Free computer classes are being offered through the Computers @ First ministry of First Baptist Church of Augusta.
Upcoming classes include:
• File Functions, a class on how to save, find and organize downloaded files, documents or pictures, June 4 from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Social Media for Business, a new course on using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for small business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and professionals, June 4, 11, 18 and 25 from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Photo Story 3.0, a class on transforming digital photos into videos complete with transitions, animation and music, June 8, 15 and 22 from 10 a.m. to noon
• Pics in the Camera, What Next?, a class on downloading, organizing and basic photo editing for digital photos, June 21 and 28 from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Basic Computer Academy, an 8-to-10 week course on Microsoft applications including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer. A wait list for the next available course is now open.
Instructors and teaching assistants are also needed to present classes on topics of their choice. All classes are taught in Room 101 of the Walton Education Building at First Baptist Church, 3550 Walton Way Extension. Register by calling the church office at (706) 733-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.