Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:


HOW MANY OF you are going to the inauguration of President Obama in January? Let’s think positive, Democrats. Get out and vote. Don’t be persuaded by these debates. The voting is what counts. The debates can be misleading by the Republicans.

THE GREEK FESTIVAL was wonderful. My grandmother cooked like that. The people are wonderful and food was great.


BIG RAVE TO THE person from Midland Valley Recreation Association Field who turned in my Visa debit card to the concession stand. Thank you so very much. You are a blessing.


IN THE PAST two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation’s history. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 mph and a car rockets past you in the left lane, 27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 mph!


DEFINITION OF chutzpah: Rich Joe Biden talking during the debates about the middle class, as if rich Joe Biden really cared about the middle class.


CHARTER SCHOOLS will supposedly give parents choice out of a failing school. We know mathematically and fiscally 100 percent of the students can’t transfer out. If 20 percent can, what happens to the other 80 percent left behind? Funding for this school will be even less because of the charter school’s drain on the budget. And people don’t understand the opposition?


TO THE RANTER about reducing the speed limit on Lewiston Road: I’d rather have a light at Lewiston and William Few before someone dies.


A RANT FOR THE Department of Transportation. There needs to be a yield sign at the end of the ramp leaving Wheeler Road going toward Wrightsboro Road before somebody gets killed.


A RAVE FOR THOSE who spay or neuter their pets, keep them tagged, collared and microchipped so that should they wander from home the owners can be found.