Sept. 11 events
Local services to mark the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks include:
• Service of Remembrance, 6:30 p.m., St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 3551 Wheeler Road. The annual observance includes hymns, responsive readings, prayers, the lighting of candles, and a brief sermon. See st-andrew-augusta.org for more information.
• Patriot’s Day prayer vigil, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., in the Storey Chapel of First Baptist Church of Augusta, 3500 Walton Way Ext. Prayer guides will be provided. See fbcaugusta.org for more information.
Biblical Wisdom seminar
The Episcopal Convent of Saint Helena and St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church will host Rabbi Rami Shapiro for Biblical Wisdom for Post-Biblical Times – Learning to Read the Bible Like a Mystic as part of the Saint Helena Series for Spiritual Growth.
The interactive seminar is Oct. 12 and 13 at St. Augustine’s, and Oct. 14 at Saint Helena. The cost is $135, with a $65 deposit. Additional accommodation at the convent is $60 per night, with meals included.
Shapiro is the author of six books: The Divine Feminine, The Way of Solomon, Ecclesiastes Annotated and Explained, Proverbs Annotated and Explained, and Ethics of the Sages. He writes a spiritual advice column for Spirituality and Health Magazine.
Register at (706) 798-5201 or e-mail email@example.com. See osh.org for more information.
Financial Peace U.
Financial Peace University, the 13-week DVD series developed by Dave Ramsey, begins at three local churches this month. They are:
• Tabernacle Baptist Church, 1223 Laney-Walker Blvd. Classes begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 26. Call (706) 922-1945 for more information or to register.
• Redemption Church, 1124 Broad St. Classes begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 16. Call (706) 877-4743 for more information or to register.
• Abundant Life Worship Center, 2070 Brown Road, Hephzibah. Classes begin at 6 p.m. Sept. 18. Call (706) 592-9221 to register.
The Lutheran Church by the Lake of McCormick, S.C., will host Max Lucado’s simulcast on the subject of grace at 7 p.m. Sept. 16.
The event is free and open to the public. The church is located at 100 Twelve Oaks Drive and U.S. Highway 378, five miles west of McCormick. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.