Boy who dresses as girl may sue SC over license photo

COLUMBIA— An organization that supports transgender rights is planning to sue South Carolina after the state wouldn’t issue a driver’s license to a 16-year-old boy unless he took off his makeup.

The Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund said it will file a federal lawsuit against the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles on Tuesday. The boy, Chase Culpepper, his mother and the director of the fund also plan to talk to reporters in Columbia.

The DMV wouldn’t let Culpepper wear his makeup for the photo because of a police that bans license pictures when someone is purposefully altering his appearance.

The fund says that rule is unconstitutional because it is too vague and lets DMV employees arbitrarily decide how someone should look.

Pops
Pops 09/02/14 - 08:33 am
These are just

people looking for their fifteen minutes of fame........

reader54
reader54 09/02/14 - 09:03 am
The New Times

However, Pops, they'll win and change (or define)the future policy. A case can be made that the decision was bias. It's just practical to have your Drivers License photo reflect how you appear daily. There would be a problem if a Gal presented to a cop a license with the photo of a Guy.?
I believe in Personal Rights but the world is changing too fast for my taste.

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/02/14 - 09:25 am
There is makeup and there

DRAG Cover and the 2 are extremely far apart.

This is just another one of those "SPECIAL PEOPLE" that wants a "SPECIAL RIGHT" to fill their "SPECIAL NEED".

Its call Identification for a reason.

The LEO, bankers and etc.. must be about ID the person.

What happens if I decide to show up in a Arabic Burqa
arguing its how I dress in public?

JRC2024
19843
JRC2024 09/02/14 - 09:25 am
They could put on the DL a

They could put on the DL a line that says altered appearance. I bet that would also make them mad. They want to be seen as what they are not.

Dixieman
Dixieman 09/02/14 - 09:26 am
Dixieman sez:

Revealed: The story behind the story!
The real problem was his mascara ran and DMV refused to let him repair his makeup because he couldn't decide which restroom to use.
Nobody takes a good drivers license photo anyway!

nocnoc
nocnoc 09/02/14 - 09:28 am
A special license for Special People

with 2 Photos

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/02/14 - 09:38 am
Amazing

How a few people can change the entire process of DL cards.

billcass
billcass 09/02/14 - 10:58 am
I am sure

His parents are proud.

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 09/02/14 - 12:01 pm
@billcass

Well, @ least his mom is okay with it, since she will be member of the suit. I'm okay with the statement that the picture should reflect your average, daily appearance. **Disclaimer - I just hate it when my blush is all blotchy.

burninater
burninater 09/02/14 - 01:46 pm
"Amazing How a few people can

"Amazing
How a few people can change the entire process of DL cards.

------
I know, right? Folks can't even wear makeup in a DL photo anymore? Where's the common sense?

burninater
burninater 09/02/14 - 02:31 pm
"A special license for

"A special license for Special People
with 2 Photos
Normal and Drag and there should be a "Special" extra price for the dual ID also."
-----
We can have a special license for balding men and women, too, Normal and Hair Piece.

All makeup wearers will need one as well, not just the men, for Normal and Made Up.

We can add a hair dresser to the DMV to remove installed hairpieces, like weaves, to be sure that noone has "altered their appearance".

Cosmetic dentistry, there's an alteration. Let's get those tooth gaps back in those photos!

Men in the process of hair plug restoration should do a before-and-after, and anyone with facial tattoos will need a Photoshopped version in case they have tattoo removal done.

Oh, suntans! That's going to be a pain. They've deliberately altered their appearance, and unless they keep tanning in the winter, their skin will be a different color.

What a mess.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 09/02/14 - 07:19 pm
Tater Salad

>Insert Ron White Quote here<

oldredneckman96
oldredneckman96 09/02/14 - 08:26 pm
MENTAL?

Such a mental defect as this thing has should be reason to keep it off the road.

corgimom
corgimom 09/02/14 - 09:04 pm
Another frivolous lawsuit.

Another frivolous lawsuit.

*sigh*

corgimom
corgimom 09/02/14 - 09:04 pm
Although Bruce Jenner will

Although Bruce Jenner will appreciate this.

myfather15
myfather15 09/02/14 - 10:03 pm
The entire population, every

The entire population, every single one of us should dress in drag to go get our license renewed!! If they refuse, tell then you're transgendered and will sue their pants off!!

Then you can just do away with ID's all together, because you won't be able to actually ID them!! Wait......then they would probably have to come up with a national ID!! Hhhhmmmmm............I've heard this somewhere before!!

myfather15
myfather15 09/02/14 - 10:07 pm
"Where did we go

"Where did we go astray....where did we lose all common sense...will be ever go back to normal life??"

We went astray when we lost our spine to stand up to radical left wing non-sense!! We went astray when we allowed the left to melt our spines with political correctness!!

We are now living in a world of mass confusion in every aspect of life!! We will NOT go back, until HE comes and sets things right!! Because WE don't have the guts to do what HE, WILL DO; which is send these people EXACTLY where they deserve!!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/02/14 - 10:24 pm
MF15, Do you honestly wake up

MF15,

raul
raul 09/02/14 - 10:31 pm
burninater
burninater 09/02/14 - 11:53 pm
Thanks for the pic so we can

Thanks for the pic so we can see what the real issue is, raul.

That's the "purposefully altered appearance"!?

Some bigoted idiot at the DMV just lost SC taxpayers some $$$.

historylover
historylover 09/03/14 - 12:32 am
Burn

I'm so glad you're on here! If this is the way this person looks on a normal day, then this is the way his photo should be taken. There have always been people among us who have dressed as members of the opposite sex and have had their photos taken that way. If this had been a woman who decided to tape down her breasts, cut her hair very short and take testosterone to grow facial hair, nothing would have been said.

I haven't been on here in days. The bigoted comments really get to me after a while. I sign back on and there they all are again for the world to see. Don't you people ever get tired of being so angry?

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 09/03/14 - 05:29 am
myfather15

My sentiments entirely. We need more people like you to speak up. GOD is coming soon, and I am ready.

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 09/03/14 - 05:36 am
burninater

Not bigoted, just stating the truth. I know liberals try to hide behind the truth. Are you really satisfied with the shape our country is in?

corgimom
corgimom 09/03/14 - 06:28 am
Historylover, in a word- no.

Historylover, in a word- no.

I've wondered that myself, what pleasure they derive from their anger.

corgimom
corgimom 09/03/14 - 06:29 am
And what shape is that,

And what shape is that, geecheeriverman?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/03/14 - 07:46 am
Pirates

OK I want to dress as a pirate complete with an eye patch for my ID.., then in 5 months I want to change it to a cowboy costume with a John Wayne face makeover, then in 3 months let me be an astronaut complete with helmet!!
Here's your sign sheeple!!!

JRC2024
19843
JRC2024 09/03/14 - 08:05 am
In his picture he looks more

In his picture he looks more like a girl than a boy. What a sad situation to be in. His life will always be turned upside down.

myfather15
myfather15 09/03/14 - 08:49 am
"Do you honestly wake up each

"Do you honestly wake up each morning and say to yourself, "I sure hope today's the day"?"

In a word.....YES!! But, I also don't expect in everyday; as I live my life like it will continue as normal. I also know scripture and realize there is still much to be fulfilled.

Question: Do you wake up everyday, realizing you can trust EVERY human being and know they're telling you the truth?

If not, then maybe YOU should be looking forward to that day as well.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/03/14 - 08:57 am
Thanks burn

For getting all the points for seenit...lol

Lawsuit CRAZY world....lawsuit....insane!

myfather15
myfather15 09/03/14 - 09:06 am
"Those "doom and gloomers",

"Those "doom and gloomers", "the sky is falling", "the country is being destroyed"- no thanks."

I just love those who consider the return of Honor and Truth, (i.e. the return of Jesus Christ) as "gloom and doom".

Yes, I have personal friends who refer the "The end" as "gloom and doom" as well. It's NOT the end, but a new beginning!! The beginning of a MUCH better life!!

No, everyday life, especially for us here in the United States, isn't that bad!! Our battle is more spiritually, than flesh&blood. I have lot's of barbeques, neighbors over, a wonderful family, take vacations, go to the lake, and so forth!! Life is NOT all that bad.

But tell the Christians in Iraq, Egypt, China and numerous difference Countries that life is just awesome!! Please tell them to their face, and let me know what kind of reaction you get!! They're having their heads cut off and being stoned to death!!

One can claim that life is all peaches and cream all they want; and they might have a point for THEIR life, but it's not the same for others. The spiritual anguish is what bother's me the most!!! Deception is running rampant throughout the world; and to deny this is to deny reality!! From the largest government to the smallest town government, deception is so common place we laugh at it as if it's a joke!! How can you tell if a politician is lying? If he's moving his lips!! Ever heard that? Ever heard someone tell a joke about a Southern Baptist passing the offering plate? I heard an actual Pastor telling one of these jokes the other day; making light of it!! Ever heard someone tell a joke about keeping your wife or girlfriend away from the Pastor? I've heard them!! The sad thing is, there is TRUTH to them!!

I'm not trying to pull the old "I've been there and done that" but I HAVE been working the criminal world for a long time and I HAVE seen a LOT!! I can't count the amount of Pastor's that have been investigated!! I'm sure each one of you, know or have heard of a leader in a Church getting in trouble, either criminally or within the Church!! Who can you HONESTLY trust with you entire trust?

The President?
ANY politician?
Your pastor?
Family?
Used car salesman?
Your realtor?

If you've found some good ones that you trust; congratulations and be very thankful. Because I've experienced in life they're a lot more of them that will screw you at the blink of an eye!!

So, forgive me for my desire for the return of the ONE BEING, that I CAN put ALL my trust in!!