Now that December is here, it's time to start thinking about all the holiday parties you'll attend.
Because of the number of parties, it's difficult to not wear the same thing twice around the same people or in Facebook photos. With that in mind, I'm going to give examples of how less than $100 can be spent to create six outfits. I'm assuming this is building on basics you already have in your closet.
Here are the items:
- Ruffle tier skirt, black, $26.50 from Old Navy
- Sequin striped cardigan, black or white, $34.50 from Old Navy
- Satin one-shoulder top, black, $15.80 from Forever 21
- Jazzy sequin-front tank, varying colors, $19.80 from Forever 21
These items total $96.60 before taxes.
1. For more subdued occasions, wear the ruffle tier skirt with a white button-up shirt and red lipstick.
2. For an event where you know you'll spend some time outdoors, pair the sequin striped cardigan, buttoned, with a basic black shirt underneath and dark-rinse jeans.
3. For more formal events, wear the satin one-shoulder top with the ruffle tier skirt.
4. For a night out on the town, wear the sequin-front shirt with the ruffled skirt. Throw the cardigan over it all but leave it open so you can see the sequins.
5. Got a strapless dress you've worn again and again? If it lacks a bow or other protruding detail in the back, throw the one-shoulder top over it, then cinch the waist with a belt.
6. Sequins can jazz up even the most basic outfit. Layer the tank over a tissue-weight long-sleeved shirt and wear with jeans.