Lawyer: Mom accused of killing sons remorseful

ORANGEBURG, S.C. - The attorney for a South Carolina woman accused of suffocating her two young sons and staging an accident to cover it up says she's remorseful and has been speaking with the family minister.
Shaquan Duley appeared briefly before a judge in Orangeburg County court today. The 29-year-old did not enter a plea and the magistrate did not set bail.
About 80 people attended the hearing, including Duley's sister and other family members.
Investigators say Duley suffocated her two young sons after a fight with her own mother, then strapped their bodies into her car and rolled it into a river so it would look like an accident.
Attorney Carl B. Grant says Duley is very remorseful and will likely have a psychiatric evaluation at some point.

cparker
cparker 08/18/10 - 09:06 am
Immorality has no race, no

Immorality has no race, no gender, and no address!!

pommom38
pommom38 08/18/10 - 09:15 am
*Takes deep

*Takes deep breath*
Understand? Open mind? I know he's a defense attorney, but REALLY?? Just when I thought this story could not be any sicker i'm proven wrong! We do know the whole story, a woman killed her young, defenseless, innocent children.
I really feel sorry for the child left behind. She now has to live the rest of her life knowing both her siblings died at the hands of her *mother*, (I use that term with gritted teeth) and her mother is a cold blooded murdurer. I could not fathom living with those thoughts.. She has ruined all of her kids lives and now pray she faces the death penalty.

montega12
montega12 08/18/10 - 09:21 am
couldnt take the pressure of

couldnt take the pressure of parenthood eh!!!!! well gee ever heard of birth control or bother to stop by the store and buy a condom......guess that thug love was just overpowering didnt want it to get in the way of the loving...i hope they stick a needle in your arm

Jillian
Jillian 08/18/10 - 09:31 am
a needle in the arm is far

a needle in the arm is far more kindness than this scumbag deserves. she should be strapped in a car seat and drowned slowly just like those sweet innocent children were. There has to be a special section in hell reserved for people who commit such horrific acts against innocent little children.

Lisa the alaskan
Lisa the alaskan 08/18/10 - 09:46 am
I don't care what the "whole

I don't care what the "whole story" is, there is absolutly no excuse for murdering your children! No matter how broke, jobless or how much your mother berates you there are millions of people who are just praying for little babies, drop your kids off at the local fire station and you're protected under the baby moses law- then you'll be "free". I'm assuming she didn't kill the girl because she was older and would have fought more than the two year old did- I say it was premeditated- she took them to that motel with that intention and I hope, hope, hope she doesn't get off on some insanity plea and gets the death penalty. How can any mother do this?

Aura68
Aura68 08/18/10 - 10:02 am
She deserves no sympathy from

She deserves no sympathy from anyone. Her defense attorney should be ashamed to even make such a foolish statement - "We don't know the whole story". What more do we need to know, two innocent children are dead at the hands of this monster. May the souls of those two children rest in peace, I can only imagine the type of life they probably lived prior to this. Stories like this break my heart.

fontana
fontana 08/18/10 - 11:21 am
I've heard, on the news, some

I've heard, on the news, some people who knew the killer say the "system" is to blame. It's always the system never the killer, and please don't call this woman an animal, animals take care of their youth. It's just another black history moment all over the national and international news that helps make S.C. so famous. Haiti blames the system too, the rubble from a year ago is still in the streets, I guess the system just hasn't got around to pick it up yet.

bdouglas
bdouglas 08/18/10 - 12:18 pm
Title makes it sound like she

Title makes it sound like she killed her sons IN COURT today. Looks like it was just copied and pasted from AP anyway since there are no breaks between paragraphs... ::sigh::

sueboo418
sueboo418 08/18/10 - 04:13 pm
bdouglas what does your

bdouglas what does your comment have to do with the story at hand??

sassygirl352
sassygirl352 08/18/10 - 04:13 pm
Remorseful my foot. The only

Remorseful my foot. The only thing this dummy is remorseful for is, she got caught. How in the world can a mother do that to her own children. It absolutely blows my freakin mind. I hope she pays dearly for what she did to them precious little boys, that God blessed her to have. I hope she never has another one. Heck I am stressed and depressed too, But you don't see me killing my kids.

sueboo418
sueboo418 08/18/10 - 04:16 pm
And unless the title of this

And unless the title of this article changed I did not get the impression at all that she killed them in court, just that she was remorseful ( a little late to be remorseful ya think???).

ispy4u
ispy4u 08/18/10 - 05:05 pm
What in the hell does Black

What in the hell does Black History month have to do with this?@11:21 AM

woodymeister
woodymeister 08/18/10 - 06:02 pm
Cover her fat [filtered word]

Cover her fat [filtered word] in honey and throw her in an antbed - and that still would not be justice.

pommom38
pommom38 08/18/10 - 09:01 pm
It changed sueboo. Originally

It changed sueboo. Originally it stated along the lines of, mother killed two sons in court today.
Of course she will undergo an evaluation later, aren't all mothers who kill their kids insane?? Hogwash!! Fry the woman!

augdowg
augdowg 08/18/10 - 10:03 pm
KILL HER....no more tax

KILL HER....no more tax dollas on her...PLEASE !!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/19/10 - 09:24 am
A little late to feel sorry

A little late to feel sorry now doncha think!

Azziz says size helps GRU compete

Bigger is better, and that is why the consolidation that Georgia Regents University underwent is really part of a larger trend, President Ricardo Azziz said.