The base is a package of golden butter cake mix and a packet of instant vanilla pudding. The almond flavor comes from almond extract and ground almonds. The final touches of almond are a creamy almond glaze and a sprinkling of chopped almonds.
GLAZED ALMOND CAKE
For the cake:
- 1 package (16.5-ounces) golden cake mix
- 1 package (3.4-ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup almonds, finely chopped or ground in a food processor
- Additional sliced or chopped almonds, for garnish
For the glaze:
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
Mix dry ingredients, then add eggs, oil, milk and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer for three minutes. Fold in the almonds. Spread in the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
While the cake bakes, combine the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. When the cake is done, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack. Top with almond glaze. Garnish with chopped or slivered almonds.
If splitting the recipe: Bake two 6-cup Bundt pans for 40 minutes, double the glaze. Bake four 3-cup Bundt pans for 35 minutes, triple the glaze.