the stairs....
Mammy said ....You sure are happy this morning Miz Scarlett..:)

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 06:18 am
Geez, will we ever forget

Geez, will we ever forget Gone With the Wind? Nope, it's our Bible. Yankees even get a slight feel for what it's like to be a Southernor from that book. Still I wouldn't trust them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 06:32 am

This scene made me fall in love with Rhett...what a man..(swoon)
Read between the lines ...:)

Ya gotta watch the yankees......once they come South, they never want to go back home ....

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 06:37 am
Columbia County's Republican

Columbia County's Republican Party has made a Yankee from Minnesota its chairman. I don't know about trusting a Yankee that way. He should be sent to indoctrination training first, observed for a decade and made to take a loyalty oath before we tell him any of our secrets. Those from border states moving here can be trusted earlier..maybe after a year or so. They couldn't help it that their states got overrun.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 06:47 am
Yeah, Rhett was the obvious

Yeah, Rhett was the obvious "man," but that wimpy Ashley Wilkes was in the picture. He actually wanted to leave his plantation in Georgia and move up north after the war. What a passive loser he was.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 06:59 am
I just looked up the 10

I just looked up the 10 reasons GWTW was a great movie---CASTING was (in my mind) the #1 reason--perfect casting.

Has there ever been a leading couple as right for the parts they were playing as Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind? Talk about perfect casting! I read the novel before I saw the film and I remember, all those years ago, marveling at how well Gable and Leigh fit my vision of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara. It wasn’t just that they looked like Margaret Mitchell’s characters, they fully embodied them. Clark Gable was so much the public’s idea of Rhett Butler that they unanimously demanded to have him cast. The choice of British Vivien Leigh caused quite a disturbance amongst the Hollywood gossip columnists, but any qualms disappeared when the film premiered and everyone got a glimpse of Gable and Leigh’s on-screen chemistry. So spot-on was the casting of the two leads that it remains nearly impossible to imagine anyone else playing the roles. The film also boasts great performances by Olivia DeHavilland and Hattie McDaniel, who became the first African American to win an Oscar for her performance as Mammy.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:08 am
Viven Leigh was deliciously

Viven Leigh was deliciously evil as Scarlett. I had seen the movie before I read the book, but I enjoyed the book immensely. I was in the Army and had just been sent to a remote place overseas and had brought the huge paperback book with me for some reason.

I had jet lag, was a little hungover, didn't know anyone, felt like a newbie and was kind of down with nothing to do. But I started to read the book straight through and it rejuvenated me immensely. Being from the South, you can relate and the love relationships are timeless for all of us. We all have Scarlett's and Rhett's in our past.

msgret92
msgret92 11/12/11 - 07:09 am
RM1 it's not nice to talk

RM1 it's not nice to talk about BS and his RHINO's you might get ask to take your post down.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:15 am
Yeah, our leader does have a

Yeah, our leader does have a habit of asking people to remove comments. He doesn't understand down South telling people to do things like that can get you in a duel or something.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 07:16 am
Come to think of it...Liz

Come to think of it...Liz Taylor & Richard Burton were perfect for Cleopatra....another on/off love story......probably her greatest love.
Just goes to show though.....money can't buy happiness..money couldn't buy health for Steve Jobs either....I just bought his book & hope to read some of it today.....amazing that some who endured poor childhoods or loveless beginnings actually turn out to be the most productive citizens in our world.....
So look up if you are going through a rough spot.......it could be the making of a billionaire.
Look at Dolly Partons life....for instance.

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:18 am
Ha...just realized those who

Ha...just realized those who were dueling in the Columbia County Republican Party are both Yankees. But one has been here long enough to be indoctrinated, has signed the loyalty oath and eats grits without cream and sugar. Yuk.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 07:19 am
We have been known to have

We have been known to have posts go bye-bye B4...:)

Some were lost in never-never land....& I didn't even cuss in it!

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:22 am
SeenIt, those who had a rough

SeenIt, those who had a rough start in life and made it are many. It gives you drive to overcome. I'll just say I had an early life no one would believe. Absolutely,unreal. Made me much more aware of things than those who simply grew up happy and wealthy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 07:23 am
Speaking of grits.....gotta

Speaking of grits.....gotta have some...with cheese (don't have shrimp this am)..
Where are the posters this am...will I have to play some boogie-woogie???

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/11 - 07:28 am

Don't say I didn't warn you---wake up music....ya know river & I can't entertain ALL DAY on here....even though we might try...gotta go for a spell----grits time!!!

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 07:30 am
You don't have to get fancy

You don't have to get fancy with grits...you can just pour used motor oil or anything on it.

msgret92
msgret92 11/12/11 - 07:39 am
Grits are like steak, if

Grits are like steak, if they're fixed right you don't need to disguise them.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/12/11 - 08:00 am
Grits with cream and sugar,

Grits with cream and sugar, YUK! What happen to just butter and a side order of eggs and bacon.

painfully honest
painfully honest 11/12/11 - 09:17 am
This is directed to the last

This is directed to the last two "Ranters." First of all, the Herman Cain story is just that, a story. The media today is all about putting something out there that will capture the reader's attention. Did Cain do it? Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. Only he and those women know the truth. Reguardless, you guys should get used to the media and their accusations. Obama had to contend with being a Muslim, the "birther" issue, and now being a socialist. Most of this foolishness is a direct result of the media. Yes they are immoral, but they don't seem to be biased at all.

Second, why is it that whenever the president goes somewhere you guys complain. Do you really believe that he is not working reguardless to where he is. Some of you have never been anywhere except Augusta and don't understand that the rest of the world moving forward. I really wish you would stop trying to apply the small-town mentality to federal politics. President Obama is the president of this whole country. Last time I checked, Hawaii was still a part of this country. He is also the leader of the free world. Trust me, no mater where he is, there is always something that he's working on.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 11/12/11 - 09:31 am
To all the Yankees who've

To all the Yankees who've 'carpetbagged' the South, trying thru political correctness to make the entire country in the image of their crime infested, boarded up, entitlement dependent cities and states left up North;

And to all the McCain/Romney RINO's who believe fiscal conservative folks really are just a bunch of 'teabaggers',

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 11/12/11 - 11:05 am
River and seenit, hold up on

River and seenit, hold up on the Scarlett talk and wait for me. Out this a. m. iPhones too much work!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 11/12/11 - 11:09 am
Painfully, yes, you are

Painfully, yes, you are correct, he is, of all 57 states! LOL

Riverman1 11/12/11 - 12:23 pm
What's this new ad that pops

What's this new ad that pops up blocking the menu bar? You can't close it like others. Frustrating.