Applications for The Salvation Army of Greater Augusta’s Christmas Assistance Program will be accepted Oct. 1-5.
The program helps provide Christmas gifts for children 12 and younger. Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
To apply, visit the First Stop Center, 1765 Broad St., from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 4 p.m. Children should not accompany applicants. For more information, call (706) 922-8330.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
• Photo identification for all adults in the household
• Birth certificates for all children in the household
• Social Security cards for everyone in the household
• Proof of income, including food stamps
• Proof of expenses, including any bills paid
• Proof of current address
• Legal custody papers of children who are not the birth children of applicant