Why did the people "wait" to protest? This seems to be the only question the left-wing media care about as they continue to bash the April 15 tea parties.
The answers are simple:
- Hope. The people had hoped that the "change" offered by President Obama would be good. It is not.
- Trust. The people trusted their elected officials to do what was right. They were disappointed.
- Belief. The people believed America was too big and powerful to fail. They now see that as a real possibility.
- The people became complacent and lazy. The years of prosperity brought about by Reaganomics lulled us into a zombie-like state. We had forgotten that prosperity and freedom require continued diligence and a watchdog attitude.
- Fear. The people are fearful for their future and that of their kids and grandkids.
- Forgetfulness. The people had forgotten that America is government for the people and by the people, and we the people quit participating in the system.
Without our input, the system is like letting a bad genie out of his bottle. He runs around granting wishes with no regard for the consequences. We want to reign the genie in -- put him back in the bottle. But the power we have unleashed in Washington will not be recaptured easily. Who in Washington, D.C., is going to vote to cut their own lifestyles and political power?
So we must cut it for them. That is why the people waited and recapturing the people's government is their mission.