Robert Earl Thompson III was awarded a $500 educational award in a national competition with other students who are members of the Modern Woodmen of America.
Thompson is the son of Robert and Sherry Thompson and plans to use the grant to attend Augusta State University.
He is one of 100 grant winners chosen.
• Army Pvt. Brad O. Harrison recently graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is the son of Bobby Harrison of Augusta and a 2009 graduate of Burke County High School.
• Army Pfc. Dwayne S. Jacobs recently graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is the son of Spencer Rhodes and a 2010 graduate of Lucy Craft Laney High School.
• Army Pfc. Davone D. Reid recently graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He is the grandson of Yvonne M. Reid and a 2002 graduate of Westside High School.
• Whitney Griffin was named to the dean’s list at Tennessee State University for the spring semester.
• The following Richmond County students made the dean’s list for the spring 2012 semester at Georgia College: Kendyl Wade, James Edmondson, Brianna Murphy, Anne Zimmerman, Kelsey Arthur, James Bridgeforth, Frederick Chandler, Joseph Cornelison, Paul Cundey, James Harrison, James McPhail, Joshua Braswell, Lamees Aisami, Charlotte Bailey, Halie Brinkman, Kessler Matheson, Laura Van Tuyll Van Serookerken.
• Toneisha Bush, Amber Lacy and Magan Pilot were named to the dean’s list at Columbia College by maintaining a 3.5 GPA for the spring 2012 semester. Caroline Neely was named to the president’s list for maintaining a 4.0 GPA.
Three Richmond County high school seniors were awarded Jefferson Energy Foundation Scholarships.
DeAndre’ Thomas and Tariq Cannonier, of A.R. Johnson High School, and Brianna Carter, of Hephzibah High School each received the $1,500 merit-based scholarship based on educational accomplishments, community and school involvement, a written essay and a personal interview.