• The second Annual Augusta Living Green Day is April 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Augusta Commons, on Broad Street.
• Virginia Allen, of the Augusta Council of Garden Clubs, will talk about Plants for Shade and Sun at the monthly ARC Growers Breakfast meeting April 23 at the Forest Hills Golf Course, 1500 Comfort Road. Breakfast is at 7:30 a.m., and the program is at 8. If you will be having breakfast RSVP to (706) 821-2350 no later than 10 a.m. April 22.
• A free flower show will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. April 23 at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. The show will feature floral design, horticulture exhibits and photography, and exclusive exhibits on conservation and garden history design. For more details, call (706) 733-2424.
• The Sacred Heart Garden Festival preview party is April 25, and the festival is April 26-28. The schedule of speakers, featured venders in the Garden Market, the floral and landscape exhibits and garden homes on tour are at sacred
• The 16th Annual Pendleton King Park Plant Swap and Sale is May 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The free event raises money for improvements to the park at 1600 Troupe St. To donate plants for the Master Gardeners’ fund-raising sale, bring them to the PKP Franke Pavilion between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. May 3.
Individuals or groups selling their own plants or garden-related items must provide their own set-up and donate 10 percent of their sales to the park.
• Join Cold Creek Nurseries and the City of Aiken Parks, Recreation, and Tourism for a day trip to the Orangeburg Rose Festival at Edisto Memorial Gardens. The trip will be May 4 from 8:45 a.m. until approximately 2:45 p.m. Advance registration and payment are required by April 29.
The $45 cost includes transportation, a guided tour of the Rose Garden and a rose seminar on the bus by a member of the Augusta Rose Society. Lunch, available at the festival, will be on your own. The trip is for ages 18 and older. Register at Cold Creek Nurseries, 398 Hitchcock Parkway, Aiken, or by calling (803) 648-3592.