Not listed? Send your camp information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Summer Camp in the subject line.
Augusta Museum of History: 560 Reynolds St. Imagination Station: Explorers! History Camp. Ages 9-11. 9 a.m.-3 p.m., June 22-26. Learn about explorers such as William Bartram, Blackbeard the Pirate and Augusta's own astronaut, Susan Still. Campers will design their own money, use a compass and learn about wartime contraband. $90 for museum members, $100 for non members. (706) 722-8454 or www.augustamuseum.org.
Camp Invention: Create superheroes, learn to fly and search for lost treasure while learning math, science, history and the arts. Grades 1-6, June 15-19 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Ruth Patrick Science Education Center, University of South Carolina-Aiken. June 22-26 from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Martinez Elementary School. (800) 968-4332 or go to www.campinvention.org.
Fort Discovery: 1 Seventh St.; (706) 821-0614; www.nationalsciencecenter.org.
* Science by Design: June 8-12 for second and third grades Discover Whodunit?: June 8-12 for fourth and fifth grades
* Wild and Crazy Machines: June 8-12 for sixth through eighth grades
* I'm a Graphic Designer: June 15-19 for sixth through eighth grades
* Mission: Discover Mars: July 22-26 for second and third grades
* Jeepies It's Creepies: Learn about scorpions, tarantulas, snakes and other critters. June 22-26 for fourth and fifth grades
* The Fast Track: June 22-26 for sixth through eighth grades
Augusta State University:
* Kids University: June 8-19 and July 6-24. For kindergarten through fifth grades; more than 40 multi-disciplinary academic courses; $155 full-day. $95 half-day. Extended care available and sibling discounts available.
* Lego Engineering Week: Kindergarten through third grades, June 15-19 and July 6-10. Fourth and fifth grade, June 8-12 and July 13-17.
* Video Game Design: Sixth through eighth grades. 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., June 1-5 and July 6-10. $215.
* Academic Courses: Sixth through 12th grades. Includes SAT Prep, MCAT, digital photography, academic writing and foreign language.
Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History: 1005 Broad St. 1-2-3 Summer Fun for You and Me. Ages 6-17. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.. June 1-5, 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26. Art, history and preservation activities with trips to a variety of Augusta locations. $125 per session. Financial aid available. Parents must attend 9-10 a.m. on the first day for orientation. (706) 724-3575 or (706) 724-2866.
MBS Learning Connection, Inc.: 1347 Augusta West Parkway, Suite 2. Summer Camp for 5 & 6 Year Olds/Kindergarten - 1st Grade Reading and Math Camps, June 1 - July 30, 9:30a.m. - 1:30p.m. Monday-Thursday. In addition to learning reading and math, students will also participate in arts and crafts, computers, Spanish, ballet, and fitness. June 1 - June 30: $200, July 1 - July 30: $200. (706) 868-1676 or (706) 868-1775, www.mbslearningconnection.com.
Aiken Center for the Arts: 122 Laurens St. S.W., Van-Go into Art. Age 4 through fourth grade. Art from around the globe. July 6-31. Half-day camps for 4- to 6-year-olds; full- or half-day camps for first- through fourth-graders. Multi-Media Workshop. 4:30-6:30 p.m. June 22-July 31 for fifth-graders and up. Half-day camps and multimedia workshops $120. Full-day camps $200. 10 percent member discount. (803) 641-9094 or www.aikencenterforthearts.org.
Aiken Community Playhouse Theater Camp: Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 126 Newberry St., Aiken. July 27-31. First- and second- graders 9 a.m.-noon; third- to fifth-graders 1-4 p.m. $95. (803) 648-1438 or www.aikencommunityplayhouse.com.
AJADACO Children's African Dance Company Summer Day Camp Martial Arts and Dance Studio, Augusta Business Center on Washington Road, Suite #118, Augusta, GA 30907. Monday June 1 - Friday June 5 from 9 a.m. - noon. Ages 6-12 accepted. Activities include music, dance, drumming, arts and crafts, yoga and more. $100.00 per child (call for family rates), registration required, call (706) 210 8033 or email email@example.com.
Art Factory Summer Stock Program: Ages 6-16. 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. June 8-26 or July 6-24. Musical theater with daily instruction in dance, choreography, theater, set design and more. $375 if paid by June 1, then $400. (706) 731-0008 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augusta Ballet School: 2941 Walton Way. Seventh Annual Nutcracker Dance Camp. June 8-12 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. for ages 3-5. June 15-19 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. for ages 3-5. June 22-26 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. for ages 6-8. Choreography, music and special effects; performance on last day of each session. $95 per session. (706) 733-5511 or email@example.com.
ASU Conservatory Program Summer Music Camps: For middle and high school students. Choir camp, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., June 8-12; Band camp, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., June 15-19; Orchestra camp, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., June 22-26. All camps end with a formal concert on the Friday of camp week. $175 or early bird price $130 paid prior to the start of camp. (706) 731-7971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augusta Players Theater Camps: June 15-26 and July 13-14. Ages 6-11, $200. Middle and high school students, $210. Price includes a T-shirt and performance on the final day of camp. (706) 826-4707
Augusta Symphony 28th Annual Collage Creative Arts Camp: brass, woodwinds, string and percussion instruments, drama, art, weaving, chorus, movement, puppetry, storytelling and creative writing for children entering kindergarten through fifth grade. 9 a.m.-1 p.m., June 15-19. First Baptist Church of Evans, 515 N. Belair Road More sessions June 22-26 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and June 29-July 2 from 9 a.m.to 2 p.m. at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 402 Aumond Road $100; contact Sue Alexanderson at (706) 738-7527, email@example.com or Augusta Symphony, (706) 826-4705.
Augusta West Dance: 146 Davis Road Dance Camp, ages 3-8. June 8-12: Camp Rock; June 15-19: Princess Party; July 13-17: High School Musical 3; July 20-24 and Aug. 3-7: Disney Days. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. with a 12:30 p.m. performance for parents every Friday. (706) 860-0998.
Children's Musical Theatre Ensemble: Ages 3-adult. Voice, theater dance and musical theater production for ages 8 through adult. Fun classes for ages 3-7; call Mickey Lubeck at (706) 231-1759 or visit childrensensemble.com.
Columbia County Ballet: 639 Fury's Ferry Road, Summer Dance Camps, June 8-July 31. Dance camps including Princess Ballet Camps, based on Cinderella and the New York Times best seller Fancy Nancy. For schedule and fees, call (706) 860-1852 or visit www.columbiacountyballet.com.
Family Music of Augusta Musickgarten Summer Camps:
* Music Makers of the Seashore. July 20-24 for ages 4-7. 9 a.m.-noon. Music and movement, crafts, snack and instrument making. $100 plus $35 for materials.
* Nature's Music. Ages 1-3 plus a parent. 10 a.m.-noon July 20-24. Music and movement, snack, nature activities and instrument making. $75 plus $31 material fee.
* Twist and Turn. Ages 1-5. 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and 6:30-7:15 p.m. Mondays during June and July. No class the week of July 13. Nursery rhymes come to life with music and movement. $55 plus $21 in materials. Contact Kathleen Haley, (706) 955-7819 or www.familymusicofaugusta.org.
Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art: Camps held at the Institute, 506 Telfair St. and at The Quest Church, 4020 Washington Road, Martinez. Ages 5-11 weekly from 10 a.m. to noon June 1-26 and July 6-24. Classes include drawing, painting, sculpture and other techniques. $50 for members, $65 for nonmembers. (706) 722-5495. www.ghia.org.
Praise Movement Summer Dance Camp 2009: Jessye Norman School of the Arts, 739 Greene St. Saturday, July 11th & Monday-Friday, July 13th - 17th---8 am to 4 pm daily. For girls, Ages 9-15. $60 per camper. Registration is Friday, June 26th 5-8 pm & Saturday, June 27th 12-3 pm. Contact Iantha Ussin, Director @ 706-951-2207.
St John Choir Camp: 736 Greene St., Summer Choir Camp for young musicians entering grades 1-7, July 13-17. Activites include Choral Singing, Drama Instruction, Beginning Hand Bell Instruction, Dance, Lake Party and Performances/Lectures by local professional musicians. Snacks provided daily. You save money by registering early. For schedule and fees, call (706) 724-9641 or visit http://www.stjohnaugusta.org/common/content.asp?PAGE=398.
Summer Stock @ the Art Factory will hold a camp July 6-24,2009 from 8:30am - 3:00 pm each day. This 3-week camp for ages 6-16 focuses on the art of musical theatre with daily instruction in dance, theatre, music, visual art, and costume design. Cost for Summer Stock is $400, or $375 if paid in full by July 1st. Lunch, snacks, and camp T-shirt are included. Call 706-731-0008 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited. The July camp will feature "Captain Bree & Her Lady Pirates" - a swashbuckling adventure where the ladies run the ship. Registration fee of $75.00 is required before July 1, 2009 in order to hold your space (does fill up quickly - 30 is maximum). We will give you a 10% discount off the $400.00 for each child after the first one. A total of $225 (includes registration fee) must be paid before July 10 and remainder of balance before July 17, 2009. For more information email email@example.com or call The Art Factory at 706.731.0008.
TIPS, TOES AND TAPS ARTS CAMP: Ages 4-11; July 27-31; 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for half-day, $80; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for full day, $150; games, crafts, dance, gymnastics, drama; 452 West Martintown Road, North Augusta; Call (803) 278-3841.
Augusta Rowing Club: Ages 12-18, 8 a.m. to noon, June 22-26 and July 13-17; $85 with $50 discount if participants join team in the fall. www.augustarowingclub.org
Swimming: Lakeside High swim camp, June 1 and 8 at West Lake pool for ages 10-17. $75 t includes lunch both days. Call (706) 364-9811.
The First Tee GOLF Camps: Beginner Golf Camp: June 2-5. l Beginner Golf Camp II: June 16-19.
* Beginner Golf Camp III: June 21-24. 9 a.m.-noon. Golf swing, grip, stance and alignment. Competitions and golf course play. $50 members, $75 nonmembers
* Girls Golf Camp: June 9-12
* Girls Golf Camp II: June 23-26; 9 a.m.-noon; for girls of all skill levels; Rules, etiquette, golf mechanics and a six-hole competition the final day; $50 members, $75 non-members.
* Intermediate & Advanced Junior Golf Camp: July 14-17; students must be able to play 18 holes without adult supervision; $50 for members, $75 for nonmembers. Camp fee scholarships available. Clubs are provided for students who don't have them.
(706) 364-4653 or www.thefirstteeaugusta.org.
* Allstar Sports football exposure camp, grades 9-12; Saturday, May 23, at Glenn Hills High. $30. Call Michael Mckeller at (706) 495-5606 or (706) 833-9242.
* Yellow Jacket Football Camp: North Augusta High School Stadium, ages 7-12; Coach Dan Pippin; June 15-19, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; $50; (803) 441-4311.
* Lakeside High School: Elementary and middle school boys and girls; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 2-5; $20 registration fee due by May 25 and $55 balance due first day of camp. (706) 863-0027, ext. 236.
* Lakeside Middle School Sure Shot Camp: Camp for boys entering grades 6-9 from 1 to 4:30 p.m.; June 1-5 at Lakeside Middle and June 8-12 at Riverside Middle; $80. Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 is June 1-5, June 8-12 and July 27-31, all from 9 a.m. until noon at Lakeside Middle. $75.
* Evans High School Youth Camp: June 8-12 and June 22-26; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; $100 per session with lunch or $85 if campers bring lunch. Call Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686 or (706) 863-1198.
* Greenbrier High School Camp: Session I for boys and girls in grades 2-5 is June 1-3 at Stallings Island Middle School from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. $60. Session II for boys and girls in grades 6-8 is July 27-30 at Greenbrier Middle School. $70. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
* Aquinas High School: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 1-5, grades 5-8; $100; contact Bill Tenore (706) 736-5516 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cross Training Basketball Camp: Riverview Park Activity Center, North Augusta; ages 6-12; June 8-12; 8:30-11:45 a.m.; $50, by June 1, $55 after June 1; (803) 441-4311.
* Team Camp: Riverfront Skills Team Camp for girls and boys varsity basketball teams; June 26-27; Riverview Park Activities Center, North Augusta; $250 per team, 16 boys and 16 girls teams; (803) 441-4311
Clint Bryant Basketball Camp: July 20-24, Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta; boys and girls in grades K-12. Camp hours are Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to noon. $200 includes lunch. (706) 825-2233 or e-mail email@example.com.
Dip Metress Basketball Academy: Boys and girls from grades 1-11; June 15-19 and Aug. 3-7; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Friday; $160. (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Jackets Basketball Skill Camp: July 6-9, North Augusta Parks and Recreation Center. Boys and Girls ages 7-11: 9 a.m. - noon; $50 before June 1; $65 after June 1; Girls ages 11-18: 12:30p.m. - 4 p.m. $55.00 before June 1, after June 1 $70. Checks payable to: North Augusta Parks and Recreation; For information, email: Coach Jared Adamson email@example.com
University Of South Carolina-Aiken
* Coach Mike Brandt Camps: Three-day camps for boys and girls ages 6-17, June 11-13, $110, and June 29-July 1, $125. Hours: 1-4 p.m. June 11 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. other days. Parent/child camp June 12-13. Any adult and child combination is eligible. $125 for two including meals and overnight stay in campus residence hall on campus or $95 for commuters; (803) 641-3491 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Coach Vince Alexander Camps: for boys and girls age 6-16; June 15-18; $165, includes lunch Monday-Wednesday; July 6-9, $175; includes lunch Monday-Thursday. $60 deposit due prior to start of camp; call (803) 641-3438 or www.pacersports.com
* USC-Aiken High School Team Camp: Friday- Sunday, June 26-28; $900 for teams with 8 or fewer players staying on campus; $150 per additional player; or $500 for commuter teams. Contact Nate Davis at (803) 641-3260 or email@example.com
* Evans High School: June 1-5 and June 15-19. Cost is $100 per session or $175 for both weeks. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until noon each day. For information, contact coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Aquinas High School: 9 a.m.- 1 p.m., June 8-11, $100; grades 5-8; contact Bill Tenore (706) 736-5516 or email@example.com
* 22nd annual Bulldog Baseball Camp: June 1-5 at Harlem Recreation Field for boys and girls ages 6-15. $50. Contact Benjie Moore at (706) 556-9136, or Jimmie Lewis at (706) 556-6659 or (706) 564-4712.
* Yellow JacketBaseball Camp: boys ages 5-12; June 22-26; 9 a.m. to noon; Riverview Park, North Augusta, Fields 1-4; $75; Coach Vic Radcliffe; (803) 441-4311.
* USC-Aiken Coach Kenny Thomas Youth Baseball Camp: ages 5-14, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Thursday, June 8-11 and June 15-18; $180 per week or $290 for both weeks; more experienced players ages 9-15, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Wednesday, July 13-15 and Aug. 3-5; $125 per week, includes coacking by position; both camps at Citizens Park in Aiken; call (803) 641-3599
* Yellow Jacket Camp for girls ages 5-12; June 8-12; 9 a.m. to noon; Softball fields A, B, C; $60 Coach Derrick Quinn; (803) 441-4311
* USC-Aiken: ages 9-16; July 13-17 - 9 a.m.to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Friday; $150 (checks made payable to Snyder Softball Camps; (803) 641-3462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Greenbrier High School's fastpitch softball clinic; grades 2-9; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 2-5. $80 per person, $60 for siblings and $60 per player if registering a team of five or more. www1.ccboe.net/gbh/index.htm, click "Athletics" and "Summer Camps." For information, e-mail Garrett Black at email@example.com.
* Washington-Wilkes Little League Softball Camp for girls ages 6-14; 9 a.m. to noon, June 15-18; Ashley Park in Washington, GA; $40 - checks made payable to WW Little League; Contact Erica Todd (706)401-4931.
* Summer Soccer Camp: Riverview Park Soccer Fields, North Augusta; ages 4-16; June 22-26; 9 a.m. to noon; $60; Coach Clement Oji Odi; (803) 441-4311.
* Aquinas High School:9 a.m.-1 p.m. July 6-10, grades 5-8; $115; contact Bill Tenore (706) 736-5516 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cross-Training Camp: Riverview Park Soccer Fields, North Augusta; ages 6-12; June 8-12; 8:30-11:45 a.m;. $50 by June 1, $55 after June 1; (803) 441-4311
* USC-Aiken Soccer School: boys and girls ages 4-17; June 8-12; June 22-26 and July 6-10; $200 full day - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., includes lunch; or $100 half day - 9 a.m. to noon. Friday camps end at noon. Contact Coach Ike Ofoje at (803) 641-3717 or e-mail email@example.com
* USC-Aiken Girls Soccer Camp: July 13-17 and July 20-24; introductory camp for girls age 4-7, 9 a.m. to noon - $90; full day for girls age 4 to 14, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; $180. Contact 803-641-3491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Challenger Sports British Soccer Camp: Riverview Park Soccer Fields, North Augusta; Aug. 3-7; ages 3-4, 9-10 a.m., $75; ages 4-6, 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., $90; ages 6-9, and 10-14, 9 a.m. to noon, $110; evening sessions for ages 6-9, and 10-14, 5:30-7:30 p.m., $90; Call (803) 441-4311.
GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club Camps: for boys and girls ages 5 to 17. June 15-17 at Blanchard Woods in Columbia County. July 6-10 in conjunction with the USC-Aiken Ofoje Soccer School in Aiken. July 26-29 at Hammond's Ferry in North Augusta. The July 26-29 camp is a Bull's ProXtreme camp featuring professional soccer players. On-line registration and information can be found at www.ga-scbulls.com. Call (706) 312-7415 for more information.
Pole Vault Camp: Greenbrier High School's Flying High pole vault camp for novice and experienced vaulters ages 13 and up; 6-9 p.m. June 1-4 at the GHS track. $75 and includes a book, T-shirt and classroom instruction. Call Scott Hinds at (706) 306-5572 or Kati Smallwood at (706) 650-6043, ext. 5911.
Ice Skating Camp: Augusta Ice Sports Center summer camp for beginner to advanced skaters - boys and girls ages 4-17; June 22-26; $250 with non-refundable $75 deposit due by May 31; 10-percent discount for a second family member. Call (706) 863-0061.
* Augusta Prep: June 8-9 and June 22-26. Middle school sessions for grades 5-8 from 9 a.m. to noon. High school sessions for grades 9-12 from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. $50 for the two-day camp and $120 for the five-day camp. Contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or at email@example.com.
* Greenbrier High School: June 1-3 at Greenbrier Middle School gym. For girls in grades 5-9; $50. Contact Debbie Born at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Aquinas High School: grades 5-8. Dates TBA. $100; contact Bill Tenore (706) 736-5516 or email@example.com
* Aquinas High School: 8:30-11:30 a.m., June 22-25, $100; grades 5-8; contact Bill Tenore (706) 736-5516 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Greenbrier Middle School: June 17-19 for grades K through 8. Contact Brent Paige at email@example.com.
* Yellow Jacket Cheerleading Camp: June 16-19; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Riverview Park Activities Center, North Augusta; $100; Coach Cynthia Cawthon and North Augusta High School cheerleaders; (803) 441-4311.
* Pacer Cheerleader Camp: ages 5 and older; July 27-31, USC-Aiken Convocation Center; 8:30 a.m. to noon - individuals; 1-4:30 p.m. squads. $70 per person. Cheers, chants, stunts, gymnastics and dance routines; www.pacersports.com
Evans High School Varsity Cheerleaders Cheerleading Kiddie camps for girls in Pre-K through 5th grade; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, June 1-5 and July 6-10. $100 including lunch, snacks, t-shirt, and awards. For information or to register, contact Devin Smith at (706) 863-1198 ext. 4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Camp Flip Flop: Begins May 26; ages 4-12; can participate by the day or by the week.
* Preschool Camp: Begins May 26; ages 3-5; 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
* Summer Classes: June 1-July 31; preschool, developmental, tumbling, cheer/tumbling. (706) 650-2111. www.gymnasticsgold.com. Call for prices.
Hayden's Gymnastics Academy: Programs include summer day camps, swimming lessons, gymnastics classes, cheerleading and mothers morning out. (706) 868-0608.
* North Augusta Country Club; swimming, tennis and golf camp; ages 6-13; June 15-19, July 20-24; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; $275 per week; (803) 279-6305.
* USC-Aiken All-Sports Camp: basketball, soccer, golf, tennis; swimming, dodge ball, relays; June 22-26 and July 20-24: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; boys and girls ages 5-15; $150; (803) 641-3462 or email email@example.com
Camp LYFE (Leading Youth Forward in Excellence): Health, Fitness and Fine Arts camp spnsored by RHEMA Connections, Inc. 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, July 6-24; sessions in healthy living, fitness, developing healthy habits, music, art, and drama. Swimming, bowling, skating, and other field trips will be provided. Site: Macedonia Baptist Church, 1828 Wrightsboro Road. Cost: $60 per week with discount for families with more than two children participating. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided. Applications avilable at the church or the RHEMA house at 343 Telfair St. For information contact Pam Baker at (706)814-6395 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or (706) 922-6101 4-7:30 p.m.
Augusta-Richmond County Recreation Department: Day Camps for ages 4-12; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 2-26 and July 6-31. Games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips and swimming. Before and after care available at selected locations. Camps are held at 12 recreation and parks locations in Augusta, Blythe and McBean areas. (706) 796-5025 or www.augustaga.gov/departments/recreation.
Columbia County Recreation Department: Bobby Waters Gymnasium Complex, Patriots Park. Fun-filled days for children ages 6-12 with different themes throughout the summer, field trips, arts and crafts, games and more; May 26-July 31; no camp week of July 4. Call for times and fees. Contact Robby Kiser at (706) 868-3458.
North Augusta Recreation Department: Summer Adventure Camp: grades 1-5; June 8-July 10, five weekly sessions; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday; Riverview Park Activities Center; $100; Early drop off and pick up available for additional fee; field trips, games, crafts, water slide, nature hikes and skits; (803) 441-4311.
Boys and Girls Club of Augusta: Four locations: E.W. Hagler Unit, 1903 Division St., (706) 312-2200; Dogwood Terrace Unit, 747 15th Ave., (706) 737-3554; Thomson Unit, 221 Pecan Ave., Thomson, (706) 595-7447; W.T. Johnson Center, 1610 Hunter St. (706) 821-2866. Day Camps. June 1-July 31. Each week will have different themes such as safari and fitness and nutrition. Field trips each Friday. $250 for the entire summer.
Child's World: 10 locations throughout the CSRA. Weekly sessions from May 26 to Aug. 12. Ages 5-12. Hours vary by location. Activities include field trips, cooking, themed activities and more. (706) 737-2688 or www.acwchildcare.com. for pricing.
Episcopal Day School: June 15-26 and July 6-30 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Camps for first through fifth graders in art, sports and computers, cost $175. Camps for 3-year-olds to kindergarten will have weekly themed activities and cost $125. Sports theme camps TBA. 2248 Walton Way. Contact Julie Kneuker at (706) 733-1192 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiken Preparatory School: 619 Barnwell Ave. N.W., Aiken. Simply summer day camp. June 8-12, 15-19 22-26 and June 29-July 3. July 13-17, 20-24 and 27-31. August 3-7. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with extended day care available for $4 an hour beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m. Ages 4-12. Kindergarten-fifth grade. Thematic units each week. Math skills, science and language arts; arts, crafts and cooking. Spanish classes daily. Camps include swimming and field trips. Specialty camps within the day camps include swimming lessons, tennis clinics, karate, art, photography and music/drama. These camps are available at additional fees. Extended Daycare Camps. 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. June 1-5, Aug. 1-14 and Aug. 17-19. Children kindergarten-fifth grade. $4 per hour. (803) 649-4110
H. Odell Weeks Center: Summer Adventures Day Camps, two-week sessions for ages 5-12; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. from June 8-Aug. 14. Themed sessions with sports, field trips, swimming, games and arts and crafts. Extended care available for additional fee. $110 per two-week session, $35 additional for out-of-town residents. Early drop-off at 7:30 a.m. and extended camp from 3-5:30 p.m. for $50 per session; 1700 Whiskey Road, Aiken. (803) 642-7631.
University of South Carolina-Aiken: Summer Day Camps including science, foreign language, creative arts, sports, action and fitness, math, filmmaking, theater and acting, study skills, technology, S.A.T. preparation and reading comprehension. Office of Continuing Education. 471 University Parkway. (803) 641-3563, www.usca.edu/kidsincollege or e-mail email@example.com.
Whole Life Ministries: Day Camps. June 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. for ages 5-12, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. for ages 1-4. Early dropoff and late pickup at no additional cost. Activities include canoeing, waterslides, bowling, movies, gym games, Kids Church, sports and more. $75 a week for ages 5-12. Call for pricing for children 1-4. 2621 Washington Road (706) 737-4530. www.wholelife.org.
Kingdom Kids Christian Academy and Beulah Grove Community Resource Center: Summer Explosion 2009. Kindergarten-eighth grade. June 1-July 10. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Free extended care from 6 to 7:45 a.m. and 5 to 6 p.m. Hot breakfast and lunch provided. Program places students in their promoted grades to work on curriculum for the upcoming school year with certified teachers during the morning hours. Afternoons include recreation, Spanish, drama, dance, art, music, computer science and field trips. $40 registration fee and $90 per week. Call Jean Callaway at (706) 722-4999.
Learning Laughter and Love: 635 Gibbs Road S.; weekly camps for ages pre-K-12 that include zoo trip, cookout at park, Pampered Princess Day for girls, Sports Rocks day for boys and other activities. Contact Deena Youngblood at (706) 651-1009 for pricing and dates.
Crown Christian Church International Summer Camp: 720 Edgefield Road North Augusta, SC.; weekly children's camp beginning Monday, June 15. Open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registration is $15 for the first child, $10 for the second, and weekly rates are $50 for the first child, $45 for the second. Contact the church for information at (803) 278-1312.
Augusta Jewish Community Center: 898 Weinberger Way. (706) 228-3636 or www.augustajcc.org. Specialty camps: $225 unless otherwise noted.
* 3D Art Camp. Ages 5-10, June 8-12. Ages 7-13, July 20-24. Basic sculptural forms, carving mobiles and more
* Archery. Ages 5-13. June 29-July 3 and July 27-31. Equipment provided.
* Chess Wizards. Ages 5-13. July 13-17. Chess, puzzles, charades, basketball, soccer and more; $325.
* Circus Camp. Ages 5-teens. July 27-31. Introduction to the circus, performing and the visual arts. Camp ends with a show; $295.
* Cooking Camp. Ages 7-13. June 8-12. July 27-31.
* Drama Camp. Ages 6-10, June 22-26. Ages 9-13, Aug. 3-7. Confidence building games and acting.
* Fashion Camp. Girls ages 7-13. July 27-31. Manicures, make-up, dress-up and arts and crafts projects. Gain poise and self-confidence.
* Golf Camp. Ages 5-10, June 22-26. Ages 7-13, July 13-17. Golf fundamentals. Equipment included.
* Dangerous Creatures Camp. Ages 7-13. June 15-19.
* Destination Mars Camp. Ages 7-13. July 20-24.
* Sewing Camp. Ages 7-13. June 22-26. Sewing basics.
* Basketball. Ages 5-10. June 1-5, July 6-10. Basic basketball skills.
* Soccer Camp. Ages 5-10. June 1-5, July 20-24.
* Taekwondo. Ages 5-13. June 8-12, July 6-10. Fitness, fun, respect and discipline.
* Tennis Camp. Ages 5-10. June 15-19. Ages 7-13. June 29-July 3.
* Day Camp: Day Camp at the AJCC. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. May 26-Aug. 7. Extended care available for additional fees for regular and specialty camps. A different theme each week. Activities offered during the traditional camps include swimming, archery, tennis, golf and basketball. Sibling, early bird and multicamp discounts available. $160. Mini-camps available for 3- and 4 year-olds. Mini-camps run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. $120. Try-its are three-day camps. $85.
Augusta Preparatory Day School: 285 Flowing Wells Rd., Martinez. (706) 863-1906 or www.augustaprep.org. Visit Web site for the latest camp information.
* Art Camp: Collaboration with the Morris Museum of Art. Ages 12 and older. Paper and Printmaking, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 15-19. Sculpture Techniques, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 22-26. Exploring Craft Techniques, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 6-10. Each one-week session costs $180 for museum family members; $200 for nonmembers.
* Music Programs: Beginning Guitar. Grades 1-4. 3-4 p.m. June 15-19, June 22-26, July 6-10 and July 13-17. Grades 5-12. 2-3 p.m. June 15-19, June 22-26, July 6-10 and July 13-17. $120. Introduction to Music I. Grades 1-5. 3:15-4 p.m. July 13-17 and July 20-24. $90. Introduction to Music II. Grades 1-5. 4-4:45 p.m., July 13-17 and July 20-24. $90. Music Theory I. Grades 9-12. 2-3 p.m., July 13-17, July 20-24. $120. Music Theory II. Grades 9-12. 1-2 p.m., July 13-17 and July 20-24. $120.
* Sports: Cheerleading and Tumbling. 9 a.m.-noon. Grades 3-8. $160. Baseball: Grades 4-8. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. June 15-19. $160. Grades 1-6. 9 a.m.-noon, July 13-17 and July 20-24. $100. Total Soccer Academy. Grades 3-8, 9 a.m.-3 p.m, June 15-19. $160. Tennis: Grades 1-6, 9 a.m.-noon, June 16-19. $100. Volleyball: Grades 5-8, 9 a.m.-noon. Grades 9-12, 1-4 p.m. June 8-9 or June 22-26, call for fees.
*Summer Theatre Camp: Ages 5 1/2-14 (must be 6 years old by January 2010). Held at the Hull Fine Arts Center. Campers will be placed in one of three groups based on age and ability. Instruction in Drama, Theatrical Dance, Stage Combat, Music and Technical Theater. June 8-19. $450. Performance to be held at 6 p.m. June 19. Contact Peter Powlus for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-726-1176.
*Enrichment Camps Day Camps. Ages 4-12. Full-day camps with extended care. Four-year-olds can choose from full- or half-day camps with no extended care. June 8-26 and July 13-24. $185 per session. Ages 13-14, Counselor-In-Training program, $100.
* Academic Enrichment. PSAT/SAT language arts prep, grammar, study skills, math and history. Active Learning Series Camps. Video game design, chess and animation creation. Ages 8-16. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (half- and full-day sessions available). June 8-12, July 6-10. Half-day morning or afternoon sessions cost $300. (Chess camps cost $275) Full-day (includes half-day of chess and half-day of video game) costs $450. Full day of chess camp costs $425. www.chesscamp.com.
Financial assistance is available for all Family Y programs. Visit www.thefamilyy.org. (706) 922-9622.
Residential Camp: Overnight resident Camp. Ages 7-17. Camp length, session dates and fees depend on age of camper. Camp activities plus sailing, kayaking, campfire ceremonies and more at Camp Lakeside.
Traditional Day Camps: Aiken. Ages 5-12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. Weekly sessions June 8-Aug. 14. Arts, crafts, games, field trips and weekly swimming. $75 for Family Y members, $100 for nonmembers. (803) 349-8080.
Family Y Camp Lakeside: Ages 5-17. May 25-Aug. 7. Archery, outdoor education, sports, games, canoeing and daily swimming. $100 per week for Family Y members, $130 for nonmembers.
Family Y Camp Marshall: Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup ending at 6 p.m. for no additional cost. May 26-Aug. 7. Arts and crafts, games and sports with weekly field trips. Wesley United Methodist Church in Evans. $75 per week for Family Y members, $100 for nonmembers.
Family Y Camp North Augusta: June 8-Aug. 14. Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. Crafts, games, arts and weekly field trips. Each week has a different theme. $75 for members, $100 for nonmembers. (803) 278-0882.
Family Y Camp Wilson: Dayspring Church. Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. May 26-Aug. 7 with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. Games, sports, devotions, swimming, field trips and more.
* Big Bucks, Little Bucks Camp: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. June 22-26 at North Augusta Family YMCA, 401 Martintown Road., and Augusta South Family Y, 2215 Tobacco Rd. Sponsored by First Citizens Bank. Helps kids understand the importance of good financial management. $80 members, $105 nonmembers.
Arts, Drama and Dance Camps:
Creative Arts Camp. May 26-Aug. 7. Ages 7-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. Traditional day camp combined with dance, drama, art and music. $90 for members, $120 for nonmembers. Wesley United Methodist Church in Evans.
Dance Camp. May 26-Aug. 7. Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. Traditional day camp with beginner level ballet and jazz steps. New routines taught each week. $110 per session for members, $140 for nonmembers. Dayspring Baptist Church.
Drama Camp. May 26-Aug. 7. Ages 8-14. 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. with early drop-off starting at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. An introduction to drama. Kids present a skit to parents at the end of camp. $110 for Family Y members. Dayspring Baptist Church.
*Wilson Branch Aquatics Camp: Ages 5-12. Weekly sessions May 26-Aug. 7. Water games, stroke clinic and improvements for already swimming campers. $110 for members, $140 for nonmembers. E-mail email@example.com for information.
* Baseball Camp: Ages 7-16. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop off at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. for no additional cost. June 8-12 and June 29-July 3. $110 for members, $140 for nonmembers. Dayspring Baptist Church.
* Augusta/Southside Cheerleading Camp: Ages 5-12. Sessions offered May 26-July 31. $75 per week. Camp is held at Sego Middle School.
Gymnastics Camp at Wilson Branch Gymnastics Center: Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. for no additional cost. $110 per week for members, $140 for nonmembers.
*Golf Camp: Ages 6-17. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. June 22-25 and July 20-23. Includes nine-hole tournament with golf cart at Forest Hills Golf Course. $149. A limited supply of clubs are available for use. Wedges and Woods Driving Range and Teaching Facility, 3731 Wrightsboro Rd. Golf Mini-Camps. June 15-16 and July 13-14. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. $69.
* Soccer Camp: Ages 7-16. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. June 1-5, June 22-26, July 13-17 and July 27-31. $110 for members, $140 for nonmembers. Dayspring Baptist Church.
* Augusta/Southside Sports Camp: Ages 5-12. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. May 26-July 31. $75 per week. Camps are held at Sego Middle School.
* Sports Galore Camp: Ages 7-16. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with early drop-off at 7 a.m. and late pickup until 6 p.m. at no additional cost. June 22-26. $110 for members, $140 for nonmembers. Dayspring Baptist Church.
* Micro Soccer Mini-Camp at Wilson Branch Sports Fields: Ages 4-6. 9-11 a.m. June 1-5, 15-19, 29-July 3 and July 13-17. Basic skills for young beginners. $55 for members, $80 for nonmembers.
Family Y Thomson Camps:
*Day Camp: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. May 26-Aug. 6. Swimming, field trips and weekly mini-camps in drama, dance, music, arts and nature. $75 per week. Camp is held at 130 Main St., Thomson, and White Oak Campground. Call (706) 595-5615 for information and registration.
* Art Mini-Camps: 130 Main St., Thomson. Call (706) 595-5615. Art Soup Mini-Camp. Ages 8-10 from 9-11 a.m., 11-13 from 3-5 p.m. June 15-19 and July 27-31. Various art media, daily projects and instruction. $30 members, $50 non-members.
*Comic Book Mini-Camp: Ages 14 and up. Noon-4 p.m. June 1-5 and July 13-17. Develop a personalized comic book to keep. Taught by a published illustrator. $60.
* Dance Mini-Camp. Ages 3 and up. June 1-5 and July 13-17 with age-specific two-hour sessions. Ages 3-5 from 9-11 a.m., ages 6-12 from 2-4 p.m. and ages 13 and up from 5-7 p.m. $30 for members, $50 for non-members.
Drama Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. 9-11 a.m. June 8-12 and 22-26. An introduction to drama. $30 for members, $50 for non-members
* Rock and Roll Music Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. 9-11 a.m. July 27-31. An introduction to music. $20 for members, $50 nonmembers.
* Sewing Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. June 15-19. Hand sewing basics or machine sewing (two separate camps). Campers provide their own sewing Nature Camp. Ages 5-12. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. June 29-July 3 and July 20-24. Outdoor field trips and exploration of the natural world around Thomson. $75. Call (706) 595-5615.
* Sports Galore Camp. Ages 5-12. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. July 6-10. $75. Call (706) 595-5615.Cheerleading Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. Date and time TBA.
* Basic cheerleading skills. $30 for members, $50 non-members. Call (706) 595-5615.
* Golf Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. 9-11 a.m. July 6-10. $40. Held at Belle Meade Country Club and taught by golf pro Matt Brass. $40 for members, $60 for non-members. Call (706) 595-5615.
* Gymnastics Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. Time and dates TBA. $30 for members, $50 for non-members. Call (706) 595-5615.
* Tennis Mini-Camp. Ages 5-12. Dates and times TBA. $30 for members, $50 non-members. (706) 595-5615.