Man found fatally shot
Aiken County sheriff's deputies said they found a man dead after responding to a shooting report in North Augusta.
Julius Walker, 23, of 535 Samuels St., was pronounced dead at 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton said.
Mr. Carlton said an autopsy showed that Mr. Walker had been shot several times.
Capt. Troy Elwell of the Aiken County Sheriff's Office said investigators were trying to locate Tyrone Serbeler Wade, 23, of the 100 block of Greenland Drive, North Augusta.
The sheriff's office holds warrants on Mr. Wade for discharging a firearm into a dwelling, which occurred at the Samuels Street location Feb. 23.
Anyone with information on Mr. Wade's whereabouts is asked to contact the Aiken County Sheriff's Office: (800) 922-9709. Individuals also should call Crimestoppers of the Midlands: (888) 559-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of between $50 and $1,000.
- A lane on each side of Bobby Jones Expressway between Interstate 20 and Wrightsboro Road will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. today through Friday.
- A lane on each side of I-20 between Warren and Wheeler roads will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. today through Friday.
- Officials will be pacing I-20 between Warren and Wheeler roads, and on Bobby Jones Expressway between Scott Nixon Memorial Drive and Wheeler Road from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
- There will be periodic traffic delays on Laney-Walker Boulevard beginning Tuesday and continuing for three weeks. The delays will occur near R.A. Dent Boulevard as construction crews use cranes to lift large concrete blocks onto Medical College of Georgia's Cancer Treatment Center project site, according to a news release.
- The west end of Old Evans Road will be closed to traffic beginning today from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. The closure will be in place until Friday.