NEW AND EXPANDED COMPUTERS@FIRST
WHAT: Free computer classes are being offered through the Computers@First ministry of First Baptist Church of Augusta, which has recently expanded with a new, larger computer lab.
THE CLASSES: Upcoming classes include:
• File Functions, a class on how to save, find and organize downloaded files, documents or pictures: June 4, 2 to 4 p.m.
• Social Media for Business, a new course on using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for small business owners, entrepreneurs, nonprofits and professionals: June 4, 11, 18 and 25, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Photo Story 3.0, a class on transforming digital photographs into videos complete with transitions, animation and music: June 8, 15 and 22, 10 a.m. to noon
• Pics in the Camera, What Next?, a class on downloading, organizing and basic photo editing for digital photos, June 21 and 28, 2 to 4 p.m.
• Basic Computer Academy, an 8- to 10-week course on Microsoft applications including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer. A waiting list for the next available course is now open.
THE LAB: Computers for Learning at Fort Gordon donated much of the new computer equipment for the lab, said James West of Computers@First. Contributions from current and past students and church members paid for the rest, allowing the ministry to serve more people in the community.
WHERE: All classes are taught in the Walton Education Building at First Baptist Church, 3550 Walton Way Extension.
LEND A HAND: Instructors and teaching assistants
are needed to present classes on topics of their choice.
LEARN MORE: Register by calling the church’s office at (706) 733-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.