An 82-year-old woman was released from Doctors Hospital this afternoon after suffering minor injuries in Tuesday’s fire that gutted Marshall Square retirement community.
Rhetta Cadle was missing for nearly seven hours before firefighters found her in her bathroom in apartment No. 339. Doctors Hospital spokeswoman Lindsay Thetford confirmed her discharge.
The 82-year-old suffered only from smoke inhalation and a sore throat in what Cadle’s son, Wesley Cadle, described as “a miracle.” Immediately after being rescued, the 82-year-old requested a biscuit and a bath.
The fire killed 91-year-old Dorothy Carpenter, a friend of Cadle.