Until spring, here are some local events to help you make it through:
• Cold Creek Nurseries has a poinsettia trade in program. You can bring in your poinsettia – any size, any condition, even purchased from another store – to Cold Creek Nurseries until Feb. 14 and trade it in for a free spring blooming primrose (one per customer.)
• The Aiken County Master Gardeners Lunch Box Series continues Feb. 18 with Sid Mullis speaking on turfgrass. Bring a lunch and enjoy the 12:30 p.m. lecture at Trinity United Methodist Church, 2724 Whiskey Road in Aiken.
The Lunch Box Series gardening lectures take place on the third Monday of each month, January through October.
• The Nola M. Falcone Speaker Series of the Sacred Heart Garden Festival presents Linda Copeland who will speak about her book Legends in The Garden that she wrote with Allan Armitage. The speech is Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. Tickets are $30 per person, and reservations are required. This event is part of the Sacred Heart Garden Festival and all proceeds benefit Sacred Heart Cultural Center.
• And save the date for March 2. Join Cold Creek Nurseries and the City of Aiken Parks, Recreation, and Tourism for a public day trip to the Southern Home and Garden Show at the Park Expo and Conference Center in Charlotte, N.C. The trip begins at 7:30 a.m. Pre-registration and payment is required, and registration is open through Feb. 8. The cost is $59 and includes transportation, parking, and admission into the show. This trip is only for ages 18 and over and will require a moderate amount of walking. Register in person at Cold Creek Nurseries, 398 Hitchcock Parkway in Aiken, or call (803) 648-3592. For more information on the show visit www.southernshows.com/sss.
• Make reservations now for the Augusta Council of Garden Clubs 22nd annual spring award luncheon featuring garden designer Carmen Johnston on container gardens to add style, texture and color. The March 19 event at the Augusta Country Club begins at 9:30 a.m. and includes lunch at noon. Registration is $25 until March 12 and $30 afterward.
Registration forms are available at the Council’s website: augustacouncilgc.com and click on ACGC Spring Luncheon; or contact Judy Kirland at (706) 556-3417 home, (706) 533-1149 cell email@example.com.