Augusta visitors are expected to spend at least $1.5 million in April.
About $1.6 million could be generated next month by visitors attending meetings, reunions and other events in Augusta, according to the Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Augusta Sports Council.
The amount does not include spending by visitors in town for the Masters Tournament.
The 2013 Bethel AME Church district conference from April 15-20 is expected to draw 750 visitors to the area and bring in the most revenue at about $404,000.
TOP 5 APRIL EVENTS
• Bethel AME Church district conference, April 15-20, 750 visitors, $404,320 in visitor spending
• Woodman of the World Life Insurance annual state convention, April 18-21, 800 visitors, $349,231 in visitor spending
• Lineage of Champions Icebreaker Invitations, April 5-7, 1080 visitors, $202,160 in visitor spending
• The Salvation Army annual youth councils, April 17-21, 400 visitors, $192,052 in visitor spending
• Augusta Disc Golf Association National Collegiate Disc Golf Championship and Spring Fling, April 3-7, 260 visitors, $121,296 in visitor spending