Sulfuric acid spray injures workers



Two ChemTrade employees are being treated for burns after being sprayed with sulfuric acid Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the business on Columbia Nitrogen Road around 10 a.m. in reference to a spill, according to a fire department news release. First responders located two employees who had suffered burns. One employee suffered significant burns and the other less severe injuries.

Both were taken to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital for treatment.

The sulfuric acid, which was contained within a dike system, had no environmental impact, officials said.




Sun, 12/17/2017 - 19:23

Empty Stocking Fund List