Cross walk

Back | Next
Several hundred people participated in the South Augusta Pastors' Alliance Good Friday Way of the Cross Walk. The group carried crosses From Burns Memorial United Methodist Church to St. Joseph's Catholic Church.  JIM BLAYLOCK/STAFF
JIM BLAYLOCK/STAFF
ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/06/12 - 10:45 pm
Why do they all look so sad?

Why do they all look so sad?

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/06/12 - 10:50 pm
Perhaps they need Hot Cross

Perhaps they need Hot Cross Buns.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/07/12 - 07:36 am
ForeverFrog, it's not sadness

ForeverFrog, it's not sadness on their faces, it's humility.

dfschei
dfschei 04/07/12 - 07:40 am
LOL I've never understood

LOL I've never understood that religion or it's practice.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/07/12 - 09:16 am
Frog, your sad attempt at

Frog, your sad attempt at humor belies your true feelings -- despite what you posted yesterday. I don't think a true Buddhist or Taoist would poke fun at people exercising their faith and "doing good" as they see it.

This is exactly what I wrote yesterday. Their "good" does not match your "good", so you feel the need to degrade them. Where's that fine Buddhist compassion you extolled yesterday?

But again, a little hypocrisy is OK now and then, right?

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/07/12 - 10:50 am
howcanweknow, perhaps a

howcanweknow, perhaps a little hypocrisy on your part? "Judge not, that you be judged", Matthew 7:1. You have no idea what "good" I might do. Just because I study Tao and Zen doesn't mean I can't still have a sense of humor. Just as you don't respect my beliefs, I don't have to respect yours either. We just have to respect everyone's right to have different beliefs. Chill and enjoy your weekend.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/07/12 - 12:00 pm
"I do appreciate and respect

"I do appreciate and respect everyone's right to have their own beliefs" posted by ForeverFrog yesterday.

When someone appreciates and respects another's right to have their own belief, they do not mock and make fun of that person's belief system, which is the definition of disrespect.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/07/12 - 12:06 pm
Frog, meaningless words. I

Frog, meaningless words. I guess that's what your beliefs are then?

Once again, you misquote the Bible. The "judge not" passage you cite, if you care to read it, is a condemnation against hypocrisy, not against judging -- see the context. But, yes, I can see why you'd want to misuse that verse.

I have nothing against a sense of humor -- as long as it is not at someone else's expense. Your "humor" was at the expense of an important "good" that these folks are doing. Just because you disagree and believe them stupid is no reason to hold your "good' above theirs and criticize them needlessly.

If this is your idea of respecting beliefs, then I want no part of it. Don't think Buddha would either.

See what's going on: If Christians criticize, they are branded as "hateful". If atheists criticize, it is "humor" and Christians are told to lighten up and get real.

Hypocritical double standards are the result of your supposed philosophy of "doing good", just as I pointed out yesterday.

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/07/12 - 12:41 pm
What real "good" does walking

What real "good" does walking around with crosses do other than to maybe proselytize. Y'all in a dither again. Don't bother to answer with more vitriol. Just calm down and enjoy your Eostre weekend. Over and out!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/07/12 - 03:31 pm
"What real "good" does

"What real "good" does walking around with crosses do other than to maybe proselytiz"

The "good" is does is personal. It makes an individual refect on the sacrifice their God made and why. It makes us realize that all the "good" we do should be for His glory. It makes us re-examine ourselves. That is the good it does, whether you think it is or not isn't the point of the journey.

Pu239
Pu239 04/07/12 - 04:46 pm
Sounds like a phoenix from

Sounds like a phoenix from the past has risen to argue and belittle again.....

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/07/12 - 04:51 pm
I don't think it's your

I don't think it's your place, Frog, to judge what "good' is or isn't, correct? Isn't that what you said yesterday? Would Buddha make fun of these folks who were harming no one, but simply practicing their faith?

It's sad that atheists demand tolerance, but practice intolerance themselves. Very revealing discussion thread here (unfortunately).

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/07/12 - 05:46 pm
"What real "good" does

"What real "good" does walking around with crosses do other than to maybe proselytize".

pros·e·lyt·ize   [pros-uh-li-tahyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), verb (used without object), -ized, -iz·ing.
to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte; recruit.

How are they attempting to convert anyone Frog?