Official: House fire likely caused by cooking meth



A fire that badly damaged an Augusta home over the weekend likely was caused by someone cooking methamphetamine, according to Augusta-Richmond County Fire Department Lt. Carlton Bradley.

The attic of a home on the 3900 block of Mike Padgett Highway caught fire Saturday morning and caused extensive damage to the residence, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s office incident report.

The property manager for the home gave Bradley the tenant’s name, but the woman said she wasn’t home during the fire.

The blaze, which was reported to authorities Thursday, is still under investigation.




Thu, 11/23/2017 - 17:28

Rants and raves