A section of Mike Padgett Highway near the Burke County line will be closed to all traffic Tuesday through Wednesday while crews make repairs to railroad tracks where a train derailed in September.
The closure at mile marker 0.5 in McBean will begin at 8 a.m. Tuesday and is expected to go through 5 p.m. Wednesday. Traffic will be detoured on Hephzibah McBean Road and U.S. Highway 25.
Other closures for the week:
- Closures are in place for a sanitary sewer line installation in the Aumond Drive area. The project began Jan. 23 and is expected to last about one month. During phase one, closures will be on Westminster Drive, off of Aumond and Oxford roads. During the next phase, the intersection of Aumond Road and Westminster Drive will be closed to traffic. Detours are in place for both phases.
- One lane of westbound Bobby Jones Expressway at mile marker 4 will be closed Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- North and southbound outside lanes of Deans Bridge Road between Augusta Tech Drive and Kipling Road will be closed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A single lane at the intersection of Wrightsboro and Belair roads will be closed from Wednesday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
- A single lane will be closed at Bobby Jones Expressway mile marker 16-17 east and west at Laney-Walker Boulevard and Sand Bar Ferry Road from Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for bridge joint maintenance.
- A single lane of Deans Bridge Road from mile marker 19 to 22.2 will be closed Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for curb and gutter maintenance.
- The shoulder of Gordon Highway at mile marker 4-5 will be closed Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for shoulder maintenance.
- One lane of westbound Interstate 20 at mile marker 200 and the Savannah River will be closed Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for concrete repair.