Across Georgia

6 families affected by apartment fire


ATLANTA — A space heater might have been the cause of an early morning fire at a Midtown Atlanta apartment complex that displaced at least six families two days before Christmas.

Investigators found marijuana plants growing inside one of the units at the Victory Group Apartments on Peachtree Place.

The Red Cross is assisting eight adults and two children who were displaced by the fire, which was reported about 3 am. Sunday.

Police said the marijuana plants were discovered by emergency personnel making sure everyone was out of the apartments safely.

In other news

THE ARMY CORPS of Engineers will reduce the amount of water that flows out of Lake Lanier at Buford Dam until April 30, a move that allows increased water storage during the drought.



Sat, 01/20/2018 - 21:01

Families enjoy Fun Fest at Futurity