The couple moved into the English Tudor Revival-style bungalow in 2001. The Steeles loved the architecture and the history of the house on Bellevue Avenue.
Built in 1926, it was a “kit house,” a type of prefabricated housing popular in the first half of the 20th century. The materials were made by a Chicago company and shipped to Augusta.
The Steeles decorated the house with Craftsman-style furniture, including pieces from David’s grandparents’ house. Oak floors run throughout the downstairs.
A screened porched was converted to a sunroom where Cindy reads and has prayer time.
The library features pine shelves.
The kitchen overlooks a manicured backyard, garden and wood deck.