Your home should be a refuge from the stress of work and the world. We suggest you resolve to make your home as comfortable as you can for you and your family. Chances that will improve comfort and possibly appeal to prospective buyers in the future could include:
- Adding comfortable couches and seating
- Using a splash of color here and there with paint, fabric or flooring
- Getting rid of clutter and opening up the space in your home
- Allowing in more natural light and update window treatments
- Organizing closets and storage
- Creating a special place in the garden as a retreat such as a water feature -- the sound of trickling water can be very therapeutic.
Source: Associated Press
MONOPOLY TOURNAMENT: 8:30 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. player check-in, 10 a.m. tournament begins; The Fermata Club, 841 Whiskey Road, Aiken; game will be played using tournament rules; registration required; (803) 215-7630, chuckfoster@bell south.net.
A FESTIVAL SERVICE OF LESSONS AND CAROLS FOR EPIPHANY: 11 a.m.; Reid Memorial Presbyterian; with music by the Chancel Choir, Master's Ringers, children's choirs and chamber orchestra.
ARTRAGEOUS! SUNDAY: 2 p.m., Morris Museum of Art, 1 10th St.; free; (706) 724-7501, themorris.org.