Richmond County firefighters rescue trapped animals in house fire on Wayside Drive

 

Firefighters rescued several pets Friday morning from a house fire on Wayside Drive.

Richmond County firefighters were called to 3445 Wayside Drive about 8:30 a.m. The home’s occupants made it safely outside, where they were treated for smoke inhalation. But several pets were still inside. Firefighters rescued three puppies, two cats and three kittens.

Firefighters determined the fire started when someone placed a pile of clothes on top of lit cigarettes that had been left on a mattress.

Smoke damage was contained to one room of the house.

More

Mon, 03/27/2017 - 15:10

ARC to dedicate baseball field to A.L. Williams

The Academy of Richmond County will hold a dedication ceremony Wednesday for its new baseball field.

Read more
Mon, 03/27/2017 - 12:41

New EGSC-Augusta director named