Rants & Raves

A RANT ABOUT all of the people cutting in the long line of traffic waiting to get into the Columbia Coun­ty Fair, especially the woman driving the Jeep with an educator tag. She tried to run a car into another lane just so she could cut into line after all of us had waited for an hour. There were a lot of people who were very rude.

WHAT HAPPENED to News 54 at 10 p.m.? Why do we have different people on there? I would like to see the same local folks back on there.

HOW CAN ANYONE not see the hypocrisy of a portion of our society that believes guns in the home are a good idea but seems surprised when 10- and 11-year-old kids emulate this belief?

A RANT FOR THE pathetic coverage of what may be the best high school football game in a long time in the CSRA. Thom­son and Burke Coun­ty have gotten no respect all year long.

CLEARLY THERE IS A major felony afoot with Solyndra, so it’s being checked by a committee that includes Rep. John Barrow. How will Barrow handle this thing? Or will he sit mum?

A RANT TO UGA football: The three adults(?) should be dismissed from the team. They knew what they were doing. There is no more accountability.

WHY CAN THE city of Augusta damage wetlands, but as a private landowner I can’t do anything on my own property?

RANT TO THE Rich­mond County sheriff’s deputy on a motorcycle who sat on his bike at the light on Robert C. Daniel and Walton Way Extension on Thursday morning and spat disgusting brown stuff repeatedly in the direction of my car during the length of the light. I am just glad that my grandchildren weren’t in the car to see the “nice policeman” spit over and over again.

THANK YOU TO the Evans Walmart store associate named Harold. He took time to help me locate a certain vegetable I was looking for.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/08/11 - 03:22 am
"A RANT FOR the reckless

"A RANT FOR the reckless wrecker driver who was carrying an old red ambulance up Wrights­boro Road last week. How could you be so careless?"

Now I'll admit I've felt kind of stupid all week but I have absolutely no idea what on earth this ranter is trying to say. Carrying an old red ambulance? What does that mean?
Can anyone help?

carcraft
carcraft 11/08/11 - 06:50 am
I have had guns in my home

I have had guns in my home and the whole time my children were growing up never once did they use a firearm in an unsafe manner. They were taught how, why and where to carry, operate and use firearm. There that wasn't hard was it. Where I grew almost eery home had fire arms and there was never any problem, why? Because parrents spent time teaching children!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 06:57 am
shrimp....I think the wrecker

shrimp....I think the wrecker was pulling an old ambulance in a way that made it dangerous for other cars...(I think)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 07:00 am
Nice trick or treaters in

Nice trick or treaters in South Augusta...of course...;);)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/08/11 - 07:10 am
Oh I see! They were TOWING an

Oh I see! They were TOWING an old red ambulance.
Carrying. lol

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 11/08/11 - 08:20 am
What kind of doofus equates

What kind of doofus equates guns in one's home with an 11-year old junior grade thug carrying one in public and threatening people?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 11/08/11 - 08:28 am
Re rant #6: I received an

Re rant #6:

I received an update e-mail from my representative, and there was no mention of Solyndra. I'm guessing between the minor chord coverage by the lamestream (Imagine the 24/7 manufactured outrage if GW had poured that kind of taxpayer money into a shady company!) media and the 'don't rock the boat' attitude of our duly elected RINO's this will peter out in several elections cycles with some non-admission of guilt (Mistakes were made...) and a miniscule fine. Which will be tax deductable, voiding any actual recovery or company losses.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 11/08/11 - 09:53 am
Ok AC...the dude hawking

Ok AC...the dude hawking tickets for the the cooking show is ANNOYING!!!! ( and I have him mute!)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 10:06 am
wonders...I agree 100%...also

wonders...I agree 100%...also where did part of the discussion page go???...never-never land maybe...bring it back please.

In local news ...the occupy Atlanta crowd has occupied a foreclosed home in Snellville Ga...or"some"of the crowd....it seems the couple had paid their mortgage but a con artist promised them a better deal with lower payments & actually cheated them out of their home......so much crap is going on right now about mortgages that gullible people are taken for a ride...
Many older folks are caught up in this madness too....what has happened to honesty-common decency.....it is sad.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 10:08 am
The occupy group are trying

The occupy group are trying toput the spotlight on the family about to be evicted.

allhans
allhans 11/08/11 - 10:29 am
seenit..No lawyer to

seenit..No lawyer to represent the homeowner? Strange .

etlinks
21929
etlinks 11/08/11 - 10:40 am
What wondersnevercease

What wondersnevercease posted. Very irritating to watch someone jumping around in the background while I'm trying to read.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 10:42 am
Strange situation

Strange situation allhans....the house is now worth less than when bought ...A judge won't stop the eviction the paper says..btw the owner is a Dekalb policeman...they asked occupy to get involved...there are sooo many foreclosed homes on the market now that they are passed on w/o thorough investigating.....it still remains in the court system..The value of many homes have plummeted because of foreclosures.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/08/11 - 10:48 am
Columbia County had a wine

Columbia County had a wine tasting Saturday. It doesn't take much wine to get someone over the limit for a DUI. Someone thought I was joking when I asked about swallowing. It's very much an accepted practice to not swallow at such events. I posted a link with a picture of one such non-swallowing event that's held up in the queue. It's foolish to think someone has to drink ten different wines. He can taste them all, but only drink one glass is the point.

DUI is a serious matter and I hope those who organize these events consider such a method in the future.

iLove
iLove 11/08/11 - 10:59 am
"THIS IS A RAVE for the

"THIS IS A RAVE for the trick-or-treaters in south Augusta. We hear so much about children with bad behavior. I live in south Augusta, and on Halloween there were about 25-30 children that visited my home. What a joy. Each one thanked me. Such an uplifting experience."

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/08/11 - 11:14 am
Funny River, I went on a wine

Funny River, I went on a wine tasting tour in North Ga Sunday. 10 glasses. I didn't spit. But, we were on a bus. So I wasn't driving.

Tots
Tots 11/08/11 - 11:32 am
"THIS IS A RAVE for the

"THIS IS A RAVE for the trick-or-treaters in south Augusta. I also live in South Augusta and not only were the children very polite, but the parents were also..Everybody said thank you ...

Tots
Tots 11/08/11 - 12:06 pm
10 glasses justthefacts;---Oh

10 glasses justthefacts;---Oh my ,i'm glad you weren't driving>>LOL
Riverman@9:48am,thanks for the laughs on the spitting or swallowing at wine tasting events..

happychimer
happychimer 11/08/11 - 11:45 am
The locals at Fox News 54 at

The locals at Fox News 54 at 10 has moved to another channel. They are on at 10pm on channel 23 on comcast.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 11:48 am
Me too tots......we could be

Me too tots......we could be reading about jtf in another section of this paper...

Cain says he will have a press conference soon about the claim he harrassed the 4th woman........the election is a year away..I have a strange feeling we will have these news shots about sex (all candidates) for a solid YEAR!! Anything to keep the real news off the tv...why can't someone say..."I'm not perfect & I refuse to talk about any sex of any kind ." GEEEZ
Here we go again....B Clinton re-lived in black & white....literally.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/08/11 - 12:16 pm
"Guns in the home are a good

"Guns in the home are a good idea" if you're a law abiding citizen, and have been trained in all of the safety aspects, and responsibilities of gun ownership! It's sad to think that we need to rely on weapons for protection, but times like they are right now, and home invasions on the rise, it's better to safe than become a victim.

Chillen
Chillen 11/08/11 - 12:22 pm
Solyndra is a major scandal,

Solyndra is a major scandal, and quite possibly will lead to felony charges.

Obama has already joined the ranks of Jimmy Carter (worst president ever). Soon he will join Richard Nixon. This is the most corrupt administration in my adult lifetime.

Obama's actions that are destroying America almost seem intentional......

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/08/11 - 01:15 pm
"Obama's actions that are

"Obama's actions that are destroying America almost seem intentional......"

They are....that's what his message of "change" meant! History, if there is any, will not be kind to Obama! He and his cohorts have violated their oaths of office by not defending the Constitution, but undermining it. This violation in itself should be enough to bring charges against him and his AG. I won't hold my breath until someone files those charges, though!

carcraft
carcraft 11/08/11 - 01:26 pm
Solyndra and the gun running

Solyndra and the gun running fiasco, and Holder will be preempted by Cain and trumpeted up bimbo charges. The latest bimbo has had two bankruptcies and several suits against her and has worked very little over the last few years and no proof anything happened, to bad Cain's name isn't Clinton!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/08/11 - 01:39 pm
The sickening game of

The sickening game of politics strikes again! The latest accuser had ample time to come forward prior to Cain's running for office. Wonder why she didn't come forward prior to this? Cain is a wealthy person, and she might have captured a few of his dollars, but no, she didn't do that. She waited until Cain is at near peak of his political run to torpedo him! I can't help wondering what she has to gain, but of course, this is politics as usual!

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/08/11 - 01:39 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 01:54 pm

Oh-oh....It seems the so-called terrorist from North Ga mountains was an online blogger....using the names Ahab-Ahab627.....some of the"tough"talk came from his posts....heheh.....just giving ya'll a heads up here...ya never know who is reading this stuff!!!
They just don't know I'm sending my messages through country music songs...:O)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 01:59 pm

My secret message to riverman today---"lights are on"

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/08/11 - 02:07 pm
Gotta go now.....I think the

Gotta go now.....I think the cia are at my front door...!!!

allhans
allhans 11/08/11 - 02:11 pm
The liberals like to say the

The liberals like to say the Republicans have no legitimate candidate for nominee..and as we know the Democrats have one that is even worse. So if they are right, we are up the proverbial s-creek.
But we already knew that.

Democrats target turnout for Sunday voting

Registered voters in Augusta-Richmond County can cast ballots in the Nov. 4 election from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Advance Voting Center at Augusta Municipal Building, 530 Greene St.