An anonymous donor on Wednesday offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the two men who used a metal bat or pipe to brutally beat a South Carolina couple last weekend at Riverwalk Augusta.
The reward comes five days after Wesley Spires, 27, of Edgefield, S.C., and Ashley Solesbee, 25, of North Augusta, suffered severe facial fractures and head injuries. Spires remains hospitalized in critical condition, while Solesbee has returned home, according to family.
The conditions of the reward are as follows:
• The money will be held by Phillip Scott Hibbard, PC.
• The reward recipient may not be an employee of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.
• If an arrest is made within 60 days, the reward will stay in trust via the law firm until conviction, provided that conviction occurs within 24 months.
• If no conviction occurs within 24 months, the reward is null and void.
• If no arrest is made within 60 days, the reward is null and void.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 821-1080. Callers may remain anonymous.