TUESDAY: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Executive Morning Mixer; 7:30 a.m.; Augusta Museum of History, 560 Reynolds St., Augusta; free for members, $25 for nonmembers, (706) 821-1318.
- AUG. 12: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Chamber Before Hours; 7:30 a.m.; Costco, 825 Alexander Drive, Augusta; $10 for guests; (706) 651-0018
- AUG. 14: Georgia Association of Accountants and Tax Professionals, topic is Affordable Care Act; 8 a.m.; Augusta Metro Federal Credit Union, 205 Davis Road, Augusta; (706) 650-1700
- AUG. 18: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Women In Business luncheon; 11:30 a.m.; Legends Club, 2701 Washington Road, Augusta; $25 for members, $35 for nonmembers; (706) 821-1318
• Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE, a nonprofit volunteer organization, helps with developing business plans or general business problems; (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta and (803) 641-1111 in Aiken
• Business Network International chapter meetings are held weekly across the area. To learn more, visit bni-scga.com for local chapter listings or contact Amy D. Kilpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 364-9872.
• Real estate career seminars; 7 p.m. Tuesdays; 4434 Columbia Road, Suite 204, Martinez; (706) 364-4234
• Free small-business consulting; Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500, Augusta; helps with developing business plans, identifying sources of capital, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies and strategic planning; by appointment; (706) 721-4545