Pinnacle Foods Group LLC has issued a national recall on several types of Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes. The recall is an allergy alert because the products might contain soy protein.
People who are allergic or sensitive to soy protein could run the risk of having an allergic reaction if they consume the pancakes.
Pinnacle Foods Group declared a voluntary recall after discovering that a product containing soy protein was produced on the same equipment, according to a news release.
The recall applies to Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes in cardboard cartons. The products have a “recommended use by date” between Nov. 1, 2011, and Oct. 16, 2012. Included are the following products, listed with their Universal Product Codes and sizes:
• 19600-05100/Aunt Jemima Pancakes Buttermilk Low Fat 12/14.5 ounce
• 19600-05490/Aunt Jemima Oatmeal Pancakes 12/14.8 ounce
• 19600-05820/Aunt Jemima Pancakes Buttermilk 12/14.8 ounce
• 19600-05910/Aunt Jemima Pancakes Homestyle 12/14.8 ounce
• 19600-05955/Aunt Jemima Confetti Pancakes 12/14.8 ounce
• 19600-06040/Aunt Jemima Whole Grain Pancakes 12/14.5 ounce
People with allergies or severe sensitivity to soy protein should not eat the pancakes and should return them to the store for a refund. The recall applies only to Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes and does not include waffles, french toast, entrees, sandwiches, boxed pancake mixes or syrups, according to the release.
Consumers with questions are asked to call Pinnacle Foods Group at (888) 299-7646.