4 jailed for throwing rocks off overpass

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2014 7:15 AM
Last updated 7:19 AM

GAINESVILLE, Ga. — Court records show that all four suspects have been apprehended after large rocks were dropped onto cars from a freeway overpass in Gainesville.

Gainesville police on Aug. 20 announced the arrests of two men accused of dropping rocks on Interstate 985 earlier this month.

The Times reports court records show that two more suspects have also been apprehended.

Police say 18-year-old Juan Peterson and 21-year-old Kyhrie Harris, both of Gainesville, were arrested last week and charged with criminal damage and terroristic acts.

Later, police arrested 19-year-old Gainesville residents Kendrick Perry and Michael Ellis. They also face charges of criminal damage and terroristic acts.

It’s unclear whether any of the suspects have attorneys.

Police say the rocks damaged at least two vehicles. No serious injuries were reported.

___

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/14 - 07:49 am
Not a Prank - But Attempted MURDER

Given their ages and the size of the Boulders they were dropping on cars this WAS NOT A PRANK. It was outright attempted murder.

See the pictures at http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ga-men-throw-rocks-overpass-damage...

It also provides Photos of the attempted murderers and the results of their 25+ lbs boulder tossing.

Watch for Copy Cats in the future.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/26/14 - 07:52 am
Good grief, this is such a

Good grief, this is such a horrible thing. Thankfully, no one was killed or injured. These kids don't know how lucky they were that nothing more serious happened or they'd finish growing up in the big house. They should do some serious time as it is.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, let's hope there are no copy cats.

historylover
historylover 08/26/14 - 08:20 am
hoptoad

I completely agree. If the report had listed 12 year olds, I might feel that this was just a case of bad kids who need their behinds whipped. Given the men's age and the size of the boulders, they were trying to kill someone. You know, makes you wonder what type of criminal mind would take this particular route? I hope they spend many years in jail.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/14 - 08:34 am
Being a curious mind

I gonna make a few calls and find out a little more about the victims.

Were they randomly selected or was there some sort of selection criteria involved by this gang.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/14 - 08:56 am
Between 1997-2000 it use to happen on I-20 East bound

On Friday/Saturday nights between 6pm and 9pm @ mile markers 138-148 from the overpasses.

It was a bunch of rural White punks tossing a fist size rock over the bridge railing.

They finally caught at least 1 pair, one Friday night and slapped them in prison and it stopped.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/26/14 - 08:58 am
SIB4 - did they arrest a some punks

about 4-5 years ago using paint ball rifles shooting car from the same location. They got 3 years and 5 year probation.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/26/14 - 09:38 am
I agree History. Twelve year

I agree History. Twelve year olds sometimes just can't see the ramifications of their actions (I was 12 once-I KNOW). But these guys are young adults. I know now that in many ways I was still stupid at 18; but I understood outcomes of actions.

scooter2762
scooter2762 08/26/14 - 09:50 am
My cousin's wife was killed

My cousin's wife was killed by a rock coming off of a truck on the highway while she was driving... this is just plain stupid and I agree with it being attempted murder!

JRC2024
JRC2024 08/26/14 - 10:41 pm
15 years at hard labor

15 years at hard labor busting up rocks should teach them.