Cigarette blamed in Beech Island fire


The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office has determined that a Beech Island fire that injured a 68-year-old woman Thursday resulted from the careless disregard of a cigarette in a bedroom.

The sheriff’s office conducted an investigation into the fire’s origin at the request of the fire department, according to a news release.

Firefighters were called to a mobile home in the 300 block of Indian Mound Drive about 5:45 p.m.

Theresa Bonner and five dogs were rescued from the residence. Bonner was taken to Doctors Hospital with second- and third-degree burns to 60 percent of her body. She remains in critical condition.

Woman injured in Beech Island blaze


Sat, 01/20/2018 - 21:01

Families enjoy Fun Fest at Futurity